MRP / Trib. Yeo offered a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable that he is missing this week over that incident... But I don't blame the club I blame the system.

Not worth the 2 week risk, but we shouldn't be put in that position in the first place.

MRP is an absolute joke

Don't start becoming Dockers.

As Simpson says, we will just need to find a way. That is the Hawks motto and if we go into our shell on every bit of bad news or sh1tty decision, we deserve a team that capitulates.

Well it's a good thing I am not associated with the club in any way and thus my mindset is irrelevant.

Don't start becoming Dockers.

As Simpson says, we will just need to find a way. That is the Hawks motto and if we go into our shell on every bit of bad news or sh1tty decision, we deserve a team that capitulates.
my expectations after the bulldogs game was that we were gonna be what carlton is so I am pleased with Simmos coaching style and pleased my expectations have changed , i am confident the game plan will be the same and while Our man Yeo probably makes us a 3 goal better side we will still get the job done

Grasping at straws with the "Oh well it will be good to give him a rest" idea.

He's in red hot form at the moment and showing no sign of fatigue. If anything it's a pain in the dick that continuity in his game is being broken up.

Especially with our bye only a few weeks away.

Certainly his ability to hit the scoreboard hasnt dropped off but he was well down on touches compared with the last month.

Maybe he was being closely checked, which wouldve allowed Shuey off the chain, or maybe he had a niggle and spent more time out of the contest? Still had plenty of tackles..

One of the big disappointments here is if he was being closely checked and still exposing the opposition pushing forward, that attention now reverts to Shuey who is coming off a BOG.

It actually shouldn't have even been talked about at all after the free kick. There's just no way that anyone should be suspended or even reported for this kind of incident. Tim Watson can EAD.

The fact is, Yeo has been suspended for slightly mistiming a spoil. If he went to mark it instead and hit Webster with an open hand it wouldn't have been looked at. How can you suspend a bloke for mistiming a spoil?

He didn't even mistime it. The contact happened with Yeos arm at full extension and almost touching the footy - was a textbook attempted spoil. Contact was subsequent and made with the inside of the wrist because of the players diverging angles. The umpire was spot on that it didn't deserve 50m much less this bullshit travesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside info from the legal team was that other angles not shown on tv indicated it was careless and therefore they were not confident he would get off the charge. with this in mind now i'm glad they didn't contest it.
Hmm.. just as I suggested ;)

He threw an arm and wasn't watching the ball. Deserved a week, if it was one of our players or not

Grasping at straws with the "Oh well it will be good to give him a rest" idea.

He's in red hot form at the moment and showing no sign of fatigue. If anything it's a pain in the dick that continuity in his game is being broken up.

Especially with our bye only a few weeks away.
Your just upset you will have to keep it in your pants for 2 weeks !

I think that its complete bullshyte that he got cited, but i agree with the Eagles decision NOT to challenge. The MRP love making examples out of clubs and my thoughts are that they rubbed out Yeo because of the amount of blood from the guys nose. Its not a good image for AFL

We will miss Yeo's explosiveness, his marks around the ground and goal kicking ability. I wonder if this will tempt the MC to bring in Darling - an ideal replacement for Yeo.

Gutted we aren't challenging. I enjoy following the appeals in general; they're even better when they involve us. Nothing like stickin' it to the man.

Time to look for positives. The only positives I can see in this is that:

(1) the team is confident of getting up this week without Yeo;

(2) the team is confident that the game in Tassie against North is winnable, and want Yeo fit and firing to give us the best possible chance; and

(3) our preparation this week is not affected by the appeal side-show.
The positive is that this year almost every player who has come in to replace an established player has played well.
Hope it continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back