XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone had any experience with getting a controller fixed? Dropped the controller yesterday and it looks like the left analog joystick is misaligned. Keeps scrolling to the right and I can't go left. Thinking of paying EB Games to fix it. It's the only controller I have, so I am a bit loath to open it up and try it myself, although it is now out of warranty so I have to pay for a repair regardless.

Big news rumoured for Xbox this weekend.

More awesome game pass inclusions?

There was a massive PS5 drop last week, though it's been a while since a Series X one. I've got my eye out for one next drop as I think I'm going to change teams. I think I read Press Start mention last week that it might be next week.

There was a massive PS5 drop last week, though it's been a while since a Series X one. I've got my eye out for one next drop as I think I'm going to change teams. I think I read Press Start mention last week that it might be next week.
Ubisoft on Gamepass?
I've seen 50+ back compatibility games upgrade with fps boost added to gamepass mentioned

May the 4th a starwars game rumoured.

What's your main reasoning for the switch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your main reasoning for the switch?

I've always balanced my gaming between PS for exclusives and PC for Game Pass/Microsoft stuff. But with the exception of a few like God of War I'm becomming less interested in Sony's exclusives while they seem to want to focus on their big blockbuster titles that I don't really care much for. It didn't seem that worthwhile previously to own an Xbox when I can already play everything through Game Pass on PC. As good as my PC setup is, sometimes I just want to kick back in the recliner and play console games on the TV and Game Pass is always adding stuff I want to play.

I've always balanced my gaming between PS for exclusives and PC for Game Pass/Microsoft stuff. But with the exception of a few like God of War I'm becomming less interested in Sony's exclusives while they seem to want to focus on their big blockbuster titles that I don't really care much for. It didn't seem that worthwhile previously to own an Xbox when I can already play everything through Game Pass on PC. As good as my PC setup is, sometimes I just want to kick back in the recliner and play console games on the TV and Game Pass is always adding stuff I want to play.
All fair points.

I am in a similar position but for different reasons.

Was set on the PS5 simply based on the success of the last generation. However Microsoft/Xbox appear to be doing a great job at clawing back and "catching up" by making the right moves.

I won't be a big "blockbuster game" player - pretty casual focusing on multi-plat sports games, GTA and some indie titles.

I have gone from asking myself a "PS5 digital vs Series S" question, now to a "Series X vs a PS5 digital" question.

Xbox had its best Q1 earnings ever so looks like Gamepass is doing pretty well. Pretty decent considering you still can’t buy a Series X.

Speaking of Gamepass. A couple mates and I downloaded Battlefront II for shits and gigs. I mean Battlefield x Starwars so why not. Turns out it’s pretty damn fun. A nice break for the seriousness of D2.

I also wanted to try an F1 game so I downloaded F1 2019 and I’ve found myself playing that a lot more than I expected. I’ll probably end up buying 2021 when it comes out in a couple months.

Just shows how good Gamepass actually is. It’s so easy just to try something you’re not sure about.

76 games enhanced/boosted for XSX announced.

I need to buy an external HD, any recommendations what suits Xbox the best?
I bought the 1Tb SSD card. It was expensive but I’m glad I got it.

(You probably know this) Remember if you buy an external HD you can’t directly play Series X games off of it. You’ll need to transfer to your internal.

The full list...

Alien Isolation
Anthem
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered
Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection
Assassin’s Creed Unity
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Battlefield Hardline
Beholder
Dead Island Definitive Edition
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition