CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Fantastic news from our premier HBF (soon to be midfielder).

Yeo has signed a 5 year deal which will tie him to the club until 2023. There was some speculation it could get drawn out but thankfully he's showed his loyalty.

I think it's safe to say we can thank FatPizza for that.

Now that we can turn our full attention to Gov, he needs to be signed ASAP.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-12-15/yeo-commits-long-term

“It’s a great feeling to have the contract settled at this early stage so I can concentrate on the pre-season and preparing for 2018,” Yeo said.

“When I came to the club four years ago it was about being around my family and that has definitely helped me both on- and off-field.

“I have really enjoyed being home and the club has been great for me.

“It’s a really exciting time for the club with so much happening as well as and a very different looking squad. We’ve brought in a lot of new players over the last couple of years and I look forward to being a part of the new era.

“It’s always a bit sad to see blokes like Pridda (Matt Priddis), Buts (Sam Butler), Mitch (Sam Mitchell) and Drew (Drew Petrie) retire, but we have some really talented young players ready to come through and now as one of the more senior players I am looking forward to taking on a bit more responsibility.”

Yeo is the archetypal midfielder at 190cm and 87kg and with Priddis and Mitchell vacating the centre square, he could spend more time in the club’s engine room in 2018. To this point of his career he has oscillated between half-back and the midfield.

Craig Vozzo, General Manager – Football, said the club was delighted to have Yeo commit to a long-term deal.

“Clearly, Elliot is a very important player for us and we expect him to be central to our short- and long-term plans, so it makes sense to sign him on a long-term deal,” Vozzo said.

“To have him committed to the club until at least the end of the 2023 season is a terrific outcome for both Elliot and the club.

“Although Elliot won the John Worsfold Medal in 2017, we believe he has his best football ahead of him and we are all excited about that.

“He also has an important role to play with the leadership of our young players and he is continuing grow in that respect as well.”

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
tenor.gif

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Fantastic news from our premier HBF (soon to be midfielder).

Yeo has signed a 5 year deal which will tie him to the club until 2023. There was some speculation it could get drawn out but thankfully he's showed his loyalty.

I think it's safe to say we can thank FatPizza for that.

Now that we can turn our full attention to Gov, he needs to be signed ASAP.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-12-15/yeo-commits-long-term
Thanks for the shout out. You have no idea how much work behind the scenes was involved to make this happen.

Back