News Yarran Charged

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep!
No reason for it not to motivate him.The club's endlessly pragmatic so that'll be their take.
Would be a terrific story of opportunity offered and accepted.
Huge challenge for him to establish himself as one of our forward options by season's end.
I would love to see him kicking goals and laying tackles in the Purple!

His position is different to the 18 year olds who are in it for the dream of playing AFL, this is his chance to set up his family with a house etc. 5 years of AFL and he and his family can escape struggle street, I'm with you, this would be a terrific story.

I am forever thankful that I grew up in my generation, but still able to raise kids that are respectful to the law. It is not hard, just take responsibility for your actions and there is very little likelyhood of running foul of the law.

I think you are missing the point entirely. That point being is that move on notices exist so that police can harass people who haven't broken any law.

If they had actually broken a law then there'd be no need for a move-on notice. They could just arrest the person for the law they have broken.

They should not exist, full stop. Any police who issues a move on notice is a campaigner, full stop. If someone is breaking the law, charge them for that. If they haven't broken the law, leave them the * alone.

I think you are missing the point entirely. That point being is that move on notices exist so that police can harass people who haven't broken any law.

If they had actually broken a law then there'd be no need for a move-on notice. They could just arrest the person for the law they have broken.

They should not exist, full stop. Any police who issues a move on notice is a campaigner, full stop. If someone is breaking the law, charge them for that. If they haven't broken the law, leave them the **** alone.

Yeah, but they do exist... so...

What charge can be laid for someone drunk, swearing loudly and taking up aggressive stances? Is that drunk and disorderly? Genuine question.

The way I see it is that a move on notice is basically saying 'stop being a knob or we'll have to charge you'. You could argue the police would charge hundreds each weekend if they didn't have this in place. I see it as a formal request to pull your head in. I see it as he was given a chance.

Yeah, but they do exist... so...

What charge can be laid for someone drunk, swearing loudly and taking up aggressive stances? Is that drunk and disorderly? Genuine question.

None of those things should be a crime so no charge should be possible.

Being a dickhead isn't and shouldn't be against the law.

Charge people who actually commit crimes rather than trying to punish people you think might.

Police don't have the right to decide who is and isn't a dickhead.

They should not exist, full stop. Any police who issues a move on notice is a campaigner, full stop. If someone is breaking the law, charge them for that. If they haven't broken the law, leave them the **** alone.

Charge people who actually commit crimes rather than trying to punish people you think might.

You seem to have a problem with a authority, been nicked a few times eh?

I have a problem with laws that allow you to arrest and charge people who have committed no crime just because their presence annoys you, yes.

These laws violate the human right to the presumption of innocence, freedom of movement and freedom of association among many others. They are a disgrace.

Have to disagree. I also think it was in Yarran's best interest to also possibly protect him.
I think prevention makes more sense.
You have a guy swearing loudly and shaping up to want to fight. Only a matter of time before another drunk or hot head takes the opportunity and we have another issue altogether.

You sound like the sort of person who would get in a scrap and call the bloke a pussy if he pressed charges.

What he is saying is pretty reasonable, If you haven't done anything wrong then why should you be asked to move on? Swearing is not against the Law.

Also some people on here need to understand that just because some of us don't agree with some of the law, it doesn't mean that we are breaking it or encouraging someone to break it, it also doesn't make us bad or disrepectful people...

Honestly can't find the article but it stated he was drunk and swearing loudly and taking up an 'aggressive stance'.

It was one where the judge had a go at him and said he tends to do this once a year and needs to control his alcohol consumption.

Went into how he hadn't had a drop since March.

Not making it up. Just can't find the article now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly can't find the article but it stated he was drunk and swearing loudly and taking up an 'aggressive stance'.

It was one where the judge had a go at him and said he tends to do this once a year and needs to control his alcohol consumption.

Went into how he hadn't had a drop since March.

Not making it up. Just can't find the article now!
would love to know what an aggresive stance looks like, seems left up to interpretation

I have a problem with laws that allow you to arrest and charge people who have committed no crime just because their presence annoys you, yes.

These laws violate the human right to the presumption of innocence, freedom of movement and freedom of association among many others. They are a disgrace.

Yeah right have you been to Northbridge and seen the faarkwits that congregate in and around local establishments on Friday and Saturday nights thats the disgrace and the reason this law was brought in.

Ok I've read a few articles and can't find it.

So I'm happy to say maybe I misread or was half asleep and aggressive stance was not literally Shane Yarran.

Did anyone else read about him 'swearing loudly' and adopting an 'aggressive stance'?

If not I got it wrong.

Thanks for the article.

Mind boggles on why people continue to want to have a crack at the police or even play the race card.

Think we are finished here, was a di$k but at least he owned up and he gets another opportunity which is great for him and hopefully his family if he gets it right.

I don't think it would be outrageous to suggest with his past indescretions he will be on his very last chance.

Oh dear.

Glad they have the move on notices which gives kids an opportunity to remove themselves from a situation, which commonly happens at for example out of control house parties.

Much rather my kids where given a move on notice than arrested if caught up in a situation. Would like to think they would be smart enough to take the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back