XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

In stock

Cheers, managed to get one after a lot of refreshing through the whole process.

Cbf waiting for Graphics Cards to drop in price so back to console gaming I go.

Next purchase, gamepass and you're set :)

Bounced off Halo Infinite. The boss in that first tower wrecks me every time, two or three hits and I’m dead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Other than playing physical discs, is it worth the extra $250?
I watch a lot of Digital Foundry videos which detail the technical analysis of a lot of games across every console.

The S is certainly very good for its price, but there are nearly always compromises, that being 30fps instead of 60.
Or a spotty 720-1080p instead of 1440-4k.
A few other little things they pick up on which, while not game breaking, can dampen an experience.

The other big issue is without a disc drive you're at the mercy of Microsoft online store pricing which will always be more expensive than physical.

X vs S.

(assuming both available at the same time)
This question is more to do with you. I've got both the Series X and Series S.
Series S is a much better travel companion. I travel a lot for work and it's light and compact enough to come with me when I'm away from home.
Series X is the home base console. I don't really play to much of it lately. When looking back for me personally Xbox series S would of been more suited to my needs and I'd probably wouldn't of purchased the Series X. Is just that I purchased that on launch date. Having both consoles is a bit unessassary.

Both are great though individually. The Series S is surprising has got really good graphics and can bearly tell the difference. Both can do 60FPS/60hz up to 120FPS/ 120hz. Both have quick resume. Above post saying series S doing 30fps is incorrect. Do the research and google it. They both identical in that regard. Series S does the exact same FPS as the Series X aswell the Series S can upscale to 4K aswell. It isn't locked to 1080 only. It's up to you're TV. Not sure where that info is coming from mentioned above. In saying that Series X is true native 4K so obviously looks better when both up close. But for me it's actually not much of a difference.

It's just up to you on how you see Disc gaming and the upgrade on graphics for series X. If you looking for a home based console to go with you're 4K TV and won't be moving it around the Series X is probally the go too. If you plan on moving it around and want something light and compact on you're travels aswell the Series S is the go too and if you don't care about disc gaming.

I bought this case off eBay. Recommend getting one of these too if you go Series S.
Keeps everything organised. I love it.
e77919e1cccd3ccb2bb564d324e07af0.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Above post saying series S doing 30fps is incorrect
Apologies if my post came across as disingenuous, I should have said select games.

Eg.
Screenshot_2022-02-15-07-19-32-911_com.android.chrome.jpg

And unless there's been patches Biomutant, AC Valhalla, Outer Worlds and others also run at 30fps.
It isn't locked to 1080 only. It's up to you're TV. Not sure where that info is coming from mentioned above.
I didn't say locked, but that it's often a trade-off, games like Control output at 900p upscaled to 1080p while XSX is at 1440p upscaled to 4k.
While Valhalla drops as low as 720p just so it can get to 60fps.

This is not uncommon, my point was that just about every game has a trade off to the XSX, be it lower resolution, lower framerate, lower graphic fidelity or increased framerate stuttering.

All that isn't to say it's bad in anyway, it's just not as good at XSX (obviously) and if those compromises are acceptable for someone the S is an insanely well valued product.

X vs S.

(assuming both available at the same time)

I bought one last week basically as a game pass machine and no complaints so far. Load times still seem quick which is the main thing for me.

Lucky enough to have a PS5 as well so I can just play 3rd party titles on that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have a voucher for one month free of gamepass. If anyone wants it pm me and I will give you the code for it.

I got it with my Xbox but I already had gamepass. Is only valid for new Xbox game pass subscribers.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Recommendations for headphones for XBOX Series X would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for a decent sound, currently have the Rig ones that were around 60 bucks at EB. Budget probably up to $350?

Recommendations for headphones for XBOX Series X would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for a decent sound, currently have the Rig ones that were around 60 bucks at EB. Budget probably up to $350?
I'm no audiophile but the xbox wireless ones are top notch for what I use them for. Comfortable, good sound, never had anyone complain about mic sound either.

I have literally zero complaints after a year or so of using them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back