York 2001 gym help with weights workout please

Remove this Banner Ad

Rooaholic

Rookie
Jan 21, 2010
Wyndham Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
G'Day my name is Michael I'm 18 years of age turning 19 in May.
I play footy for Glen Orden Sports Club :footy:.
And On the weekend i finally pick myself up a home gym it is a york 2001 home gym gr8 little gym to get me started and i do not have a clue what type of techniques i should do to get me bulked up for the footy season and next footy season. I am recently coming off a hip operation in July and had a year off Footy and all types of activities.
Anyways i started preseason 4 weeks ago and i really want to get my fitness up and lose some weight and bulk up muscle wise as i am getting looked at by the coach to play seniors.
If someone can help me with a fitness reseme kinda thing as i really need to bulk up and lose the kilos, and get fitter
I am 6'1 foot and weigh 105 kgs so please some one help me im in desperate help as i live with my mum and she does not no anything about weights thanks Michael
Equipment i have is:
Punching Bag, Skipping Rope, York 2001 home gym, Bench Press, 15 Kg solid Dumbells, Treadmill and Wrist and ankle weights hope you can make me an efficient workout like the Afl players get to bulk up during off season cheers :)

Have a look at Weight Training for Australian Football authored by Con Hrysomallis, David Butttifant and Nathan Buckley.

I would also suggest posting your question on this site www.davedraper.com - it is a site focussed on body building and strength training - steer clear of the body building side of things - you want function not form. Dan Martin, a renowned strength training coach regularly posts there.

Lift heavy and go hard.

Have a look at Weight Training for Australian Football authored by Con Hrysomallis, David Butttifant and Nathan Buckley.

I would also suggest posting your question on this site www.davedraper.com - it is a site focussed on body building and strength training - steer clear of the body building side of things - you want function not form. Dan Martin, a renowned strength training coach regularly posts there.

Lift heavy and go hard.

Thanks for that will have a look on website and look out for the book to cheers :thumbsu: :)

you're focus should be losing fat, 105 is too heavy and will hold you back in every way and you don't have long really

you'l want to train 6 days a week alternating wts and cardio days and you'll need to eat as clean as possible

training

1 - static lunge / low pulley cable row / push up / high pulley pulldown with a pronated grip / prone brace in a circuit...don't count reps just do each exercise for 30secs resting 30secs between exercises and 2mins btw circuits...start with 3 of these and see how you go

2 - reverse lunge / db row / sa shoulder press / high pulley pulldown with a supinated grip / side ab brace again the same way

alternate these 2 wt workouts

cardio

1 - get out and run 400's...don't go full pace straight away or you'll get 200m into it and you'r speed will slow dramatically, try and keep a constant pace...time it and rest 3 x that time...once your time decreases 10% from your first one, go home...do that for 2 weeks then rest twice the time it took to do it x 2 weeks then rest the time it took to do it for another 2 weeks

2 - tempo runs which are basically the same but they are over 70m or so so you'll run faster...no neeed to time these just run, trial off until you are walking (don't pull up suddenly) then walk to the finiosh line and go again...finihs when you feel quality/speed decreasing

again alternate through these 2

food

solid protein and veggies everytime you eat which should be 5 times a day minimum...you can add in some fruit around training time and also add some oils and nuts to 2 or 3 of those meals...don't count cals, just eat proper foods...giving up the grog will help too

there's some good stuff at my site which is on footy, go to new site thread

you're focus should be losing fat, 105 is too heavy and will hold you back in every way and you don't have long really

you'l want to train 6 days a week alternating wts and cardio days and you'll need to eat as clean as possible

training

1 - static lunge / low pulley cable row / push up / high pulley pulldown with a pronated grip / prone brace in a circuit...don't count reps just do each exercise for 30secs resting 30secs between exercises and 2mins btw circuits...start with 3 of these and see how you go

2 - reverse lunge / db row / sa shoulder press / high pulley pulldown with a supinated grip / side ab brace again the same way

alternate these 2 wt workouts

cardio

1 - get out and run 400's...don't go full pace straight away or you'll get 200m into it and you'r speed will slow dramatically, try and keep a constant pace...time it and rest 3 x that time...once your time decreases 10% from your first one, go home...do that for 2 weeks then rest twice the time it took to do it x 2 weeks then rest the time it took to do it for another 2 weeks

2 - tempo runs which are basically the same but they are over 70m or so so you'll run faster...no neeed to time these just run, trial off until you are walking (don't pull up suddenly) then walk to the finiosh line and go again...finihs when you feel quality/speed decreasing

again alternate through these 2

food

solid protein and veggies everytime you eat which should be 5 times a day minimum...you can add in some fruit around training time and also add some oils and nuts to 2 or 3 of those meals...don't count cals, just eat proper foods...giving up the grog will help too

there's some good stuff at my site which is on footy, go to new site thread

HI mate cheers for your help much appreciated where do i find your website? I couldn't find it

Strength wouldn't be a massive issue, being quite a heavy lad bud.

You'd aim to define the muscle, dumbells alone would be enough + plenty of running/skipping. That is all. 7 days a week training is too much, you get run down and not enough recovery time. Have two days off a week, one day in the middle of the week and one on Sat/Sun. During recovering though; dynamic stretching, water, vegetables, chicken, rice, etc is essential. Get the nutrition right, you'll be fit and firing in 4 weeks.

If you wanna bulk up You should work one muscle catagory at a time like arms on monday which is bi tri and forearm then back the tuesday chets wednesday legs thursday shoulders friday. But for footy if ur a big lad your better off doing more reps lighter weights. Due to if u use heavy weights and less reps u will get bigger and then u become slower. BUt you should also do alot of cardio too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back