XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
No one else played the medium yet? I’m loving it, missed these type of games and it’s a great one for Microsoft to have as an exclusive.
Yeah I'm playing it. It's different and has a interesting story. Looks good. I'm enjoying it but only downfall is it's a bit of a grind type game. I wouldn't say it's a scary game though. Creepy yes but haven't had any jump scares and I'm half way through it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm a few hours into Medium and quite enjoying it. I love the psychological horror genre but have always been a massive wuss when it comes to playing horror games so I decided to force my way through this one. Not as bad as I was expecting. Definitely creeping. Had the one jump scare early'ish (won't say where obviously but for those who have played it you know when you get the knife) but I'm liking the overall vibe. I wish it were a little more interactive with the items and stuff though as everything is pretty obvious with what to do.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm a few hours into Medium and quite enjoying it. I love the psychological horror genre but have always been a massive wuss when it comes to playing horror games so I decided to force my way through this one. Not as bad as I was expecting. Definitely creeping. Had the one jump scare early'ish (won't say where obviously but for those who have played it you know when you get the knife) but I'm liking the overall vibe. I wish it were a little more interactive with the items and stuff though as everything is pretty obvious with what to do.

Looks great. I’m a wuss so it might be a YouTube play through watch for me. Just like the new Resident Evil game lol

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks great. I’m a wuss so it might be a YouTube play through watch for me. Just like the new Resident Evil game lol

I was going to force myself through the new RE but I thought I'd at least youtube the demo first. NOPE lol. Medium is really good so far though, not as bad as I had thought it would be.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Before receiving the XSX I remember people mentioned storage issues.

Having the console for 3 weeks now I have over 20 games installed and still plenty of GB left.

From fallen order, control and medium and small indie games like ori with a couple of 360 games like banjo.

If I need space I'll delete games I don't play to make room but currently the storage in the XSX is more than enough.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Completed fallen order today, I must say I really enjoyed it. The end was intense!

I didn't want to play any other game while still playing fallen order. No idea what game next.... I tried sea of thiefs, I want to love it but got bored early on.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Completed fallen order today, I must say I really enjoyed it. The end was intense!

I didn't want to play any other game while still playing fallen order. No idea what game next.... I tried sea of thiefs, I want to love it but got bored early on.

SOT is amazing but you definitely need to play with at least a couple friends.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Have you played Control?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tried medium for 45min, that pace of game just doesn't do it for me.
Gave destiny 2 a shot, really like the graphics and game play but no idea what I'm doing in the story line.
SOT is amazing but you definitely need to play with at least a couple friends.
Unfortunately I have no friends online I really like the graphics of SOT so I want to love it.

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Have you played Control?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just finished control. I didnt LOVE it as much as I thought. I had 2 main issues:
  • I found the old house just boring with no visual variety. Just drab endless hallways
  • I wasnt a huge fan of the "mysterious" nature of the mainline. It was almost like it was "stingy" with story progression and kinda put me off with the entire narrative entirely. I dont mind complex stories but i shouldnt have to look at collectables to figure out what the hell is going on.
I know Quantum Break had worse reviews than control but i had a better time with than this. QB had varied environments from the university to city outskirts to company's building and I could at least follow the story.

It was still worth playing ofc coz the combat was pretty nice.

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Tried medium for 45min, that pace of game just doesn't do it for me.
Gave destiny 2 a shot, really like the graphics and game play but no idea what I'm doing in the story line. Unfortunately I have no friends online I really like the graphics of SOT so I want to love it.
Assuming you've tried ori, Halo MCC and Gears 5?
For some Series X enhanced titles:

Call of the Sea- puzzle-adventure game
The Falconeer- flying action game where you control giant falcons

Others:
A Plague Tale- action stealth with a wonderful story
What Remains of Edith Finch- emotional tale about a girl that finds out how her family dies. Its only about 2 or so hours long but has a total top tier gameplay mechanic (dont wont to spoil!!) so must play
Titanfall 2- one of the best fps experiences around

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
My Xbox One controller rechargeable battery is on the way out. I can't justify buying an Elite controller - but I am thinking of an upgrade to the Xbox Series X controller. Reviews online are a bit all over the shop as to whether the XSX controller is an improvement over the XBO controller.

Any thoughts from those who have had both? I mostly play PC.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My Xbox One controller rechargeable battery is on the way out. I can't justify buying an Elite controller - but I am thinking of an upgrade to the Xbox Series X controller. Reviews online are a bit all over the shop as to whether the XSX controller is an improvement over the XBO controller.

I’ve got an Elite so I’ve hardly used the Series X controller. Just seems silly to buy a last gen controller.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I'm still sitting on an X Series X to scalp

It's hard to gauge the best time

1k is a given but can I extract more 🤔

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Got 3PS5 to get rid of too

You're not missing much. I've returned 3 series x controllers thus far (stuck right trigger, b/y buttons etc). There's also a fiemware patch coming doon (hopefully) as the controller can lose sync and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot the console. I'm using the controller for pc and original xbo.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
You're not missing much. I've returned 3 series x controllers thus far (stuck right trigger, b/y buttons etc). There's also a fiemware patch coming doon (hopefully) as the controller can lose sync and the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot the console. I'm using the controller for pc and original xbo.

Funny thing is next gen provides nothing, but I can sell 25 consoles for profit.

People are strange

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Finished control the other day, enjoyed the game play. I felt the story was weird, lacking something but can't put a finger on it.

Not sure what to try next, too many options on gamepass.

Back