Ye olde Western showdown - shootout of the ex-OK-C pals (The WCF Thread)

Who do you hate least?

• Dubs

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Red Rockets

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Stephen A Smith

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

lol

fHlyNne.jpg

The refs weren't great but no idea how that has become the main focus. There's a video floating around of the Rockets 27 straight missed 3s. The majority of them were tough shots that were either off the dribble and/or a hand in their face. It feels wrong to question a team that won so many games this year and took an all time great team to 7 games but I have to question their offence last night. I understand how maths drives what the Rockets do but it seems like their team had no plan B when their plan A failed at the worst possible time.

Harden, Gordon, Green, Ariza etc all played in the second half like they were allergic to the paint. Your shots aren't falling, change things up a bit.

Exactly, it's not like the refs were defending or raising their arms to defend the 3 pt shot.

Houston Rockets swingman Eric Gordon believes things would have gone differently in the final two games of the Western Conference Finals had a hamstring injury not sidelined point guard Chris Paul.

"If he was out there, we would be playing on Thursday," Gordon said after Houston lost Monday's Game 7 to the Golden State Warriors 101-92, per Tim MacMahon of ESPN.

You didn't see Gordon get murdered when he took it to the basket, was fouled by both guys
So was he fouled or. U
Houston Rockets swingman Eric Gordon believes things would have gone differently in the final two games of the Western Conference Finals had a hamstring injury not sidelined point guard Chris Paul.

"If he was out there, we would be playing on Thursday," Gordon said after Houston lost Monday's Game 7 to the Golden State Warriors 101-92, per Tim MacMahon of ESPN.
Does he mean playing at the local park on Thursday?

It's got me stuffed how you can miss 0-27 from the 3, and have the gall to turn around and blame the refs. There's too much ref bashing in basketball, especially from coaches during the game.

Too much ref\umpire bashing in any sport IMO, players make way more mistakes than officials, but the sole focus seems to be on the officials, more so from the losing team supporters.

Too much ref\umpire bashing in any sport IMO, players make way more mistakes than officials, but the sole focus seems to be on the officials, more so from the losing team supporters.

Certainly more to blame themselves. That being said considering it was practically the grand final of the NBA season the officiating was terrible for the best league in the world. I mean the Gordon one you would see called in a 1 ref game of social it was that blatant, how do 3 top refs miss it?

Certainly more to blame themselves. That being said considering it was practically the grand final of the NBA season the officiating was terrible for the best league in the world. I mean the Gordon one you would see called in a 1 ref game of social it was that blatant, how do 3 top refs miss it?

Certainly were some bad calls, and you do wonder what they are seeing compared to us.

The other i thought was very bad, was Harden was hacked on a three in the 2nd i think, and wasn't called,it was a clear foul, my only thought on Harden spends a lot of times playing for the fouls which in turn the refs take his flailing with a grain of salt, not saying it's correct by the refs to assume, but may be a reason why he does not get that call all the time.

In most sports ( except soccer :) ) the more time you play for fouls or frees, the less likely you are to get the calls.

Last edited:
wouldn't be 0-27 if they allowed the Harden three like they should have ;)

You’re right. Would have been 1/43 if they counted it as Jim “Downtown” Harden would have really cut loose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly were some bad calls, and you do wonder what they are seeing compared to us.

The other i thought was very bad, was Harden was hacked on a three in the 2nd i think, and wasn't called,it was a clear foul, my only thought on Harden spends a lot of times playing for the fouls which in turn the refs take his flailing with a grain of salt, not saying it's correct by the refs to assume, but may be a reason why he does not get that call all the time.

In most sports ( except soccer :) ) the more time you play for fouls or frees, the less likely you are to get the calls.

I certainly believe refs have preconceived notions in their mind. In this case, the boy who cried wolf is pertinent with harden as you said flails and exaggerates. It is hardly fair on harden, but its human nature to assess the situation and allow ideas to influence the outcome.

all about momentum and the Rockets would have had it if that was counted

less s**t ? unlike other teams who give up, the Rockets actually aimed to challenge the Warriors

The Rockets are a damn good team

sorry I was referring to their shooting.
Yep if Cp3 was there could of been different story.

Back