XBX Xbox Series X/S - November 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keen for State of Decay 3. First two were almost there but were just missing something. Surely they get it right the third time.
Thought the first was really good. The driving around the map towards the end was annoying though. Couldn't get into the second one. I thought they over complicated the whole base building aspect.

phil-rocket-launcher.jpg

So nice you gotta post it twice.

This is why I love Game Pass. I'd happily pay double, even triple, for it as it would still be the greatest value in gaming there is.

Yep, I bought an Xbox because of it and in 12 months paid for the Xbox in what I would have spent on software on other systems.

I wonder if it will ever turn a profit though or if MS is running the long game and will eventually charge extra for their first party games. Maybe $20 with game pass.

Yep, I bought an Xbox because of it and in 12 months paid for the Xbox in what I would have spent on software on other systems.

I wonder if it will ever turn a profit though or if MS is running the long game and will eventually charge extra for their first party games. Maybe $20 with game pass.

Sometimes Game Pass feels like stealing. I've read conflicting reports that on one hand it is currently unprofitable for Microsoft, but some developers have made more from it than they would have from just sales. I also have Origin Premier for the odd EA new release and the vault is pretty decent. I'll probably get a Ubi sub for Watch Dogs and Valhalla too. I've got the ultimate or whatever it is for $15 but I don't even use my Xbox anymore. I would happily pay $20 a month for it. It would be cheaper if I just got it for PC but because of the value I haven't actually thought about changing it yet. I typically get every console so I don't miss out on stuff, but I don't feel the need to get the next Xbox. It also doesn't feel like Xbox vs PC either as they've been brought into the same Windows ecosystem. I can get all of the AAA and most, if not all, smaller first party games on PC and I'm constantly finding games I missed in the library. PS is starting to feel a little isolated to me but I'll still get one as I do think (and it's subjective) they have the stronger first party titles. Sony will have to offer something though, there is only so long they can rely on a handful of studios to carry their brand.

Well I've been out of the gaming loop for ages, last serious games was xbox360 and WoW:TBC. It's been nearly 10 year and after catching up, reading and watching these videos. I checked out this xbox game pass just now, yup microsoft wins for me. Will be getting a XSX and play banjo kazoo :p

I build a decent CAD PC for uni 2 years ago but its only running a 1060 6gb so to upgrade to a similar spec with 4k ill need to spend $2000+ for a minitor, GPU and CPU where i can already use my 75" QLED 4k with a console.

Game pass catches me up with previous genetation games that I have been out of the loop of, I stopped at Halo 3 so I would like to continue that story.

Sometimes Game Pass feels like stealing. I've read conflicting reports that on one hand it is currently unprofitable for Microsoft, but some developers have made more from it than they would have from just sales. I also have Origin Premier for the odd EA new release and the vault is pretty decent. I'll probably get a Ubi sub for Watch Dogs and Valhalla too. I've got the ultimate or whatever it is for $15 but I don't even use my Xbox anymore. I would happily pay $20 a month for it. It would be cheaper if I just got it for PC but because of the value I haven't actually thought about changing it yet. I typically get every console so I don't miss out on stuff, but I don't feel the need to get the next Xbox. It also doesn't feel like Xbox vs PC either as they've been brought into the same Windows ecosystem. I can get all of the AAA and most, if not all, smaller first party games on PC and I'm constantly finding games I missed in the library. PS is starting to feel a little isolated to me but I'll still get one as I do think (and it's subjective) they have the stronger first party titles. Sony will have to offer something though, there is only so long they can rely on a handful of studios to carry their brand.
Cross play could be huge if Microsoft can pull it off. It works for their in house games but I never find myself playing many of them. If they could link up saves on all the third party titles on gamepass between Xbox & PC, as well as other 3rd parties like Cyberpunk etc It would be amazing to have that flexibility. Probably only a few that it would benefit but I'd buy all my 3rd parties on Xbox if the licenses were cross platform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people are starting to catch on. This guy makes some great points; The big three companies are all doing things differently and can all succeed without the other ones failing. The console wars are over.

I think series X will be the last console we see from MS after that Gamepass will become a streaming service like Netflix

Could release Game Pass app for smart TV's or release a device that you connect via hdmi

If that’s the case then I hope the internet in Australia is 100x better than it currently is, because there’s no way I’d be going down that path with our shambolic NBN, imagine trying to play streamed games here in Aus.

xCloud will inevitably become a TV app at some point. If the technology holds up - which admittedly could be an issue for Australia - then you'll just be able to stream Xbox games on any device with an app store. That could easily end up on PS5 - even if a GamePass that allows you to download PS5 games directly is unlikely.

Last edited:

I don't think its super profitable in the sense of profit= # of subs* individual price - ( 3rd party licensing fees + 1st party opportunity costs).
But that may not take into account market share capitalisation, goodwill, DLC purchases increases,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back