1 - Music City Miracle, AFC wild card, 2000

and here are my fave from the list:
My Favourites from the list

topper-cowboys.jpg

2214257219_33f47b4b1f.jpg

J_Harrison_090201_2_VS_video_rhr_280_210%20copy.jpg

topper-tyre.jpg

Re: Y!Sports Best Plays of the Decade

Music City Miracle is clearly a forward pass from Wychek. I think there is an ESPN doco or short film about it and all the Titans claim it was legit, haha.

What was the actual wording for the list? Most infamous? Because I doubt Romo's fumble makes a top 10 best plays list ;)

I got abused from pillar to post after that game for claiming Romo would never be a championship QB... FWIW, I think I was, and still am, on the money...

#5 is one of the most amazing catches I've ever seen, the concentration while he was on the ground to make sure he caught it, and the Cris Dishman looking like a dick cos he thought the play was over... except there was no whistle...

One of my favourite wins of EVER.

Delete #7 though, clearly should not be there... though if JD or any other Saints fan, wants to see what Darren Sharper plays like in playoffs... go ahead and find it!;)

Gee i can remember Leon Lett in a game in 93 which Dallas played Miami in the snow some time ago in a Thanksgiving game which he stuffed up by trying to recover a loose ball when it was not needed and him showboating while NOT in the Endzone to have the ball stripped away by Don Bebe in SB XXVII. :eek:
I know it is BEST plays but for the opposition these were!!! Just 2 that have really stuck with me throughout time and Leon Lett appears in both!

Was a good player Leon Lett but he will be remembered for these 2!!

[YOUTUBE]P2kcpTmheM4[/YOUTUBE]

7 - Fourth-and-26, NFC divisional playoff, 2004

1 - Music City Miracle, AFC wild card, 2000

That 4th & 26... THE SCOOP with pictures. Look away Packer fans.

As for that Music City Miracle.. BOTCHED CALL !!

[YOUTUBE]A2I4_UP8_2M&hl[/YOUTUBE]

I was at Kittlemiesters (Staunch Bills fan) pad and I was assuring him that the PLAY WILL NOT COUNT. Needless to say.. Kittlemiester was fuming and I left immediately! NFL's most WORST CALL ever. Clearly a forward pass and I feel for Bills fans for getting so duped.

I agree, that Tony Romo botched FG hold isn't worthy of making the Best plays... but infamous... certainly. I'd like to add Favre's amazing toss to the back of the endzone to Eagles discard, Greg Lewis, vs the Niners in Week 3 with 2 seconds to go. All or nothing Clutch play. And where's Santonio's Immaculate Supabah Catch??

[YOUTUBE]un3B7Og-FS0&hl=en_US&fs[/YOUTUBE]

Music City Miracle is clearly a forward pass from Wychek. I think there is an ESPN doco or short film about it and all the Titans claim it was legit, haha.

Yes it was clearly a forward pass but then again, luck was not on their side by a half a yard when Dyson couldnt reach over the goaline in #8

Best 2 yard run in history.

[YOUTUBE]YZYKzpjci0s[/YOUTUBE]

In the NFL, it's joy and relief.. in the AFL, it's frowned upon, inane and incredibly counter-productive. But still kicking the ball deep backwards to run down the clock is perceived as genius (stop-start anyone???) when nobody really knows how long is left on the clock. Weird eh? League of contradiction = AFL. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first saw this article there was one play I was sure would be in it . . . but then I remembered who am I kidding, of course Tony Romo fumbling the ball would rate a mention.

This play will forever be remembered by Saints fans. It was the moment and on the stage when all Saints fans realised this team was not like Saints teams of old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSsfA7W7Y8A

Can only find s**t quality, but tis better than nothing.

[youtube]u9UUsj12EmU[/youtube]

That's the Freeman play... in driving rain in OT, the awareness to tap the ball up an inch from the ground, and then catch it, get up, run...

Amazing catch in every sense of the word.

Freeman was highly under-rated as a receiver, and yeah, he flopped at Philly, but he was as good a possession receiver as there was at the time.

Gee i can remember Leon Lett in a game in 93 which Dallas played Miami in the snow some time ago in a Thanksgiving game which he stuffed up by trying to recover a loose ball when it was not needed and him showboating while NOT in the Endzone to have the ball stripped away by Don Bebe in SB XXVII. :eek:
I know it is BEST plays but for the opposition these were!!! Just 2 that have really stuck with me throughout time and Leon Lett appears in both!

Was a good player Leon Lett but he will be remembered for these 2!!

[youtube]P2kcpTmheM4[/youtube]

Pretty sure I still have the last part of the game saved on a DVD somewhere. Jerry Jones face is priceless.

What about the playoff between SF-NYG at Candlestick about 2003? Huge SF comeback and then a botched snap at the end cost the Giants the win. Got that somewhere too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back