XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gamepass related, but recently started playing the Splinter Cell games, they hold up quite well, played all of them around the time of their release except for Chaos Theory which I'm playing now, really enjoying it.

I hope they make a new Splinter Cell game, would look and play incredible on the series x/PS5.
Perfect dark is being made as a new spy game I think
An Hitman studies are making a new James Bond

I hear good things. What are your thoughts?
I only gave it a 2 minute test run in FH4. Sounded nice but that was just some engine revving and music. I'll give it a proper run tonight and report back.

Build wise it feels good. It looks really good. I love the spinny dials for volume and voice/game sound ratio control. And coming from a p4/5 main, the boom mic is going to be much better for communication. My only complaint would be the length of the charging cable they provide. Far too short.

Overall Microsoft are doing a very good job at prying me away from Sony. Slowly, but it's happening.

Does anyone know if you can designate which games have quick resume?

I think it's the most recent 2? But say if I am playing Red Dead for 70% of the time and the other 30% of the time I switch between other games, it'd be nice to have RDR2 always set to quick resume.

Isnt quick resume stored within the console itself? meaning its included in the non-usable internal storage space.
No clue. I just know it's a great feature.

On another note I think I've asked this before outside of muting my TV is there a way to tell the xbox that when I'm using a headset the sound from the TV is not required?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No clue. I just know it's a great feature.

On another note I think I've asked this before outside of muting my TV is there a way to tell the xbox that when I'm using a headset the sound from the TV is not required?

This is a (small) pain. My amp remote is ****ed so when I plug my headset in I have to get up to turn the amp down.

One Ps4 thing I guess I took for granted.

I've got the exact same issue, seems baffling that it wouldn't auto-mute the TV. That's the point of headsets!

Other than that, the headsets are great. They have the opposite of the PS5 Headsets (and what the Gold's used to have) in that the cushioning really blocks out external sound really well. They also sit very nicely and lightly on the head. It's also nice not to need a dongle to connect it. Although the extremely short charging cable is a bit useless.

EB have (maybe had by the time of this post?) series X consoles in stock in store and online for the first time since launch. Seen a couple posts on social media where people have contacted stores and apparently they're expecting shipments every week now.

Yep, saw their post on Facebook and jumped on. Only one store in WA had any stock when I checked, and it was a bit out of the way for me, so I went with express post. ETA this Friday.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and it's not like the launch debacle.

Yep, saw their post on Facebook and jumped on. Only one store in WA had any stock when I checked, and it was a bit out of the way for me, so I went with express post. ETA this Friday.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and it's not like the launch debacle.

I had one in my cart, got to payment confirmation then asked myself if I really need it at the moment lol. I'll get one eventually but with game pass on PC I'm not in a rush. I kept refreshing the page with my local store active for the next 10 minutes and it kept saying in stock. Now it's lunch time and it's saying out of stock. Might grab one in the next few weeks if they keep popping up.

I had one in my cart, got to payment confirmation then asked myself if I really need it at the moment lol. I'll get one eventually but with game pass on PC I'm not in a rush. I kept refreshing the page with my local store active for the next 10 minutes and it kept saying in stock. Now it's lunch time and it's saying out of stock. Might grab one in the next few weeks if they keep popping up.

They're now in-store only and none in WA, so I'm glad I bit the bullet. I hesitated when stock was last available on the MS store and missed out.

I don't have Game Pass, but I reckon now will be a good time to jump in.

Keen to play Valhalla on the Series X. Got it for Christmas and I'm not very far into it.

They're now in-store only and none in WA, so I'm glad I bit the bullet. I hesitated when stock was last available on the MS store and missed out.

I don't have Game Pass, but I reckon now will be a good time to jump in.

Keen to play Valhalla on the Series X. Got it for Christmas and I'm not very far into it.

Get it immediately and never look back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back