XBX Xbox Series X/S - November 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft allowing users to preload games before getting the disc. I’ve wanted this for a long time, hopefully the days of waiting for the day one patch to install are over.

It may not be profitable in terms of Revenue-Costs but that's a way way too simplistic way to look at it.

It attracts (and locks) people to the ecosystem, increases game populations, increase in MTX purchases, increase in actual game purchases (surprisingly) , provides a USP for the brand and the list goes on.

As a personal example I played FH4 at launch on gamepass. Without it on being gamepass I wouldn't have brought it all but by doing so it enabled me to play it online (assisting in maintaining population with others like me playing). And not only that I've now purchased FH3 on sale something I wouldn't have done had FH4 not been on gamepass 2 years ago!
It also cannibalises purchases. Why buy games when there are new ones on game pass all the time? I recon I spent a lot more on games before I got on game pass, now it has dried up besides the high quality AAA’s or occasional must have. I’ve had an Xbox for 1 year and never bought a game for it.

I recon as their subs grow, they trade off normal sales. Especially from the franchise block busters. Halo is going to cost a Fortune to make, especially to fix Craig.

What’s the fiasco with playing PS4 games on a PS5? I know with Xbox, there’s smart delivery so you just buy the game, and pop it into your console and it’ll optimize itself to suit whatever system you’re playing on.

For instance, with the new Spider-Man game, I think they’re bundling it up with a remaster of the 2018 Spider-Man, but won’t have any of your saved data, but you can pop in your PS4 disc of the 2018 Spider-Man game into your PS5 and it will have all your saved data but won’t look any better, anyone clarify this?

What’s the fiasco with playing PS4 games on a PS5? I know with Xbox, there’s smart delivery so you just buy the game, and pop it into your console and it’ll optimize itself to suit whatever system you’re playing on.

For instance, with the new Spider-Man game, I think they’re bundling it up with a remaster of the 2018 Spider-Man, but won’t have any of your saved data, but you can pop in your PS4 disc of the 2018 Spider-Man game into your PS5 and it will have all your saved data but won’t look any better, anyone clarify this?

Spider-Man PS4 will work, as is, on PS5. No updated visuals. However they've also remastered it, but you can only get the remastered version if you buy the ultimate edition of Miles Morales on PS5.

It won't be sold separately and it won't be free or discounted for owners of the PS4 version. Nice and simple eh? If only industry cancer, Phil Spencer could rustle up some pro-consumer moves like this and abandon that waste of time Gamepass.

It also cannibalises purchases. Why buy games when there are new ones on game pass all the time? I recon I spent a lot more on games before I got on game pass, now it has dried up besides the high quality AAA’s or occasional must have. I’ve had an Xbox for 1 year and never bought a game for it.

I recon as their subs grow, they trade off normal sales. Especially from the franchise block busters. Halo is going to cost a Fortune to make, especially to fix Craig.
Yeah they are some people that would have brought the game but felt no need to with Gamepass but thats just how it goes in any business decision. Looking at price elasticity and whatnot when they cant differentially price to exactly match consumer willinglness to pay.

The beniefts outlined above more than compensate for any reduced revenue from people like you. If they didnt MS wouldnt have double downed on Gamepass like they have.

Exactly, we should all embrace this new golden era of gaming before it gets screwed up by corporate.
Pay the $10-15 a month and enjoy.

To be honest, I'd still happily pay double. I guess it depends on how many games someone plays a year but for me it's value even at $50 a month (Microsoft pls that isn't an invitation).

I feel like I must be missing something with this Game Pass stuff. There isn't a single game on there that I care even remotely about.

I'm pretty typical in that I buy the yearly sports titles, shooters and the big name single-player stuff, can't say it holds any value for me.

And god, having an original XB1, about half the titles that I've tried have been terribly optimised and virtually unplayable.

I feel like I must be missing something with this Game Pass stuff. There isn't a single game on there that I care even remotely about.

I'm pretty typical in that I buy the yearly sports titles, shooters and the big name single-player stuff, can't say it holds any value for me.

And god, having an original XB1, about half the titles that I've tried have been terribly optimised and virtually unplayable.

So you like sports and shooters and GPU doesn't appeal? That's their core.
EA play is part of the package which has all the sports titles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For previous years.

You need EA Play Pro (their premium version) to get the current year's sports titles (i.e. FIFA 20 will be on EA Play/GP, but you'll need the premium subscription to play FIFA 21 when it comes out in a couple of weeks)

So you like sports and shooters and GPU doesn't appeal? That's their core.
Every game on there is min. 1 year old. I was under the assumption that the EA thing was just early access and old NFS games, nothing near release.

Yeah they are some people that would have brought the game but felt no need to with Gamepass but thats just how it goes in any business decision. Looking at price elasticity and whatnot when they cant differentially price to exactly match consumer willinglness to pay.

The beniefts outlined above more than compensate for any reduced revenue from people like you. If they didnt MS wouldnt have double downed on Gamepass like they have.
Game pass is a great deal for consumers and I’m all for MS buying their way back to a solid market share as we all benefit.

What it doesn’t guarantee though is that the strategy pays off. MS paid 5 billion for Nokia which disappeared, they can make a mistake too just like anybody. The difference is it won’t send them to the wall if in 5 years they are changing direction.

fu** do now need to switch to xbox since they bought bethesda?? will defs want to be playing starfield, etc as well as whatever future arkane games there are
Join the pro consumer side.
77d769a742a9ab760684dcfb2c7e527a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back