Yet another Jumper thread - is it time the club listened yet?

Should the Eagles use the Wings design for all jumpers, and do away with White as a colour?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
With the preview of the dig deep jumper against Brisbane, it's time to raise this topic. The recent Bombers clash thread also highlighted the love for wings design, disdain for the tri-panel (and white clash jumper) by a large amount of Eagles supporters, and even other club supporters.

My personal belief is the Eagles should the following strips:

Navy (yellow wings)
- Home
- Finals vs Bulldogs

Royal (yellow wings)
- Away
- ALL finals (except Bulldogs)
- Home v Carlton

Yellow (blue wings)
- Away v Bulldogs
- Dig Deep Game (Home)
- Any other Away games when royal is deemed a clash

Benefits
* traditional wings design consistent between all jumpers
* allows club to keep preferred Navy for home (merchandise reasons I believe)
* allows Home supporters to see Royal at subi on some occasions
* eliminates AFL justifcation for making us wearing white shorts with Royal at home
* prevents the dark + white "increased" clashes the current home jumper creates
* promotes sales of Yellow as a special Dig Deep jumper (=$$ + a cool jumper)

The club would still have 3 jumpers - but they would be 3 GOOD, instantly recognizable Eagles jumpers.

Any idea on how to get the club to listen to the fans that want to promote/ keep/ start a Wings jumper tradition?

Could a jumper expert add mock-ups of all 3 wings jumpers with the current logo?

The problem is that we're too successful* so the club doesn't really need to make supporters happy. Clubs like the Bulldogs do anything to keep their members happy, whilst we're happy to keep shitty jumpers in just so we can release a special edition peril every few years and roll in the cash.

Also * the merchandising reasons, royal > navy. We can wear a royal jumper and have navy merchandise. It's still blue.

*Obviously not really a problem

With the preview of the dig deep jumper against Brisbane, it's time to raise this topic. The recent Bombers clash thread also highlighted the love for wings design, disdain for the tri-panel (and white clash jumper) by a large amount of Eagles supporters, and even other club supporters.

My personal belief is the Eagles should the following strips:

Navy (yellow wings)
- Home
- Finals vs Bulldogs

Royal (yellow wings)
- Away
- ALL finals (except Bulldogs)
- Home v Carlton

Yellow (blue wings)
- Away v Bulldogs
- Dig Deep Game (Home)
- Any other Away games when royal is deemed a clash

Benefits
* traditional wings design consistent between all jumpers
* allows club to keep preferred Navy for home (merchandise reasons I believe)
* allows Home supporters to see Royal at subi on some occasions
* eliminates AFL justifcation for making us wearing white shorts with Royal at home
* prevents the dark + white "increased" clashes the current home jumper creates
* promotes sales of Yellow as a special Dig Deep jumper (=$$ + a cool jumper)

The club would still have 3 jumpers - but they would be 3 GOOD, instantly recognizable Eagles jumpers.

Any idea on how to get the club to listen to the fans that want to promote/ keep/ start a Wings jumper tradition?

Could a jumper expert add mock-ups of all 3 wings jumpers with the current logo?

This is the perfect scenario for mine. Just need to find away to make the club listen.

Needs more ochre

greervrfver.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't you use twitter aswell for the wings petition, coxy?*

*know **** all about twitter

Because both of his followers are corporate accounts for banks :p

But the real travesty is the Tom Swift's hair page has 18 likes, get to it people.

I like the way Snrub thinks.

Back