Politics Xi, and the predictive failure of liberalism

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesnt matter what governments are in charge. It doesnt change my point.

Humans are biologically made a certain way. You can force upon any culture of government you want. It wont change what a human is and what system of politics would best support them (well until human genetic modification becomes a thing in which case the chinese could develop humans that mentally prosper under marxism but at that point humans we care about effectively will become extinct anyway so who cares).
Typical mind fallacy.

There have been around 10,000 years of human civilisation. Liberalism has only existed for around ~250 years, give or take, in a select few societies. Most systems of politics in history are profoundly illiberal, and the same is true globally. What makes you think liberalism is the default state of humanity?

Last edited:
Typical mind fallacy.

There have been around 10,000 years of human civilisation. Liberalism has only existed for around ~250 years, give or take, in a select few societies. Most systems of politics in history are profoundly illiberal, and the same is true globally. What makes you think liberalism is the default state of humanity?
Thats not a fallacy. Just a historical fact about how power is usually obtained. The means of creating government and the optimal type of government are not even remotely aligned. Do you honestly think the leaders we get are the ones we all want? Even in western democracies thats not even close to being true let alone tin pot dictatorships.

Thats not a fallacy. Just a historical fact about how power is usually obtained. The means of creating government and the optimal type of government are not even remotely aligned. Do you honestly think the leaders we get are the ones we all want? Even in western democracies thats not even close to being true let alone tin pot dictatorships.
None of this means liberalism is universal.

None of this means liberalism is universal.
None of that post you quoted does as i was just responding to why the leaders we get arent necessarily the ones we want nor the ones that are best for us. Hint all 3 are different. My post also doesnt explain why peeing before sex is much more enjoyable then peeing after sex. But it is. I cant answer all of the universes questions in two sentences ffs.

None of that post you quoted does as i was just responding to why the leaders we get arent necessarily the ones we want nor the ones that are best for us. Hint all 3 are different. My post also doesnt explain why peeing before sex is much more enjoyable then peeing after sex. But it is. I cant answer all of the universes questions in two sentences ffs.
Liberalism is universal.

The only nation that has ever successfully had liberalism foisted on it from an external source that I can think of was Japan.

Break up of USSR saw freedom in Eastern Europe.

You could also make the argument that the west via trade (perry in Japan, UK in Canton) caused the spread of ideas. Its not fashionable these days but you could also make the case the Poms in India eg the banning of sati.

As you saying the hard bit is defining liberalism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back