XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Already an unboxing despite it not coming out for a month (warning - guy is a fair bit of a wank)

Really glad there's something proper for a headset, I've been looking for some compatible headsets and the options are relatively thin. These look like they match the Sony ones for the most part. I do like the equaliser profile stuff they've got too.

Pricing is nice too at $150. Just need some retailers to update their sites and add them and I'll be grabbing a pair.

(warning - guy is a fair bit of a wank)
This generally goes without saying for 90% of youtubers.

Headset looks good. I'm a big fan of the boom mic (is that what its called?) that Sony for some reason seem afraid to put on their headsets.

Last edited:

Headset looks good. I'm a big fan of the boom mic (is that what its called?) that Sony for some reason seem afraid to put on their headsets.

I find it gets in the way of my drinking.

I bought the headset, as I wanted a wireless one for my lounge console. Worth a punt at least. I don't expect too much but it should be fine with Atmos.

I'm the opposite. Never use the mics so it sort of puts me off getting it. Not sure it tucks away that well and it might start sticking out over time. Too bad it's not removable.

Looking for advice. I've never owned an Xbox, have always had Playstations. Really tempted by the Xbox Series X but no idea when they will be generally available again. However, it seems pretty easy to get a Series S as most places have them in stock.

Is it worthwhile grabbing a Series S instead of an X, or am I better to wait? I do have a 4K TV so the 1440p resolution puts me off a bit, but maybe I wouldn't notice the upscaling to 4K that much. I don't really care about not having an optical drive as I would probably just use GamePass.

Thoughts?

Looking for advice. I've never owned an Xbox, have always had Playstations. Really tempted by the Xbox Series X but no idea when they will be generally available again. However, it seems pretty easy to get a Series S as most places have them in stock.

Is it worthwhile grabbing a Series S instead of an X, or am I better to wait? I do have a 4K TV so the 1440p resolution puts me off a bit, but maybe I wouldn't notice the upscaling to 4K that much. I don't really care about not having an optical drive as I would probably just use GamePass.

Thoughts?
If you don't intend for it to be your primary gaming device, you could get away with a Series S for console exclusives/GamePass only. Then you could later look at an upgrade mid-cycle. I would avoid it as a primary gaming console however due to lower storage capacity and not being able to play multi-plats in 4K native on your TV.

The series S is a weird one, not even as powerful as the xbox one x

It will outperform the One X, just not in 4k obviously. The One X has an awesome teraflop count but it's bottlenecked by the CPU.

The Series S is a great option if you're happy to play Gamepass games and the odd next gen game, without 4k. Plug in an external hdd for the last gen games and you're set.

Obviously the Series X is a better option for most people on here but the S will be fine for most people in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of the advice about, don't get a Series S if you have a PS 4 Pro - there's nowhere near enough of a performance difference to justify the lower spec newgen console in that situation
It's significantly better than old gen. An SSD is a huge quality of life improve and you will barely notice the difference between 1440p and 4K. I wouldn't be doing it if it meant getting rid of the pro though, only if it was an add on as there are more good exclusives still on Sony as far as i can see.

It's significantly better than old gen. An SSD is a huge quality of life improve and you will barely notice the difference between 1440p and 4K. I wouldn't be doing it if it meant getting rid of the pro though, only if it was an add on as there are more good exclusives still on Sony as far as i can see.
I wouldn't be getting rid of the PS 4 Pro. I'm more interested in getting access to Gamepass as well as covering all console gaming bases since I have a Switch as well. The XBox exclusive I'm most interested in is Flight Simulator when it releases on the Series X/S in March but I'm worried if I get the Series S it may not be up to the job.

Thoughts?
If you're still planning on getting a PS5 the series S would be a good companion console for gamepass/exclusives but if you're switching to Xbox this gen wait for the series X

On top of the advice about, don't get a Series S if you have a PS 4 Pro - there's nowhere near enough of a performance difference to justify the lower spec newgen console in that situation

buh buh buh

What about the abundance of amazing Microsoft exclusives from the XBone era you can't get on the Sony ecosystem

:nfltexans:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back