Norm Smith Medallist
- Dec 22, 2006
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- Tottenham Hotspur
1. Extra game = extra revenue, I would anticipate the Tasmanian team would almost be self sufficient from the get go.1. Spend money, negligible extra revenue.
2. Spend money, negligible extra revenue.
3. Spend money, no extra revenue (AFLPA would need to be bought off big time to agree to this).
5. Spend money, negligible extra revenue in the short-medium term.
6. Write off an investment of hundreds of millions before it has a chance to pay off.
7. Spend money, negligible extra revenue.
So...After you drive the AFL broke, what are you going to do then?
nb. This seems to be a common theme of many of the suggestions in this thread....spend more, earn less...
2. AFL already puts funds into VFL and state leagues which they would pull back, additionally could sell sponsorship and TV right to the reserves comp.
3. I agree AFLPA would need a bigger slice to agree, but I think this still needs to be done.
5. Without crucnching numbers but if every AFL famiky paid $300 for a league pass, would be a significant boost to revenue. I would imagine would still have some FTA games for marquee matches and GF so would still keep a significant amount of C7 revenue
6. By playing smaller drawing games at Princes park it would actually save money that is lost playing them at the big stadiums. AFL are already getting the ground up to AFL standard with AFLW so would cost nothing.