XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
do any of you have both the ps5 and xbx? and what are your overall impressions of each console across various aspects — dashboard ease of use, lag in menus, overheating, controllers, various apps available on one not the other, load times of games, storage issues, cost of online subscription, any framerate issues in game, better graphics etc.

basically ignoring first party games as a topic, which console do you think is better.

I'll be able to answer that on Thursday.

From what I've experienced of the XSX it's an impressive machine. But more an evolution of the One X - in that everything seems similar but better.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll be able to answer that on Thursday.

From what I've experienced of the XSX it's an impressive machine. But more an evolution of the One X - in that everything seems similar but better.

Reason why I switched to PS5 this generation

whilst series X is a more powerful machine the ps5 to me feels like a next gen console from the dual sense controller to the UI and look etc

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
i posted what he said about the controller just before i started getting attacked

I'm yet to to come across a single review from any of the big sites where they have anything negative to say about the Dualsense

Kinda odd

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm yet to to come across a single review from any of the big sites where they have anything negative to say about the Dualsense

Kinda odd
that dude could be unlucky.... controller that came with the console AND one he bought, both have the exact same problem.

big reviewers might not wanna say anything negative... like movie reviewers who wanna stay good with big studios

so itll be more valid when all you guys get your ps5s and report what you find

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
that dude could be unlucky.... controller that came with the console AND one he bought, both have the exact same problem.

big reviewers might not wanna say anything negative... like movie reviewers who wanna stay good with big studios

so itll be more valid when all you guys get your ps5s and report what you find

Doubt it. IGN is still calling out Nintendo for not addressing Joy Con drift on the Switch

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
will have to wait for everyday people here to get their consoles.... if theres a spate of people noticing the same thing, then we can say for sure

Plenty of of YouTubers have got PS5s early and no one has said anything

They would lose their credibility if they weren't reporting controller faults

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Reason why I switched to PS5 this generation

whilst series X is a more powerful machine the ps5 to me feels like a next gen console from the dual sense controller to the UI and look etc
I agree with this sentiment but isn't PC upgrades just an evolution of previous hardware also?
Seems like Xbox is a tradition style PC gaming console while PS5 tries with catchwords like dual shock.

Other than size and looks of the PS5, only negative I've seen was battery life of the controller was ordinary but that was one reviewer. All others have been positive.

But I also don't trust any pre release reviewers, you always hear of a reviewer getting black listed and not receiving anymore product because they s**t canned a companies product.

Last edited:

Rowdoss

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2011
SurfCoast
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Mavs Liverpool
Has anyone else been experiencing SHOCKING download speeds since early evening yesterday?
gone from +50mbps constantly throughout the day yesterday but since about 6-7pm last night barely cracking 3-5mbps.
(Have done the usual reset router / restart console etc..)

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
Has anyone else been experiencing SHOCKING download speeds since early evening yesterday?
gone from +50mbps constantly throughout the day yesterday but since about 6-7pm last night barely cracking 3-5mbps.

Thankfully Assassins Creed got past the point you could start playing before that hit me. 3 odd hours of playing later and it had only done another 30% and was going at 1Mb/s.

So some quick points. The system is amazing, and I'm very happy. The dashboard feels quicker, and the games boot quickly. Dirt 5 is gorgeous to look at and this is just the beginning. The controller feels so good now, the texture really helps.
20201110_133329.jpg

Do you have a game open? I was downloading at a constant 100Mbps until I opened a game then it slows down to a crawl.

Rowdoss

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2011
SurfCoast
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Mavs Liverpool
Thankfully Assassins Creed got past the point you could start playing before that hit me. 3 odd hours of playing later and it had only done another 30% and was going at 1Mb/s.

yeah I was lucky to get Valhalla and Watch dogs fully upgraded before it struck. Stuck doing the massive 100gb NBA2k one. It’s literally dipping as low as 400kbps!! Frustrating!

Do you have a game open? I was downloading at a constant 100Mbps until I opened a game then it slows down to a crawl.
I had read this as a possible reason. I don’t think I have a game open in the background. I only have 3 installed and I don’t see a close game option or anything when I Press the option button. 🤷🏻

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
All set up, it’s looks fantastic upright next to my TV. Didn’t get a chance to play Valhalla, it installed overnight. Everything is so slick and quick, and the subtle changes to the controller are very good, feels very nice in your hands.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
So some quick points. The system is amazing, and I'm very happy. The dashboard feels quicker, and the games boot quickly. Dirt 5 is gorgeous to look at and this is just the beginning. The controller feels so good now, the texture really helps.View attachment 1008417

The startup sound is very dreamy.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
So some quick points. The system is amazing, and I'm very happy. The dashboard feels quicker, and the games boot quickly. Dirt 5 is gorgeous to look at and this is just the beginning. The controller feels so good now, the texture really helps.View attachment 1008417

Can't believe you are wasting your time with an XSX when you've got a Dreamcast just sitting there.

Back