Yassmin abdel magid

Remove this Banner Ad

And here we go ....

SUPPORT CHILD MARRIAGE, SAYS HEZBOLLAH

Screen-Shot-2017-07-14-at-8.47.22-pm.png

http://sheikyermami.com/2017/07/support-child-marriage-says-hezbollah/

And now we have courses at Sydney Uni saying we should allow it, all payed for by Government grants.

And here we go ....

SUPPORT CHILD MARRIAGE, SAYS HEZBOLLAH

Screen-Shot-2017-07-14-at-8.47.22-pm.png

http://sheikyermami.com/2017/07/support-child-marriage-says-hezbollah/

And now we have courses at Sydney Uni saying we should allow it, all payed for by Government grants.

Nobody in the West listens to Hezbollah. Nobody in the west should listen to Hizb -ut Tahir, slimy creeps should be shut down the only reason they haven't been despite being outlawed in many other countries is that they know our law and they've been careful not to break it.

In the care of Muslims until I was 12yo and I loved them dearly, christened Anglican so I could go to private school at 9yo. Ran away from home through that because FGM and promise of marriage was so common, in my paranoia suspected my parents of arranging marriage to my Dad's business partner's son, who was a Jew and a complete dick. This upbringing had me unprepared me for Geelong Grammar.

Nobody in the West listens to Hezbollah. Nobody in the west should listen to Hizb -ut Tahir, slimy creeps should be shut down the only reason they haven't been despite being outlawed in many other countries is that they know our law and they've been careful not to break it.

In the care of Muslims until I was 12yo and I loved them dearly, christened Anglican so I could go to private school at 9yo. Ran away from home through that because FGM and promise of marriage was so common, in my paranoia suspected my parents of arranging marriage to my Dad's business partner's son, who was a Jew and a complete dick. This upbringing had me unprepared me for Geelong Grammar.

I am sorry to hear all that.

Really? You would argue that Gallipoli contributed nothing towards an Australian identity (western)?
Bean tried to push it but like black arm view of history it is revisionist from the 60/70s onwards mostly left leaning historians ie manning clark. The only ones before that were the irish who didnt want to be here or fight for king and britain.

Bean tried to push it but like black arm view of history it is revisionist from the 60/70s onwards mostly left leaning historians ie manning clark. The only ones before that were the irish who didnt want to be here or fight for king and britain.

Although plenty wanted jobs and joined up, both here and in Ireland.

Oh I remember it like it was yesterday, the Irish Banjo Paterson wrote the first Australian limericks while the Irish Don Bradman played a few tests of Gaelic football and when the Irish helped the Irish-Australian troops escape from ANZAC cove in Southern Ireland after their pitched battle against the poms, leading to the Republic of Ireland, Australia finally came of age with a new Australian identity to be sure to be sure.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...a-im-not-done-exploiting-her-social-media-yet
Since then, tens of thousands of words have been written about Yassmin Abdel-Magied’s outrageous Facebook post lamenting war in general, on a day predetermined to be about lamenting specific wars.

We’ve seen her criticised for speaking her mind, for staying quiet, for leaving the country, for staying in the country. She’s been threatened, slandered and attacked on a near daily basis as fodder for a conservative commentariat desperate to represent her as an enemy of the nation.

As one of these commentators, I have written a number of articles about Yassmin, including but not limited to: Why Hasn’t Yassmin Personally Defeated ISIS Yet?; What Yassmin’s Instagram Photo Of A Bowl Of Granola Says About The Degradation Of Modern Australia; and A Definitive List Of Reasons Why I Should Get A Say In How A Young Woman I Don’t Know Lives Her Life.

In writing these pieces, I have slowly come to realise my folly. I’ve seen that, though her very existence riles me up for some reason, Yassmin is incredibly important to the Australian political scene.

We must acknowledge that at a time of identity crisis and bitter infighting among the nation’s right-wing, Yassmin is the only person capable of bringing us together. In a seven-word Facebook post, she achieved a feat that has eluded the prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, for his entire tenure.

As such, news that Yassmin has now left the country shook me to my core. I hadn’t considered this as a possibility. Sure, we’d been hounding her to leave the country, but that was just an incredibly racist thing we like to say to people like the race discrimination commissioner, Tim Soutphommasane.

Now I’ve been forced into a corner. This is a desperate last-minute appeal. Consider this my open plea to Yassmin or, failing that, the Australian Border Force:

Yassmin must be forced to return to Australia until such a time as I am done exploiting her social media feed for profit.

Yassmin must be forced to return to Australia until such a time as I am done exploiting her social media feed for profit

I cannot overstate Yassmin’s importance to the Australian conservative columnist industry. Without Yassmin we’d have had nothing to write about for months. With Yassmin, we’ve still had nothing to write about – but when that happens we can just go at her over something.

A wonderful trick I employ now whenever I’m suffering from dreaded writer’s block is to log on to Yassmin’s twitter feed and scroll down until I find something I can take out of context for 500-700 words of outrage on a Sunday morning. If there’s nothing noteworthy in the tweets themselves, I’ll draw something out of Yassmin being openly Muslim – or, if i’m really desperate, I’ll just find her holiday itinerary and try my best to act outraged at a picture of a beach. Please, you can’t take this away from me.

People have claimed that it’s hypocritical for die-hard free speech advocates like myself to want Yassmin off our screens, but really it’s a beautiful example of free speech as we see it. You see, free speech isn’t available to everyone. You have to be of a certain background and political persuasion before your free speech is valid – but once you have passed this simple barrier, you can see how Yassmin’s life can be a wonderful boon to your free speech.

Yassmin’s mere existence has inspired a new wave of creativity in the good, old-fashioned everyday Australian blowhard. This week alone we’ve seen white nationals posters bearing her image openly displayed in Sydney, and commentator Prue MacSween expressing her desire to hit Yassmin with a car.

And to quickly jump to Prue’s defence: her statement was clearly a joke. I don’t understand how the idea of finding an innocent person on the street and running them down in a premeditated murder attempt doesn’t strike people as inherently comical. What happened to this country’s sense of humour? We used to be a nation of larrikins, yet nowadays you can’t even casually threaten someone’s life without the outrage police kicking down your door – sometimes joined by the actual police because, yes, it is still a death threat.

Nowadays you can’t even casually threaten someone’s life without the outrage police kicking down your door

It was bleedingly obvious Prue was being hyperbolic. Her statement was only misunderstood because it sounded a lot like the legitimate death threats that Yassmin had already received. The real problem here is that our society fails to correctly parse all the death threats made on a daily basis.

It just goes to show what we’ve lost by letting Yassmin leave.

Yassmin has claimed Australia is only happy to accept people who “toe the line”. To me, this is an outrageous idea. She knows very well that we in the media would not accept her even if she did toe the line. This isn’t about her line-toeing abilities. We’re simply trying to use her as an implicit threat to all non-white Australians that we will heartlessly crush all dissent.

And though this may seem over the top it’s only about the fourth most disturbing thing said about Yassmin this week – so I’m practically a moderate.

Please, I beg of you, bring Yassmin Abdel-Magied back to Australia. Make her stay. Without her, I’ll have to confront my crumbling ideology and growing detachment to the real concerns of modern Australia.

Or I will need to find another scapegoat. Actually that seems much easier. Is Waleed on Twitter yet?

* Peter Chudd was shouting down the phone to comedian James Colley. Too Right by Peter Chudd (with James Colley) is out in August through Allen and Unwin
:D

It's possible to disagree with what Yassmin's said, even a lot of what Yassmin has said and also be totally opposed to the revolting abuse that was levelled at her. In the ruckus, the opportunity to have a decent discussion about what might have been wrong with it was lost.

Post banishment, I believe her book sales are doing really well and also, I noticed in her last pic she was wearing a Burberry scarf. :rainbow:

We have Yassmin, the US has Linda Sarsour. Everything is bigger in the US but there's really big trouble when even Courtney Love has a problem with you.View attachment 393253

Linda is not really a female, just a vessel for the advancement of Islam and at the end of the day an empty vessel, it appears Courtney has seen through that.

I don't think Yasmin is anywhere near a bad, but she has the potential to be, ATM you can put her attitude down to youth and inexperience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Yasmin is anywhere near a bad, but she has the potential to be, ATM you can put her attitude down to youth and inexperience.

I agree, she's only 26. In case anybody missed it (still don't agree with the levels of hatred directed at her) aside from that shouting match she had with Jacqui Lambie on QandA, it was this that had people watching her ready to pounce and she gave it to them on Anzac Day.

hizbt.jpg

You haven't actually given a reason to not like Clinton in the above. Democrats reinstated Glass Steagal, so it's another reason to vote them. Your logic re: "confected outrage" is 'laughable". Chomsky's point is that the US are copping some of their own medicine, not that he thinks there isn't a problem with it.

Your logic just doesn't stand up. If you want to make more sense of it, you should read more about the issues you are attempting to address.

fu Ratts, FU.
fizynitsen university

7/7/17 James Carden on President Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin

James Carden joins the show to talk about his latest article, “A Fateful Encounter: On Today’s Meeting Between Presidents Trump and Putin,” on Donald Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin at the G20 Summit. Carden also discusses how Liberal Twitter is off its hinge, how the U.S. is the worst of all foreign election meddlers, why tensions with Iran make it impossible for a lasting agreement between Russia and the United States, why no one understands what’s happening in the Ukraine and the United States’ role in the mess, how all of the pundits screeching about Trump’s connections to Russia were the same pundits who supported the case for WMDs in Iraq, and that regime change in Russia is the ultimate goal for many in Washington.

Carden is a contributing writer at The Nation. He is executive editor for the American Committee for East-West Accord and former adviser on Russia policy at the US State Department.

fu Ratts, FU.
fizynitsen university

7/7/17 James Carden on President Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin

James Carden joins the show to talk about his latest article, “A Fateful Encounter: On Today’s Meeting Between Presidents Trump and Putin,” on Donald Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin at the G20 Summit. Carden also discusses how Liberal Twitter is off its hinge, how the U.S. is the worst of all foreign election meddlers, why tensions with Iran make it impossible for a lasting agreement between Russia and the United States, why no one understands what’s happening in the Ukraine and the United States’ role in the mess, how all of the pundits screeching about Trump’s connections to Russia were the same pundits who supported the case for WMDs in Iraq, and that regime change in Russia is the ultimate goal for many in Washington.

Carden is a contributing writer at The Nation. He is executive editor for the American Committee for East-West Accord and former adviser on Russia policy at the US State Department.
I initially read this as James Corden and thought 'wow, blackcat is really slipping'.

Don't knock SA, Australia and the USA are best buddies with that country and it can't do anything wrong. Human Rights abuse, nah just follow the money.

It's sickening Maggie, how did a Saudi be appointed to the most influential position on the UN board of Human Rights? Then to rub salt into the gaping wound another one of them got the top job on Womens Rights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back