Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Baby no.3 has now arrived!!!!

3 under 3......there's no late night sport to help on those tiring nights...:(
Congrats MrP!!

Seinfeld re-runs helped get me through the dream feeds.

Last edited:

Good times, three under three for me but twins do that. That was over ten years ago now.
Rule number one, near enough is always good enough, forget perfection only increases stress.
Congrats R.B.

Hey Bumps, Understand perfectly!

I’d like to say “we” had three under 2.5 years but more often than not they were not out of bed when I left for work, and in bed when I got home, so really my wife did most of the work, (and then had dinner ready for me when I got home).
Now that we have a 3 yr old grandchild and I can see how my wife interacts with him and the positive influence she has on him. It really makes me wonder what I missed out on when mine were young.

Causes some cognitive dissonance as to whats more important:

Doing a good job and being valued at work (you have to continue to provide for the family!)
or
Being home and bonding with the kids

Its a bit of a juggling act to get it right.

For the record, they are now 33 and 31 and all good productive citizens.

Hey Bumps, Understand perfectly!

I’d like to say “we” had three under 2.5 years but more often than not they were not out of bed when I left for work, and in bed when I got home, so really my wife did most of the work, (and then had dinner ready for me when I got home).
Now that we have a 3 yr old grandchild and I can see how my wife interacts with him and the positive influence she has on him. It really makes me wonder what I missed out on when mine were young.

Causes some cognitive dissonance as to whats more important:

Doing a good job and being valued at work (you have to continue to provide for the family!)
or

For the record, they are now 33 and 31 and all good productive citizens.

Society is changing a little on this front for sure. Nobody is wrong of course, but the stay at home Dad concept will certainly alleviate that feeling you described of wondering what you could have missed out on.

For the record, I stayed home with my son for the first 8 weeks. My wifes milk supply was gone within 10 weeks and never fully came in anyway, so we were formula feeding from week two. As a result of taking the extra time off work to care for a newborn and being able to feed him just as often as my wife, we are pretty much the definition of 50/50 parents.

The one positive I have obtained from this experience is the complete eradication of fear when it comes to caring for a child. I always had in my mind that Mums just automatically knew all the right things to do while Dads just got by ultimately on the advice of their partner. I know now that's a load of crap though. You learn by doing. So ensuring you are home for a good amount of time in their early stages is vital if you want to be 100% comfortable being a parent (as opposed to just being a Dad).

Can’t believe I’m able to write this.......

After 7 years of unsuccessful IVF, my amazing wife today gave birth to our first baby

Words simply cannot describe how we are feeling, as we had nearly given up hope of becoming parents

As my wife is Vietnamese, we went to Vietnam to try a fairly new IVF treatment, called IVM

Less stressful and invasive for the woman, but also less of a success rate, but recommended to us by the doctors in VN

First time trying, and success!!

On cloud 9, and not coming down!

After 7 years of unsuccessful IVF, my amazing wife today gave birth to our first baby

Words simply cannot describe how we are feeling, as we had nearly given up hope of becoming parents

As my wife is Vietnamese, we went to Vietnam to try a fairly new IVF treatment, called IVM

Less stressful and invasive for the woman, but also less of a success rate, but recommended to us by the doctors in VN

Fantastic ST. Congrats

Congrats mate! It's actually not a bad time to be having a kid either, working from home makes it easier to spend time with them. Enjoy it!

Congrats mate! It's actually not a bad time to be having a kid either, working from home makes it easier to spend time with them. Enjoy it!
or

Just to expand on my previous comments using Crock's post, the working from home thing has made it a lot easier to juggle both. Though, the downside is that I still haven't been able to take my kid to meet his family in Brissie.

Welcome to parenthood. Congratulations. What beautiful news.

Fantastic news ! IVF is incredible gruelling process , we were lucky with it but know a lot who haven't been.

Enjoy 👍👍👍

Congrats mate!! Enjoy the ride!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent news. Congrats!

Yep, getting to spend a lot of time with my almost 12 month old. It has been great.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Hope you guys don’t like sleep.

Congrats.jpg

Congratulations to you and your wife. Hope you guys don’t like sleep.

Haha people always give this tongue in cheek advice, but It really doesn't ring true for everybody!

My wife and I had mentally prepared ourselves as much as possible for the lack of sleep that comes with parenthood.
Fortunately we have ended up with a 5 month old who easily transitioned into his own room, sleeps through the night and happily lies alone in the dark talking to himself for a while instead of instantly crying when he wakes up.

Good luck to all the new parents here!

Been a busy few days here but glad this membership pack arrived just in time!
Born early on Tuesday morning. Our newest little Hawk 😍
30CE9908-A053-4DD6-83C9-97AA77D6BEA9.jpeg

Been a busy few days here but glad this membership pack arrived just in time!
Born early on Tuesday morning. Our newest little Hawk 😍
View attachment 969741
Congratulations #Millsie69
My Dad bought my daughter her first membership when she was born in July
I put the bib with her name on it into storage, along with her membership pack, as a keepsake for her (after I put it on her and sent photos to everyone I know)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back