XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

untitledw4unc.png

CPU is still a Jaguar, just a upgraded one.

Does that table come in a English version?

Looks impressive based on what I've seen and read. I'm more inclined to grab this upgrade than I am the PS4 Pro and I think I'll shift a lot of my third-party purchases to the Scorpio since it looks as though it may even outperform my PC.

Yep most definitely
One thing i will say for MS despite this little games drought of exclusive games for Xbox.
They have been at least keeping users busy with regular additions to 360 BC and improvements to the Dash.
That's the unfortunate thing. The XB1 is probably the better console at the moment but the lack of games is really holding it back from being widely seen as such. The success of Scorpio will depend on what exclusives it can deliver and Microsoft really need to step up their game. Can't just rely new iterations of Halo/Forza/Gears anymore.

Well its a mid gen upgrade like the PS4 Pro.
Just it's more powerful.

Makes sense for MS given the argument of naysayers was that XB1 was graphically weak.
It needed to be out last year, it's just got no appeal. All xbox games come to pc where they will be all significant better than the scorpion. A $600-700 console which will only last 3 years is just dumb.

It needed to be out last year, it's just got no appeal. All xbox games come to pc where they will be all significant better than the scorpion. A $600-700 console which will only last 3 years is just dumb.
Most console gamers don't have a high end gaming PC.

I think you are in minority with this view tbh

All this new mid-console thing is doing is pushing me towards PC gaming, the main bonus of console gaming used to be not having to upgrade for 6 years.
Exactly this mid generation console boost which don't bring a major performance boost nor any exclusive content are the dumbest ideas, it's why the Pro is do poorly and why the Scorpion will do worse.

All this new mid-console thing is doing is pushing me towards PC gaming, the main bonus of console gaming used to be not having to upgrade for 6 years.
TBF I think the idea is you don't have to upgrade to play the games, like on PC an upgrade is optional for those that want it. Games will still work on the std console.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that many people game on PC these days.
Everyone i know of games on consoles.
It costs to much and is to much mucking around to get these games running at high settings.

I think there is a market for it.
Not saying it's all of a sudden going to beat PS4 in sales (that isn't happening)
It will be a good addition to the Xbox family who want a more premium product.

That's the unfortunate thing. The XB1 is probably the better console at the moment but the lack of games is really holding it back from being widely seen as such. The success of Scorpio will depend on what exclusives it can deliver and Microsoft really need to step up their game. Can't just rely new iterations of Halo/Forza/Gears anymore.

It's funny as people view XB1 as having no games.
It has all the big third party releases that PS4 has.
Hopefully developers will take advantage of the Scorpio for these games.
Scorpio looking at the specs should now run multiplats the best.
As for 1P titles i'm sure MS isn't going to go into E3 empty handed.

PC gaming has never been this large, dedicated console sales have declined every year since 2007, down about 120% since 2008. 2015 and 2016 together sold less than 2008 by around 20 million.

$1,000 PC would out perform the ps4pro and scorpion with ease. With none of the console anti consumer bullshit to deal with. This idea that pc's need alot of messing around to achieve high permanence is a myth 99% of games run better right out of the box, anything messing around with performance mods and code is just a luxury pc's have if you want.

PC gaming has never been this large, dedicated console sales have declined every year since 2007, down about 120% since 2008. 2015 and 2016 together sold less than 2008 by around 20 million.

$1,000 PC would out perform the ps4pro and scorpion with ease. With none of the console anti consumer bullshit to deal with. This idea that pc's need alot of messing around to achieve high permanence is a myth 99% of games run better right out of the box, anything messing around with performance mods and code is just a luxury pc's have if you want.
Is that $1000 including the OS and a controller?
What about a $600-700 system including controller and OS, would that beat a ps4pro ir Scorpio?

Scorpio. If you're going to have a go at someone for being uninformed at least get the name of the console right.

Scorpio will be a tough sell when your 1st party games get released on PC as well. I'm sure they had good intentions but MS ****** up with that move.
There's also the distinct possibility that they're trying to force that anyway. If they get Sony into an arms race with iterative consoles and push people towards PC in the process that's a win for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back