XFL 2020 - Week 2

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
something people may not have thought about, but the entire league of players all live in dorms. So all the Defenders players live in a hotel near the stadium in shared room accommodation, for the entirety of the XFL season.

thats pretty tough for 3 months, on only 55k a year (+ roughly 2k bonus per win), and probably dont get to see their families.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
new guy in town....

rp8f31t0gzg41.png

something people may not have thought about, but the entire league of players all live in dorms. So all the Defenders players live in a hotel near the stadium in shared room accommodation, for the entirety of the XFL season.

thats pretty tough for 3 months, on only 55k a year (+ roughly 2k bonus per win), and probably dont get to see their families.

The xfl is a gateway to the NFL, something a ton of these players didn't have last year. For 3 months a year with a chance to get noticed by the big boys it's worth it.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The xfl is a gateway to the NFL, something a ton of these players didn't have last year. For 3 months a year with a chance to get noticed by the big boys it's worth it.
when the AAF folded a bunch of players managed to get NFL contracts. But Im not sure how many actually became starters, rose depth chart, or received a contract extension.

Feel the talent in the XFL is significantly better. Might see some actually become NFL regulars.

when the AAF folded a bunch of players managed to get NFL contracts. But Im not sure how many actually became starters, rose depth chart, or received a contract extension.

Feel the talent in the XFL is significantly better. Might see some actually become NFL regulars.

Yep, and with media coverage far better and more accessable I'm sure we will.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Football Outsiders analyzes PATs in XFL...

excellent point why this model isnt great...

It seems like a mistake to include third downs. The availability of the FG affects strategy for both offense and defense.

Brandon Silvers new Panthers QB? ;)

The NFL would be dead to me if so, just like the NBA. I don't enjoy ditching sports I love but I couldn't follow a franchise that inept or switch to another team like some people can.😜

I'll be down for some xfl fantasy next year btw GG.exe too late to drum up interest in a league this year I reckon,unless we get 10 others in quick time.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Looks like the Tampa Bay @ Seattle game has been pulled from ESPN for a replay of some NBA all star weekend stuff [Hope its just because if it ran over it would run into All star weekend events]
Hopefully still on WatchESPN. otherwise GG will flood the thread with streams. But looks like ESPN/Kayo miss out on the game

Nextweek no games on TV on the Sunday because of tennis. UFC and Basketball.

Looks like the Tampa Bay @ Seattle game has been pulled from ESPN for a replay of some NBA all star weekend stuff [Hope its just because if it ran over it would run into All star weekend events]
Hopefully still on WatchESPN. otherwise GG will flood the thread with streams. But looks like ESPN/Kayo miss out on the game

Nextweek no games on TV on the Sunday because of tennis. UFC and Basketball.

I can't do NBA all star week anymore other than mild interest in the dunk contest.

The game itself is an absolute joke, but what should I expect from a league where no team plays defense anymore when the games are actually for keeps. Would much rather watch a second tier league like the xfl with players playing hard and to win.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I can't do NBA all star week anymore other than mild interest in the dunk contest.

The game itself is an absolute joke, but what should I expect from a league where no team plays defense anymore when the games are actually for keeps.
Beats watching dudes roll around on each other like the UFC has

Beats watching dudes roll around on each other like the UFC has

UFC isn't for everyone. I much prefer that than All Star week also. Its always better to lose by submission than get your block knocked off by someone when standing up. Not as good for the casual viewer like you though.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
UFC isn't for everyone. I much prefer that than All Star week also. Its always better to lose by submission than get your block knocked off by someone when standing up. Not as good for the casual viewer like you though.
I watched UFC when I was in my teens/early 20s. But got bored with it because the quality fell off a hill around Ufc 100. Too many fights per month and paying for hype guys like Brock Lesnar.
The fights were better when it was 1 card a month and 1 PPV every 2-3 months.

It became too carny and almost like pro wrestling with the personalties at the top.
It was bad enough with Tito and Matt Huges in the mid 2000s.

I watched UFC when I was in my teens/early 20s. But got bored with it because the quality fell off a hill around Ufc 100. Too many fights per month and paying for hype guys like Brock Lesnar.
The fights were better when it was 1 card a month and 1 PPV every 2-3 months.

It became too carny and almost like pro wrestling with the personalties at the top.
It was bad enough with Tito and Matt Huges in the mid 2000s.

It does feel a bit too much WWE nowadays, I agree on that.

And I used to love the WWE up until about 2005 but I can't watch that anymore either. s**t story lines, s**t characters. Nothing will beat the days of the Rock being a heel and Vince ,Shane and the corporation. WWE's golden age.

I rewatched the Rock vs Mankind Royal Rumble "I quit" match on YouTube for the first time in 10 or so years a month ago.

Absolutely brutal, Foley's commitment to his characters was incredible. The amount of chair shots he took was painful to watch knowing what we do today about concussion.

I watched pro wrestling in primary school and early high school. Stopped when most of the 90s guys left. It was fun when it was immature and so was I. But everyone grows up.

I always just took it for what it was, entertainment. Enjoyed it when there were a lot more personalities and when guys could sell a match and rivalry far better than what they can today. Still enjoy watching the old school rivalries and match promos. The Million Dollar Man one of my all time favourite characters. Hated Hogan though, always have.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season. It looks like every sunday will have 1 or a couple of times both games missing from TV. Because of March Madness NBA MLB UFC Tennis.
Well this sucks. Tennis is marginally worse than the endless replays if the Euro 2016 football qualifiers that scrubbed out weekends of CFP

Back