MVP Yabby Medal 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Club has it about right. The coaches reward effort and compliance with the game-plan and not just individual brilliance. I would have had Hardwick, Frost and Moore a bit lower but Hardwick's consistency is a winner, the Club is clearly forgiving of Frost's episodic brain fades and Moore's endeavour and second efforts are very impressive. The Club has also rated Shiels higher than this forum. Shiels is a quiet achiever but gets the job done. I reckon we over-rate Scrimshaw a bit because he is such a stylish player. He is the David Gower of the team. Likewise we over-value Bramble because of his dash and willingness to take the game on. We under-rate Howe because he can look like a bit of a plodder but the Club has rightly rewarded his versatility, mobility and decision-making. He is one of the real improvers in 2021. These aside, the Club and the Forum are in pretty close agreement.

A consistent player will do well in the PCM but poorly in the yabby. You could be consistently 6th best on the ground and not get a single vote in the yabby. yet be right up amongst it in the PCM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back