XBX Xbox Series X/S - November 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep.

PS4 was $549 at launch and costs USD$70 less to make, so it won't surprise if the PS5 is something like $650 at launch. And given the Series X will apparently be more powerful, it could well be $700+

Maybe, however it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft sacrifice money to win the next generation (they aren't short a dollar), with it looking likely to be the more powerful console, if they can have it around say $50 more of what the PS5 will cost, it may sway people in the xbox direction. They also have the advantage of PC gamers who can get game pass, and Microsoft consider them part of the xbox family. A good release deal, would be something like Purchase the Xbox series x with Halo infinite + 3 months of game pass ultimate, where straight out of the box you'd have access to heaps of titles, because there's always been that dilemma with new consoles on "what the hell do I play". That's assuming xbox series x will be able to play the games in the game pass library which we don't know, but a cool idea I think anyway, would give them a leg up over the PS5.

Watched through the Digital Foundry video again and re-read some stuff, Microsoft are in a really good place going forward and are putting the gamer first. This machine will be easily the biggest generational leap forward we've seen and some of the future proofing is really fantastic. Both the PS4 and XB1 lacked this just so they could build to a budget cost and neither the Pro or One X really addressed any of the issues besides a little more grunt. Game Pass is going to be a massive deal going forward if it's not apparent right away. This Series X will definitely come at a premium, but to those who are a bit hesitant about dropping $750+ on a console, how long have you had your current one? That's a one off purchase for your hobby that is going to last you for the next 4-7 years.

There should be a cheaper version announced in the future I imagine, but they're probably going to drive the hype on this beast for as long as they can first.

As Richard explained in the DF video I posted, it's not important to get hung up on the teraflop stuff. Microsoft previously ignored it because Sony had their measure, but now they're driving it again because they know they're on top this time. The Series X is being touted as 12 teraflops, but Navi is more efficient so even 10 teraflops would be more than twice as powerful as the 6 teraflop One X. The PS5 is rumoured to be around the 9-10 teraflop mark so it's already more than twice as powerful than the PS4 Pro. These are going to be two powerful consoles at launch regardless of whichever way you go, but I can't get past Game Pass right now. That's the winner for me.

Maybe, however it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft sacrifice money to win the next generation (they aren't short a dollar), with it looking likely to be the more powerful console, if they can have it around say $50 more of what the PS5 will cost, it may sway people in the xbox direction. They also have the advantage of PC gamers who can get game pass, and Microsoft consider them part of the xbox family. A good release deal, would be something like Purchase the Xbox series x with Halo infinite + 3 months of game pass ultimate, where straight out of the box you'd have access to heaps of titles, because there's always been that dilemma with new consoles on "what the hell do I play". That's assuming xbox series x will be able to play the games in the game pass library which we don't know, but a cool idea I think anyway, would give them a leg up over the PS5.
I don't think ms would give the license to infinite day 1 in a console bundle, on top of gamepass. More likely to see 6-12 month gamepass.

I think they might even actually step away from the gold+gamepass model and combine the 2 into one subscription.

I don't think ms would give the license to infinite day 1 in a console bundle, on top of gamepass. More likely to see 6-12 month gamepass.

I think they might even actually step away from the gold+gamepass model and combine the 2 into one subscription.

Infinite will be in Gamepass. Gamepass is the ultimate leveller.

Infinite will be in Gamepass. Gamepass is the ultimate leveller.
Yeah I know. That post made it seem like you would include Infinite as a bundled title on top of a game pass trial. As in even when your game pass subscription ends youd still be able to play it. Theyd want to promote GP as much as they can as its a real point of difference so they would require some exclusivity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched through the Digital Foundry video again and re-read some stuff, Microsoft are in a really good place going forward and are putting the gamer first. This machine will be easily the biggest generational leap forward we've seen and some of the future proofing is really fantastic. Both the PS4 and XB1 lacked this just so they could build to a budget cost and neither the Pro or One X really addressed any of the issues besides a little more grunt. Game Pass is going to be a massive deal going forward if it's not apparent right away. This Series X will definitely come at a premium, but to those who are a bit hesitant about dropping $750+ on a console, how long have you had your current one? That's a one off purchase for your hobby that is going to last you for the next 4-7 years.

There should be a cheaper version announced in the future I imagine, but they're probably going to drive the hype on this beast for as long as they can first.

As Richard explained in the DF video I posted, it's not important to get hung up on the teraflop stuff. Microsoft previously ignored it because Sony had their measure, but now they're driving it again because they know they're on top this time. The Series X is being touted as 12 teraflops, but Navi is more efficient so even 10 teraflops would be more than twice as powerful as the 6 teraflop One X. The PS5 is rumoured to be around the 9-10 teraflop mark so it's already more than twice as powerful than the PS4 Pro. These are going to be two powerful consoles at launch regardless of whichever way you go, but I can't get past Game Pass right now. That's the winner for me.

Yeah I don't think we will see much difference between the Xbox and PS5 in terms of grunt it's just a matter of which brand the cosumer values.

Take it with a grain of salt but there's a potential price leak on the Lockhart model, lower-powered Series S. I'll link an article below, but it's being reported at $300usd, with no optical drive.

Take it with a grain of salt but there's a potential price leak on the Lockhart model, lower-powered Series S. I'll link an article below, but it's being reported at $300usd, with no optical drive.

Going by that price reckon about $550 AUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back