Xmas Shopping - Have you finished it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheesh, what an exhausting 4 hrs traipsing through Highpoint Shopping Centre this evening in Maribyrnong, well it wouldn't have been so long but I kept running into friends wanting to stop for coffees lol...so perhaps 3 hours is more around the mark!

I have now bought every present for those on my list - just the wrapping to be done (tomorrow's task). Every year I say I will get it done earlier but it never goes to plan.

How about you guys, have you all finished the Xmas shopping? Do you buy everything early or wait till the last minute?

Might do it on Wednesday, problem with working in retail is you spend the entire chrissy period working.

Finished it last week.... my standards are slipping :p, one year i didn't finish until christmas eve (nightmare in itself). I usually attempt to finish it by late October / early November - so i don't have to get aggro at people in December's shopping rush.

This year however, i've done more shopping for myself, in December than anyone else :D.

Haven't started. I have a bit of stuff I need to get for myself as well but I've been putting it off because of the christmas and school holiday crowds. No idea whatsoever on what to get my parents, brother is easy, just make a bee line to the bottleshop :eek:

Monday morning 9am job I think. In and out before chaos reigns.

I did mine weeks ago - buying a lot of stuff online makes it easy. I can't stand the crowds and idiot shoppers abusing shop assistants because of thier own stupidity.

Mind you, if you know exactly what you want for everyone, shopping is easy. If you can't think of ideas, that is when you spend a lot of time achieving nothing.

Haven't started, generally leave it till the last minute, but always get the right presents for everyone, I just ALWAYS forget to get enough wrapping paper :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I am done...I usually leave it to my partner to sort it out as she has more time...though I am undecided whether to pop the engagement ring into the secret santa thingy at my parents house, surprising her and then having to propose in front of everyone (mmmmm...naaaaaaah) which then means I have to go find something else with the little time left and i never have any idea about what to get her. She doesn't listen to music, is hard to buy books for and so on, you get the picture

Left it until late last year which I regretted, and wrapping pressies on Xmas Eve only for them to be opened the next day just seems a bit weird. Knowing I had a busy Dec I had it all done by the 5th. I've really enjoyed the work xmas party and other social activities knowing I didn't have to worry about the damn shopping (esp with a hangover).

I will probably hit the shops Wed night just for the fun of it, because there's a few bargains around and it tends to be less hectic compared to recent days / normal shopping hrs.

Tomorrow and Thursday are going to be a nightmare - good luck to anyone near a shopping centre!

Something for my mum and dad tonight and I'm done, Finished shopping for my brothers 2 weeks ago, took about an hour, but been to lazy to go to the shops after work to complete it.

Chadstone was a complete sh*thole as always yesterday, wished i didn't drive there but atleast its all done.

I did all of my Christmas shopping today at Chadstone.

I'm never leaving it until the 24th ever again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back