SA Xenophon Quits the Senate heading back to SA Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

He might have a chance of forming a coalition government at the State level. Worth a run for sure. Are citizenship requirements different at the state level anyway?
Possibly, the Constitution only prevents members of the Federal parliament from having dual citizenship.

Possibly, the Constitution only prevents members of the Federal parliament from having dual citizenship.

There you be. Sounds like a smart move. You could easily foresee a situation where he ends up with the largest vote in a coalition government. Labor have been in power for ever, LNP are hopeless in SA. Australian Conservatives are still too weak and will damage the LNP. Smart move if there's a chance he's struck off.

Last edited:
Seems an odd move but probably an earnest one if he's running for the lower house instead of phoning it in for the upper house.

I don't know if South Australian's are ****ed in the head or the Libs are ******* useless. Probably both if SA keeps voting in a Labor government that has wrecked the State. Xenophon should have no problems slotting in in South Australian politics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if South Australian's are ****** in the head or the Libs are ******* useless. Probably both if SA keeps voting in a Labor government that has wrecked the State. Xenophon should have no problems slotting in in South Australian politics.

https://www.commsec.com.au/content/...2017/CommSec_State_of_the_States_July2017.pdf

Highest rate of business investment in the country.

Lowest overall economic growth in the country is in WA (which ranks below average in all economic indicators) which had a Lib government in charge for much of the mining boom.

Do the math.

https://www.commsec.com.au/content/...2017/CommSec_State_of_the_States_July2017.pdf

Highest rate of business investment in the country.

Lowest overall economic growth in the country is in WA (which ranks below average in all economic indicators) which had a Lib government in charge for much of the mining boom.

Do the math.
Don't kid yourself. They're a welfare basket case who steals other States GST money. Not that my State is any better thanks to $80b of government created debt!

Don't kid yourself. They're a welfare basket case who steals other States GST money. Not that my State is any better thanks to $80b of government created debt!

WA receives about 30c to the dollar in terms of GST allocation but the economy is in the shithole and has the highest unemployment in the country.

Try using the factors in that CommSec report, it's pretty comprehensive.

I wouldn't use Federal Government income distribution as a guide to economic performance.

I don't know if South Australian's are ****** in the head or the Libs are ******* useless. Probably both if SA keeps voting in a Labor government that has wrecked the State. Xenophon should have no problems slotting in in South Australian politics.
You mean after the liberals ****ed the state in the arse, dumped a load and left two minutes later?

Thank * for Elon

We will see. General Motors believe he is full of it and fully self driving cars are 15 to 20 years away. They're too expensive and are still a long way from being perfected.

* self-driving cars , planes and trains.
They can pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back