Streaming Yellowstone

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The writing fell off a cliff this season. Some completely unrealistic actions with no consequences. Seems they have ramped up the violence at the expense of good story development. Took a fair chunk of screen time setting up the jimmy spin off and it’s got me stumped why his character is the one they’ve used for that. Boring. Some of the treatment of the young kid Beth adopted was ridiculous. Hopefully it improves once again next season.

As someone else posted though, 1883 has been brilliant.

Just started S4. Bit of a meh opening. All they seemed to do was run round shooting without any real context.
Also don't really get the point of Beth and that kid. Just detracts from the show. Too much veering from the context.
Favourite characters are the Indians and their plotting. Kind of barracking for them
Jamie's absence interesting

Just started S4. Bit of a meh opening. All they seemed to do was run round shooting without any real context.
Also don't really get the point of Beth and that kid. Just detracts from the show. Too much veering from the context.
Favourite characters are the Indians and their plotting. Kind of barracking for them

The Kid is living a mirror of Rips upbringing. There is also the fact Beth can’t have kids of her own. There is plenty of context around

The Kid is living a mirror of Rips upbringing. There is also the fact Beth can’t have kids of her own. There is plenty of context around
I get all that but they've already done enough of that. Need more of the plotting and intrigue from all sides.
Plus I can't stand Beth.
Update Jamie back. Should stand up to Beth. He's the AG now I get their history but she is annoying.
My barracking
1 Indians
2 Developers/ those going after the land
3 Jamie
4 Jimmy (What is he doing? He has an absolute babe he is throwing that and he's life away for people who cgaf about him or respect him
5 cowboys
6 Dutton's (do like Kacee thou)
Do also like the flashbacks of the history of the evolution of the land

Last edited:
I get all that but they've already done enough of that. Need more of the plotting and intrigue from all sides.
Plus I can't stand Beth.
Update Jamie back. Should stand up to Beth. He's the AG now I get their history but she is annoying.
My barracking
1 Indians
3 Jamie
4 Jimmy
5 cowboys

You need to catch up mate. It all unfolds

Speaking of Rip don't know that marriage works in the scheme of the show.
He's best as a character as the henchman who sort of on the outside. In first seasons he fought his corner because if the land goes he is left without a chair. Now he sort of has a parachute and detracts the character. Chemistry between the 2 was better without

Speaking of Rip don't know that marriage works in the scheme of the show.
He's best as a character as the henchman who sort of on the outside. In first seasons he fought his corner because if the land goes he is left without a chair. Now he sort of has a parachute and detracts the character. Chemistry between the 2 was better without

Catch up and report back

Catch up and report back
A lazy Arvo watching. Half way through.
Not getting the whole story line. All of a sudden they find the militia and appears over.
Good twist with Jamie and his father but needs to explain how it all works. Just been the cell mate doesnt explain it.
No one seems to run things except Beth thou don't get the ME storyline. John is too busy contemplating Kasey has family dramas and Rip is busy playing husband. Maybe it changes but the kid storyline is pointless.
Indian chief and Mo need more airtime. While temporarily allied with Dutton he's playing a long game.
Don't really care about the bunkhouse drama. Lloyd thou should tell Rip to f right off but knows he's stuck and too old. Only way it works if you go retrace the history of some like Walker. Otherwise wtf would they put up with it? Just leave move interstate in the middle of the night and be done.
Jimmy should've run off with the gf. He doesn't want the cowboy life.

Reckon the shows gone off too far on a growth and development factor and too little on the the scheming and powerplays which made it good. Strategic thinking of Jamie and what he will do and the chief is interesting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not getting the whole story line. All of a sudden they find the militia and appears over.
Good twist with Jamie and his father but needs to explain how it all works. Just been the cell mate doesnt explain it.
No one seems to run things except Beth thou don't get the ME storyline. John is too busy contemplating Kasey has family dramas and Rip is busy playing husband. Maybe it changes but the kid storyline is pointless.
Indian chief and Mo need more airtime. While temporarily allied with Dutton he's playing a long game.
Don't really care about the bunkhouse drama. Lloyd thou should tell Rip to f right off but knows he's stuck and too old. Only way it works if you go retrace the history of some like Walker. Otherwise wtf would they put up with it? Just leave move interstate in the middle of the night and be done.

Reckon the shows gone off too far on a growth and development factor and too little on the the scheming and powerplays which made it good. Strategic thinking of Jamie and what he will do and the chief is interesting.

…well have a read of the past two pages to see my disappointment when you have finished

Just you wait.... On Jimmy... Just you wait
Your boy levels up in many many ways

Plus I can't stand Beth.
My barracking
1 Indians
3 Jamie
4 Jimmy (What is he doing? He has an absolute babe he is throwing that and he's life away for people who cgaf about him or respect him
5 cowboys
She’s the perfect woman.

She’s the perfect woman.
The perfect women are the barrel racers.
In between 2 shows now (succession and ys) Shiv>Beth.
Shiv is a total bitch but doesn't hide it. She uses politics and a seat at the table to manovere into position.
Beth is an unhinged lunatic. Yet she has these moments of trying to pass off as some higher purpose.
In a way a shame as the actress is great. But the writing is all over the shop. First she hates the dad than is friends, tells Kasey to move than strategies. In a weird way Jamie is probably worse but comes across as someone you barrack for.

The perfect women are the barrel racers.
In between 2 shows now (succession and ys) Shiv>Beth.
Shiv is a total b*tch but doesn't hide it. She uses politics and a seat at the table to manovere into position.
Beth is an unhinged lunatic. Yet she has these moments of trying to pass off as some higher purpose.
In a way a shame as the actress is great. But the writing is all over the shop. First she hates the dad than is friends, tells Kasey to move than strategies. In a weird way Jamie is probably worse but comes across as someone you barrack for.

Couldn’t get in to Succession. Very boring.
Beth = Hot bad ass

Couldn’t get in to Succession. Very boring.
Beth = Hot bad ass
Yellowstone is the better show. Better acted but the writing is all over the shop.
Writing in Succession good but for some reason it doesn't come off.
Yellowstone I love the multifaceted elements and changing alliance. Succession is just a fight over inheritance.
Unpopular but if I was a writer I'd kill off the John Dutton character. He just sort of sits around grumbling but wields power without using it. That shoot out scene lost me. He basically orders hits like coffee yet than has all this rustic honour.
He goes the kids have to battle and manage and all the other sharks move in.
Jamie could use the law to his side v Beth's money and everyone picks a side.
Speaking of characters need more of the Governor. She was great and sort of ties the competing interests.
Kill of Dutton and maybe the Texan horse riding guy and a few superferlous bunkhouse characters. Not really needed.

Last edited:
Yellowstone is the better show. Better acted but the writing is all over the shop.
Writing in Succession good but for some reason it doesn't come off.
Yellowstone I love the multifaceted elements and changing alliance. Succession is just a fight over inheritance.
Unpopular but if I was a writer I'd kill off the John Dutton character. He just sort of sits around grumbling but wields power without using it. That shoot out scene lost me. He basically orders hits like coffee yet than has all this rustic honour.
He goes the kids have to battle and manage and all the other sharks move in.
Jamie could use the law to his side v Beth's money and everyone picks a side.

But then we won’t have Costner :(

But then we won’t have Costner :(
Costner's good but I reckon he would of nearly been better off cast in a different role perhaps. Like a Lloyd more substantial version) or the Governor. He nails the dialogue and ruthless schemer but doesn't really suit the empire figure in this and a violent brawler holding his land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back