Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Chatting with an old friend about other old friends and then suddenly remembering the creepy friend who used to hang around on the edge of the group... and then remembering some of the creepy things that he did at parties.

It's enough to drive a man to drink... thank got it's after xmas and we have plenty of booze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That when life looks like it's going to give you wine that it then immediately gives you s**t.

I successfully launched Gamephasis, finally. Have over 60 media partners in less than 3 weeks. That's pretty significant for a start up in the gaming industry. People begin to notice the quality of our site and reviewers and I get this job offer to be a PR manager for a relatively significant game developer-publisher starting in September. I'm over the moon to take this job. It balances perfectly with what I'm doing.

I'm also launching my own digital marketing company. I've done work in this field since I've been back in Australia and helped a few companies around the world improve their web presences... A little bit of a growth hacker. Here's my latest promotion on FB. A small one.

upload_2017-6-4_3-55-51.png

So today my girlfriend comes home and tells me that shes moving back into her parents place. The putrid thing about this is that A) the Internet sucks there and B) I can't live there. Our rental lease expires at the end of the month.

So... Starting from square one again. You get up and get knocked back on your ass.

If anyone needs any work done or wants to advertise on Gamephasis or anything, I'm all ears. Not looking for a handout as I earn everything I get. <3

Gotta hate going for a job interview feeling like you have the job especially when the interviewer says it is up to you if you come onboard only to find out today that the company decided not to go ahead with you and they want to look at other resumes. I asked for feedback and my recruiter couldn't give me any, but after me pushing her she decided to give the company another ring and see if she can get feedback for me. I am at a loss as to know where I ****** up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely rupturing your patellar tendon, along with a grade two tear of your ACL and the miniscus.

Wish I could say it was in the pursuit of some sporting glory.
Unfortunately it was because I missed a step moving furniture around the house.....

Off to see the surgeon tomorrow.

Completely rupturing your patellar tendon, along with a grade two tear of your ACL and the miniscus.

Unfortunately it was because I missed a step moving furniture around the house.....

Oh you poor bugger, that sounds awfully painful. Good luck with the recovery!

All the best with the op and recovery. I had a friend who ruptured the ACL doing The Nutbush. You don't feel so bad now (well I hope not).

Going along with the whole injury thing... ya gotta hate being woken up at 04:10 to panicked cries from the mother figure that the father figure has had a tumble while he is on the way to the toilet to empty his bags and can't get up again. And then after getting him back on his feet again, you collapse because you've gone to sleep with your electic blanket on high and the stress and strain of the panic to get him on his feet again has put your blood pressure over the top and you've just blanked out. End result... looks like a couple of cracked ribs from where I hit the doggie step boxes.

Breathing in can be a touch painful ATM!

Going along with the whole injury thing... ya gotta hate being woken up at 04:10 to panicked cries from the mother figure that the father figure has had a tumble while he is on the way to the toilet to empty his bags and can't get up again. And then after getting him back on his feet again, you collapse because you've gone to sleep with your electic blanket on high and the stress and strain of the panic to get him on his feet again has put your blood pressure over the top and you've just blanked out. End result... looks like a couple of cracked ribs from where I hit the doggie step boxes.

Breathing in can be a touch painful ATM!

Sounds like the Monty Python version of injuring yourself. All the best Dram.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back