XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed up for alerts on Amazon.

Crickets.

lol

Amazon alerts are the most useful things since the New Orleans Pelicans appointed David Griffin as GM in 2019

You need to have the right Twitter notifications on

Last edited:

So I woke up at 5am for a predicted Target (USA) drop. Was really wanting a PS5 and it was a huge drop and I had one in cart but just could never check out... kept bugging.

Feeling disappointed, the XBox Series X then came up and there was less stock and I still had some bugs but after spamming "PLACE ORDER" it finally worked.

.... So, as someone who played 90% PS4 and 10% XBox One and was really gunning for a PS5... can you folks please convince me that I made the right decision?

I've been Ps my whole life. Switched to xbox this gen because Id have more mates to play with.

I've not played the ps5 but I'm absolutely rapt with my decision. Ultimate game pass is a legit gamechanger. I've only bought one game (NBA 2k) and I've played tons of hours. Of all different games I've never played before.

In summary - good decision.

So I woke up at 5am for a predicted Target (USA) drop. Was really wanting a PS5 and it was a huge drop and I had one in cart but just could never check out... kept bugging.

Feeling disappointed, the XBox Series X then came up and there was less stock and I still had some bugs but after spamming "PLACE ORDER" it finally worked.

.... So, as someone who played 90% PS4 and 10% XBox One and was really gunning for a PS5... can you folks please convince me that I made the right decision?

Congratulations. You bought the more powerful console owned by a bunch of people who are happy to throw cash around to get any developer. You did well. Now go get Gamepass 🤣

Thanks folks! Off to pick it up in a couple of hours.

I guess I was disappointed to now have Spiderman, since I just finished it on PS4 and loved it. Also just both Ghosts of Tsushima.

But I mean... I do still have the PS4 in case I want to play them, and also looking at game pass it's a huge list!

Thanks folks! Off to pick it up in a couple of hours.

I guess I was disappointed to now have Spiderman, since I just finished it on PS4 and loved it. Also just both Ghosts of Tsushima.

But I mean... I do still have the PS4 in case I want to play them, and also looking at game pass it's a huge list!

That’s it. Really you’re not missing out on a lot not having the next gen consoles at this stage in the game. The loading times and quick resume are elite though.

That’s it. Really you’re not missing out on a lot not having the next gen consoles at this stage in the game. The loading times and quick resume are elite though.

Any gorgeous looking game recommendations folks? Something to convince the fiance that I wasn't crazy to wake up at 5am for this drop?

+1 for Forza Horizon 4. Absolutely gorgeous.

I still play Forza 3 on the Xbox One, since you know... Straya. I see that it looks beautiful in 4K but unfortunately does not have 60 FPS. Apparently it's no longer being sold due to licensing rights which is a bummer.

I'll get onto 4 shortly though. I've been to Edinburgh and it's a beautiful city. Should be fun to drive around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xbox Live has been down all morning, of course I have an RDO today. PS5 it is then.

Forza Horizon 4 is great for just randomly picking up and playing. Plenty of things to do, plenty of achievements.

I don't like all of the story type activities but that is just me. 🤷‍♂️ Loading times are also really good on the series X.

Last edited:
You are correct about the eliteness, soon slow loading and s**t frame rate will be hated. The PS4 will need to be upgraded too for the bangers, the switch will get laughed at.

Was up playing until 5am.... loaded up a huge list of games to download and install. Man.... SO much better/easier than the PS4 interface. I was playing Wreckfest and during the (often long) waits between races because i am s**t and died early, I just browsed the store and yeah, super easy.

The only issue I have is that when my TV has HDR on it flickers black. Apparently common with Samsungs :( Same thing happened with the xbox one but but a 1080p console HDR wasnt as important.... but like now I want that HDR... Need to test out a few things, but luckily the TV is under warranty.

I must say that I spent most of my time this evening playing Wreckfest...
Yep I bought it ages ago when it was on sale. Since it’s been on Gamepass there’s been a heap of people playing it. Before that you would see familiar names all the time on the Aussie servers. I really like the handling model.

Forza Horizon 4 really does look amazing. Unfortunately my 70" Samsung 4k TV is having issues with HDR... basically if you turn it on the screen flickers to black frequently. Getting it fixed next week hopefully. The issue is with the TV, not the xbox, as the console works fine on my 55" 4tv with HDR upstairs...

So basically it'll look even better in a week!

Sounds like you're happy with the XSX even though it wasn't your first choice.

I think so. The interface is much much better (than the PS4 at least) and having so many free games at my disposal is awesome. Sure, some of the indie titles might only be like 10 bucks to buy but would you ever think to do so?

My only issue with the Xbox is that the disk drive only intermitantly works :( I've heard this is a common issue. Microsoft said it'd take 2 weeks to send it there and repair. Given I barely use the disk drive (only owned 3 Xbox One disks and trying to stay digital now) I'll wait until I go away or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back