Ye olde Western showdown - shootout of the ex-OK-C pals (The WCF Thread)

Who do you hate least?

• Dubs

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Red Rockets

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Stephen A Smith

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, 1 of 6 shooting is pretty efficient. Okay, wow he got some free throws.

ffs. Why are you so hung up on people saying Harden is playing poorly in the last 4 games? It's obvious he has. He's had one good half. He's shooting 36% from the floor and 18% from 3s. He's averaging 24/5/5. So, he's not even getting a bunch of assists. He's had almost as many turnovers as assists in the last 4 games.

If the Warriors had some how won the last two games, the talk EVERYWHERE would be how Harden choked again in the WCF (and rightfully so).

But you've won. So, just be happy with that, and be okay with the fact that it's your team that has got you those wins over despite the way Harden has played.

How do Cleveland go if James averages 24/5/5 on 36% from the floor. They would have been swept by Indy for one.

Well apart from him not being able to hit a three, he did alright. Amazing how the Rockets were +8 with him on the court dominating the ball.............Paul was great in the second half

Sure, he plays his part.

But these playoffs have not been one giant James Harden MVP tour, so it's ridiculous to pretend they have been. He's been pretty good overall, but not spectacular. He's put up some decent numbers, but below his regular season standards, particularly re. efficiency.

And yes he's the top dog on a team that is one win away from the Finals, but they key word is team. I mean, why no shout out to Eric Gordon for his timely performances against the Dubs? Why not give Ariza some props? PJ Tucker has been awesome, when is he going to get his due?

If you're not careful a Houston Rockets championship team might pass you by because you're more focused on trying to 'prove' Harden is the best.

Harden can't find his three point shot, So he decided to drive and get fouled.

Most players just decide to drive and then see what happens from there o_O

Weren’t we told once Jim Harden never has 5/15 games?

5/21 doesn't count, technically it's not 5/15.

lol it is the only shot he has struggled with. He took too many of them early today and once he decided to drive more, he was far more effective
He was still shooting it in crunch time

He’s missed 19 in a row and is etched in playoff history for most misses from 3 in playoff history. Struggled is an understatement

Yeah, 1 of 6 shooting is pretty efficient. Okay, wow he got some free throws.

ffs. Why are you so hung up on people saying Harden is playing poorly in the last 4 games? It's obvious he has. He's had one good half. He's shooting 36% from the floor and 18% from 3s. He's averaging 24/5/5. So, he's not even getting a bunch of assists. He's had almost as many turnovers as assists in the last 4 games.

If the Warriors had some how won the last two games, the talk EVERYWHERE would be how Harden choked again in the WCF (and rightfully so).

But you've won. So, just be happy with that, and be okay with the fact that it's your team that has got you those wins over despite the way Harden has played.

How do Cleveland go if James averages 24/5/5 on 36% from the floor. They would have been swept by Indy for one.
lol ok mate, The Rockets won and everyone did their part.......3-2 up

Just for the record Harden has shot over 50 percent inside the arc in every game in the series..........just can't get his three point shot going

no doubt he was in the gym after the game practising them as well

Sure, he plays his part.

But these playoffs have not been one giant James Harden MVP tour, so it's ridiculous to pretend they have been. He's been pretty good overall, but not spectacular. He's put up some decent numbers, but below his regular season standards, particularly re. efficiency.

And yes he's the top dog on a team that is one win away from the Finals, but they key word is team. I mean, why no shout out to Eric Gordon for his timely performances against the Dubs? Why not give Ariza some props? PJ Tucker has been awesome, when is he going to get his due?

If you're not careful a Houston Rockets championship team might pass you by because you're more focused on trying to 'prove' Harden is the best.

Most players just decide to drive and then see what happens from there o_O

5/21 doesn't count, technically it's not 5/15.
Just because i don't post it here doesn't mean i don't give them props elsewhere. I mostly just respond to other posts here. I do post a lot of that stuff on my Rockets facebook group

Just for the record Harden has shot over 50 percent inside the arc in every game in the series..........just can't get his three point shot going

5/10 is not over 50% Let’s not overstate things please. #respectthenumbers

Just because i don't post it here doesn't mean i don't give them props elsewhere.

Cool, well one can only go by what you post here.

And most of what you post here makes you sound like you love Harden more than Houston, which is bemusing.

I mostly just respond to other posts here. I do post a lot of that stuff on my Rockets facebook group

Well, your original unprompted post was "about time Paul showed up".

It was a silly thing to say to begin with, and it has only aged badly since. But what would I know, I haven't watched all 97 Houston games this season :drunk:

Cool, well one can only go by what you post here.

And most of what you post here makes you sound like you love Harden more than Houston, which is bemusing.

Well, your original unprompted post was "about time Paul showed up".

It was a silly thing to say to begin with, and it has only aged badly since. But what would I know, I haven't watched all 97 Houston games this season :drunk:
I'm a Rockets fan for many years......like all the players. Don't most fans focus on the stars more than the non stars most of the time....i'm not the only here that does it

Exactly... even Harden. He gave your guys so many opportunities to get offensive rebounds :D

Who cares when you miss a million 3s.

So, he wasn't after Game 2, 3 or 4 when he shot poorly from 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't most fans focus on the stars more than the non stars most of the time

Perhaps Kobe fanboys back in the day.

Couldn't get along with Shaq? Shaq's fault.

Couldn't get along with Phil Jackson? Jackson's fault.

Lakers subsequently went to s**t? Everybody else's fault.

Kobe shoots too much? Everyone else's fault for being sub-par teammates.

Kobe consistently misses in clutch time? The numbers are wrong.

Kobe not equal with Jordan as the GOAT? Everyone else is a hater and a Jordan sycophant.

I'm beginning to think Kerr really struggles with changing things up when a team forces his players and the offence out of their usual rhythm. In the 2015 finals it took him several games to work out that Bogut was killing their offence and Iguodala needed more minutes. In 2016 the Cavs basically shut Curry out of the series and now in the conference finals a team with Curry, Klay, Durant and Green on the floor together is somehow struggling to score buckets. I'm aware that the Rockets are doing a good job defensively and forcing Durant into isolations that may end in him scoring but ultimately make the offence a lot less dangerous. But to me a team with that level of firepower and basketball IQ should not be struggling so hard to score. It's on the players as well, but Kerr needs to change things up a bit. They need god mode Steph to win this series more than they need Durant scoring 35.

Back