XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the distinct possibility that they're trying to force that anyway. If they get Sony into an arms race with iterative consoles and push people towards PC in the process that's a win for them.
It's a win for all soon as dedicated consoles are dead the better. Imagine if all R&D was spent on new ip development or studio expansions.

It's a win for all soon as dedicated consoles are dead the better. Imagine if all R&D was spent on new ip development or studio expansions.
Imagine if Sony and MS didn't have skin in the game, they wouldn't be making the games

Imagine if Sony and MS didn't have skin in the game, they wouldn't be making the games
Not true at all, software publishers make the most money. Look at the most profitable gaming companies, theyre not hardware developers. Activision made more money than all xbox,playstation and Nintendo divisions together last year by quite a margin.

Last edited:

Not true at all, software publishers make the most money. Look at the most profitable gaming companies, theyre not hardware developers. Activision made more money than all xbox,playstation and Nintendo divisions together last year by quite a margin.
But would Sony and MS keep their game divisions without the hardware?

But would Sony and MS keep their game divisions without the hardware?
Yes, Sony need their gaming division to even think about turning a profit as a company, and Microsoft are using there's to leverage Windows. We're seeing with PSNow and Microsoft new Netflix of gaming the signs of both companies preparing for a world without dedicated consoles.

Yeah but not every one can spend over $1,000 or more on a gaming rig. A top line of video card will set you back $500-$600 on its own then you need you need to spend another $300-$400 on a CPU.

Kudos for Black Ops 2 backwards compatible, much love Xbox.

Play it, post your thoughts in the LIS thread... pls.
I'll play it, not immediately, I'll finish sniper elite first, probably play LIS before mass effect, otherwise I'll never play it haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a former PC gamer, so unlike most here I've been on both sides of the fence, right now for me, console gaming is just much more convenient for lifestyle, economical, and carefree. The idea that it is superior to the other is laughable, but also the idea that console gaming is superior isn't much better. I would give a slight edge to the console but acknowledge that PC has a lot of exclusive attractions to it, if you care for such things.

Does anyone have any ideas for family games that are pretty simple that provide local multiplayer? Been slowly and reluctantly introducing my daughter to games but she seems to always want to play goat simulator which is painful.

The best we've found so far is Knight Squad. The Rayman games are also ok but a bit tricky for her.

Where have all the decent non Mario Kart kart racing games gone? Would kill for a new Sonic and Sega racing game for this purpose

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any ideas for family games that are pretty simple that provide local multiplayer? Been slowly and reluctantly introducing my daughter to games but she seems to always want to play goat simulator which is painful.

The best we've found so far is Knight Squad. The Rayman games are also ok but a bit tricky for her.

Where have all the decent non Mario Kart kart racing games gone? Would kill for a new Sonic and Sega racing game for this purpose

Any Lego games are good too, as the mechanics don't change and once she figures out what an item does, she'll know for future

How old is she?

Any Lego games are good too, as the mechanics don't change and once she figures out what an item does, she'll know for future

How old is she?
Almost 6. Yeah we tried playing Lego Jurassic Park together. But then we both (myself included) got stuck at the trex bit and moved on

Almost 6. Yeah we tried playing Lego Jurassic Park together. But then we both (myself included) got stuck at the trex bit and moved on

Try Lego Marvel super heroes. Much easier than Jurassic

Burnout Paradise via BC is arcadey and she may find it easier to drive around and smash into stuff too

So how do i go about buying Xbox One digital games from other regions? can i just my paypal?

I wanna buy Marvel Lego Avengers for $16 on the Canadian store
I usually just get digital gift cards from Amazon or the Microsoft store and then just top up the account from those codes. Some regions are harder than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back