XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Do old games have to be on the internal drive to benefit from auto HDR/FPS boost?
Nah. Its not "enhancements" exactly. I think you'll still need to be on the ssd for load time improvements.

Dishonoured DE loading times are so quick you can press a to progress before you have time to even read the loading screen hints.

There is apparently going to be a small Series X drop this week, but sounds like walk ins only. I'm going to have to wait until I can nab one online.
Here's hoping we get some updates/heads up before they drop. Very keen. I wonder if places will take a deposit via phone for later pick up. I work 40 mins away from the nearest BigW or JB etc.

Last edited:
This is going to sound like a dumb question.
I want to buy a hard drive.

So can I use any portable hard drive.
Do the games run straight off them or does it need to be installed on the Xbox first to play them.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

So can I use any portable hard drive.
Do the games run straight off them or does it need to be installed on the Xbox first to play them.

Series X games will need to be transferred from your external to the internal to play. Last gen you can play off the external.

You can play them off of the Xbox Seagate SSD card though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Series X is in stock at the MS store. Took me about 30 mins of trying but I finally got one.:)

Lucky. I've been refreshing for hours since I read they were stocking it and no luck lol. About 15 minutes ago the button went green but the configuration page said out of stock. I'll keep trying.

Pretty sure I just got a Series X through Microsoft store. Got to Review and Pay a few times last night only for it to come back as out of stock. Figured I'd keep it in my cart and just refresh it every so often. Checked after work and still out of stock, just got out of the car and tried again and the checkout button was available. Made it through the checkout and have the email confirmation. Won't get excited until the order status is updated from Pending.

I have a "sticky" right trigger on my controller. From reading online it's a pretty common issue :(

Only discovered it playing Wreckfest and now I can't not notice it :(
Take it back to where you bought it and grab a new one. It'll still be under warranty. I returned my ps controller to EB about a month ago and the new one also has stick drift already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back