Multiplat Yooka- Laylee

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting ripped part by reviews.
Yup. Seems to be that the nostalgia they were going for extends to everything that was wrong with the games in the 90's. Stuff like camera angles were forgivable back then, but not now.

PS4 version is getting smacked a lot harder review-wise than the others.

Will still get it, just on sale and probably on the Switch.

I think the only thing I've seen that irks me is the repetitive sounds whenever there's some dialogue. That's irritation personified right there. Nothing turning down effects in the pause menu won't solve, though.

I think the only thing I've seen that irks me is the repetitive sounds whenever there's some dialogue. That's irritation personified right there. Nothing turning down effects in the pause menu won't solve, though.

That's one trope they could have left in the 90s

No reason to not do voices now days

Pretty hyped for this game.

Will be our feature game on our next podcast.

Come check out the Game Train Podcast, you can find us on Facebook, Itunes and any other podcast search engine, get on board!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The camera is certainly a bit of a nuisance sometimes and leaves you a little disconcerted but it hasn't impacted my time with the game in any way, shape or form. Granted I'm probably an hour in, but I have a feeling I'm going to love this game a whole bunch.

Pretty good game from my perspective! Yeah, the camera can be a little ******* and non-compliant but you get used to managing it to the point it's not front of mind. It's definitely Banjo with a different skin. The characters have some charm, the music is great and it's moderately challenging for a seasoned platform lover. You have to love this type of game to enjoy it, I'll say that, but the investment seems worth it so far.

Pretty good game from my perspective! Yeah, the camera can be a little ******* and non-compliant but you get used to managing it to the point it's not front of mind. It's definitely Banjo with a different skin. The characters have some charm, the music is great and it's moderately challenging for a seasoned platform lover. You have to love this type of game to enjoy it, I'll say that, but the investment seems worth it so far.
Must be nice being able to play this game........my game is a week late seriously pissed about it, sure it doesn't help that the release date is near Easter but come on whats the deal!

Ive been watching some playthroughs and all i want to do is play the damn thing

Must be nice being able to play this game........my game is a week late seriously pissed about it, sure it doesn't help that the release date is near Easter but come on whats the deal!

Ive been watching some playthroughs and all i want to do is play the damn thing
Same for me.

Would have been better off not backing it and just buying it on release day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back