FTA-TV Years and Years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
A BBC/HBO production, set in Britain, focusing on one family impacted by a near future dystopia.

It's a leftist wet dream. It features every woke and diversity element they could cram in. A gay couple, a mixed race couple, a mixed race lesbian couple, a refugee, a transgender kid, a woman in a wheelchair. It doesn't just hit you over the head with the inclusivity stick, it rams it up your arse and rogers you senseless. Like I was watching a big budget year 10 production. Throw in ham fisted references to - climate change alarmism, Trump alarmism, Brexit alarmism, populism turns into fascism alarmism, technology alarmism, health alarmism. Black Mirror does this so much better - without the cliched political garbage.

Despite all that, most of it was fairly watchable, just that the ending was a bit s**t. Rory Kinnear was excellent as usual. Emma Thompson was good as the populist polly. The soundtrack was distracting at times, like they were trying to compensate for lack of drama in the script.

5/10. You would probably like it if you like The Handmaid's Tale.

Watched the first two on SBS, I'm still undecided.

They seemed to like focusing on the sex life of the gay brother. The sex life of the sister in the wheel chair was more interesting, lol.

The last time I saw the eldest brother (Rory Kinnear), I think he was ******* a pig on Black Mirror or it could have been as a copper in The Imitation Game.

and sorted she's not a transgender kid, she's a trans human kid, I actually don't mind the character.(that's of course if it's the character you're referring to)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back