Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta hate having a bunch of retrenchments at work today. Two pretty close work colleagues got the chop.
Thankfully i'm fine (for the time being)

:(
Been going through the process for the last 12 months where I work :( Something many in Canberra are facing

Been going through the process for the last 12 months where I work :( Something many in Canberra are facing

Pretty common theme in a number of industries unfortunately.
I work in finance, so there are always jobs going thankfully.

I actually have quite a funny story an old work colleague told me about a lady he worked with back in the mid '90's.
She had been at this particular company for quite a long time and she was very old school and wasn't willing to move with the then current technology. It was decided to retrench her, but send her out in style.

On the Friday, they called her into the MD's office and gave her a bunch of flowers, a pretty big cheque and thanked her for her years of service. They even let her finish early that day after she cleaned out her desk.

Come Monday morning, she was back at her desk with the box she only packed up 3 days before and like nothing had happened. Again, she was called into the MD's office and asked to explain herself. She handed the cheque back and she said that she just wanted to work and be part of the company. The were dumbfounded. What do they do? Well, the let her stay and up until a few years ago she was still there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back