XBX Xbox Series X/S - November 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Next gen Xbox confirmed for holidays 2020. Microsoft learned their Xbox One launch lesson and put an exclamation point on the fact that the next Xbox will be focused on games and not the other fluff.

More info and trailer when the internet catches up. Is it actually going to be called Xbox Scarlett? Going to need a new prefix for the board. Also no info on the Anaconda and Lockhart/S and X variations.

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/06...oFiY_Z7qXhURwob6ltuBOei5Q6Vzb2K3OU_nkphHeV6O0

Last edited:

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
I honestly see this as more another 1X jump, just far larger. That reveal made it sound full back compat, even with peripherals. It's like they have to present it as next gen because people are against services and iteration, even though that's what everyone wants.

Like, the Xbox leaps forward every few years with a new Project on the same ecosystem. Might be able to keep the forum tags dwwaino. Just feels like they're trying to bleed the Xbox into everything and you choose the pieces you want. I love it.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I honestly see this as more another 1X jump, just far larger. That reveal made it sound full back compat, even with peripherals. It's like they have to present it as next gen because people are against services and iteration, even though that's what everyone wants.

Like, the Xbox leaps forward every few years with a new Project on the same ecosystem. Might be able to keep the forum tags dwwaino. Just feels like they're trying to bleed the Xbox into everything and you choose the pieces you want. I love it.

Halo Infinite doesn't sound like it will be available on the One so Scarlett will still be a new generation so to speak. But I agree with the backwards compatibility that Sony will also be doing with the next Playstation that we are moving more towards console upgrades that don't render the previous model obsolete, like mobile phones. I thought we would hear about Lockhart and Anaconda but we didn't, so I'm still betting on Scarlett getting a new name by next E3.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Halo Infinite doesn't sound like it will be available on the One so Scarlett will still be a new generation so to speak. But I agree with the backwards compatibility that Sony will also be doing with the next Playstation that we are moving more towards console upgrades that don't render the previous model obsolete, like mobile phones. I thought we would hear about Lockhart and Anaconda but we didn't, so I'm still betting on Scarlett getting a new name by next E3.

Halo still has XB1 pre-orders available, so who knows. EB and the big retailers are usually clued in on these things. Or maybe they're having the same tag issues, ha.

But yeah for sure, at some point the older hardware has to reach obsolescence, so I guess the OG One will die off in 2021. Maybe just a generic Xbox tag?

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Halo still has XB1 pre-orders available, so who knows. EB and the big retailers are usually clued in on these things. Or maybe they're having the same tag issues, ha.

But yeah for sure, at some point the older hardware has to reach obsolescence, so I guess the OG One will die off in 2021. Maybe just a generic Xbox tag?

When searching for Halo Infinite related stuff they said it won't skip Xbox One, but in the E3 trailer thingy this morning they said they couldn't do what they wanted with it on the Xbox One which is why it is a Scarlett launch title. I'm not sure where that puts the game.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Biggest generational leap ever? That's pretty hype

It's not going to be called Project Scarlett. They don't even have a box, it'll all get named and shown off probably at E3 next year.

Also...holy s**t that guys beard.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
It's not going to be called Project Scarlett. They don't even have a box, it'll all get named and shown off probably at E3 next year.

Also...holy **** that guys beard.

I know right

Xbox Scar-Jo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Also complete nonsense. There have been diminishing returns with each successive generation.

They've been sticking bog average AMD parts in these things for a while now. The kit going in this time is actually decent given the improvements from AMD recently and the targeted performance requires a bigger jump than what has been seen before. The inclusion of things like an SSD and ray tracing cores the next consoles should appear to be the biggest step for a long time. The most telling factor will be when they do a full reveal with price which is what caused the OG PS4 and XB1 to be gimped from the start. This is probably what the Lockhart and Anaconda variants will discern.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Well I thought the entire purpose of Microsoft naming their current gen console the "Xbox One" was so that the next one would be "Xbox Two", then "Xbox Three" and so on. That way they wouldn't have to keep coming up with fancy names for their consoles.

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
all reports are that next gen xbox/ps4 are gonna support 120 FPS @ 4K etc, mean it will need HDMI 2.1 support.
not many going to have TVs which support this.

This is gonna be expensive. Assuming you want the best quality/performance that is.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dont expect either PS 5 or Scarlet to talk about tfops of their systems this time around. The new AMD GPU Navi has similar flops as the old GCN ones did, but will be more powerful than the flops indicate.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
FB_IMG_1576205218516.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back