Win Prizes Yeoman Robins Need A Logo! ($30 Prize)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
G'day guys

Breather of the Yeoman Robins (Tasmania) is looking for a new logo for his club. The club has made strides in turning around its recent on field woes and are looking to foster a positive, attractive image for the club.

The club nickname is the 'Robins' which I hear is common in Tasmanian footy, and the logo currently used (below) is also a common depiction of the nickname, so the club is looking for a logo that distinguishes them from similarly named teams.
12246764_1617836198466961_9159204478823216461_n.jpg

The style is to be that of a more traditional logo, such as a shield or roundel, which wouldn't look off kilter on club garb. The club colours are red and black.

A cash prize of $30 will be rewarded to the entry picked by representatives of the club. Post entries in this thread, as well as any questions.

Last edited:

So am I right in saying they don't want to be the robins anymore?

I'm hoping guys like ScottFreo, El_Scorcho, Bacon Warrior and DiamondGuy, whom I would class as some of BigFooty's best logo designers, can absolutely topple my design. Just wanted to create something of semi-decent quality to set a benchmark so Yeoman get the best possible logo design. :)

Last edited:
Thanks TheFreightTrain but I've seen too often how these competitions go. I don't see any way of providing a solution the client will like, given such a vague brief. I'm assuming those $30 are Fijian dollars too.

Maybe we could work together with suggestions for minor refinements to your design (above), which is already on the right track.

($7.50 each.)

Thanks TheFreightTrain but I've seen too often how these competitions go. I don't see any way of providing a solution the client will like, given such a vague brief. I'm assuming those $30 are Fijian dollars too.

Maybe we could work together with suggestions for minor refinements to your design (above), which is already on the right track.

($7.50 each.)

Oh, so very true, having worked as a freelance designer for a number of years now, I get my clients to state a very clear brief and sign a contract to commit to the project. I mean, look at the Haggis Cup thing, the guy hasn't been online for over a week. Not trying to sound like a cynical bugger, but I agree that these competitions aren't the most... reliable things in the world.

That being said, Breather could very well be a top bloke and I hope he pops in now and again to provide feedback and ensure the competition follows through the completion! :)

I agree with the sentiments above but I hold optimism for real world competitions on the board, especially ones involving local footy because to be brutally honest the standard, visually, is appalling. Not to mention unique logos and jumpers are few and far between.

Big fan of the first two designs guys! Great stuff!
I'm not going to be disappearing, I used to check BigFooty at least a couple times a day when I wasn't a member.
I honestly appreciate the effort and goodwill that you guys put in to this sort of thing and I will definitely be here to make a final decision.

As far as a deadline is concerned, I hadn't really thought of that, our Pre-Season starts on the 25th, so I'd like to have a few options to show the guys by then.

Thanks again everyone!

My mate is from Swindon in the UK, he's a mad supporter of their long suffering football team Swindon Town FC. These logos are from the Motorcycle club and football club.

Here's a few of their logos that can be inspiration for YFC:

swindon.jpg

swindon.jpg

Swindon%20Town%20Old%20Badge2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys!
Bit of an update:
The logos submitted in this thread will be taken the clubs board on the 29th of December. If accepted it will become the clubs offical logo!
However, if none of the options are selected, I will select the best one with a few members of the playing group and the winner will still be payed for their efforts!

Keep up the good work!
The YFC appreciates your efforts!

I already had a logo based on a Robin drawn up, but so far I hadn't used it for anything.

Here it is adapted for Yeoman. I'd love some feedback from Breather and from everyone else.

sPT0gj3.png
Red looks weird around the face. Try another shade of grey.

It's kinda criminal you've managed to come up with a better logo for a amateur side you have no idea about in less than 2 days than any other new logo we've seen in the AFL.

Haha, cheers.

I won't mention that I started it at about 2pm this afternoon then. It did come together really well tho, I've got a couple of other projects I'm working on that I've been working on for weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back