Multiplat Yooka- Laylee

Remove this Banner Ad

They removed Jontron's voice from the game because he had non-game related opinions they didn't like, and when backers were unhappy about it and requested refunds, they started permanently banning them, even though they helped make the game.

It's the new Mighty No. 9 at this point; the game will be a complete failure.

They removed Jontron's voice from the game because he had non-game related opinions they didn't like, and when backers were unhappy about it and requested refunds, they started permanently banning them, even though they helped make the game.

Everything so far has pointed to this game being the complete opposite of Mighty No. 9. The game has been praised by nearly everyone who has got to play it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The politics behind the game is an effing mess but the game itself may be fine.

Everything so far has pointed to this game being the complete opposite of Mighty No. 9. The game has been praised by nearly everyone who has got to play it
Who?

Also, I was speaking in relation to consumer reaction. It's overwhelmingly negative right now and it will affect sales significantly. This is what happens when you try to appease an audience that had no intention of playing your game; just stupid.

Who?

Also, I was speaking in relation to consumer reaction. It's overwhelmingly negative right now and it will affect sales significantly. This is what happens when you try to appease an audience that had no intention of playing your game; just stupid.
If you go on YouTube and see any site involved with games they will say how much they like playing it, Jon Trons fans are the only ones being vocally negative about the game and that is hardly the majority of people that will buy this game, massive overreaction imo

I had to Google who JonTron was and this is what came up, calm down with the hyperbole.

The Kickstarter-backed game Yooka-Laylee has been hit with dozens of refund requests after removing popular YouTuber JonTron as a voice actor from the game.

post-29513-there-are-dozens-like-us-gif-I-NYgW.gif

If you go on YouTube and see any site involved with games they will say how much they like playing it,
What site? The ones who's job is to promote these games? You're better off waiting for real people.

Jon Trons fans are the only ones being vocally negative about the game
Based on absolutely nothing.

I'm not a Jontron fan, I never watch his videos, and I've been buzzing for this game for years now; Banjo Kazooie is one of my all-time favorite games. I'm no longer touching this game because I don't want to give money to idiots.

What about the developers and community managers banning the very people who backed the game? Move along, nothing to see here?

and that is hardly the majority of people that will buy this game, massive overreaction imo
Again, based on nothing.

I had to Google who JonTron was and this is what came up, calm down with the hyperbole.
So you read one article you found on google (which you didn't even cite, so it's probably some nothing website), and now you think you have all the information needed for an informed view?

Why don't you make a thread enquiring about a refund on their forums/steam page? You won't need some amateur article to know what happens then.

Good Lordy.

At the end of the day it's Playtonic's game. They can do whatever they want, as can the consumer.

All I'd say is the majority of people who buy games are not on forums talking about games.

I for one am not concerned by Playtonic's decision at all and feel sorry for people who won't get to experience Yooka-Laylee because of this issue.

So you read one article you found on google (which you didn't even cite, so it's probably some nothing website), and now you think you have all the information needed for an informed view?

Why don't you make a thread enquiring about a refund on their forums/steam page? You won't need some amateur article to know what happens then.
Are you this JonTron flog?

All I'd say is the majority of people who buy games are not on forums talking about games.
The majority of people who don't browse forums probably haven't heard of Yooka Laylee.

I for one am not concerned by Playtonic's decision at all and feel sorry for people who won't get to experience Yooka-Laylee because of this issue.
Don't be. I can only feel good knowing my money won't be going to bigoted idiots. Also it's a Kickstarter game so there's about a 90% chance it'll disappoint anyway.

Are you this JonTron flog?
91,000 posts? Think you need to get a life mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back