You’re AFL President for 10 years, what direction do you take the league into?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
For me,

Decision number 1 - reduce the amount of victorian teams and increased the amount of interstate teams in the AFL competition. My focus would be ultimately make this a truly national competition and completely cut through the VFL ties on the competition.

- Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton remain untouched.

- Retain Melbourne Demons, first ever club in aussie rules, maintain them for the history of the first ever club...nah kidding, cull them, this is my league and I get to make this decision.

They’re economical viable, through success and failure and that’s important here. They’re the backbone to the competition and their supporter bases are very large which will support the league throughout this change.

-Western Bulldogs, relocate them to W.A, where they can keep their name because well...They’re in the west of Australia, I would hire a team to find the proper area in W.A to relocate them. WA is strong enough for three teams. Instantly benefits Fremantle and West Coast, who will both play less Victorian games and a few more WA games.

- Relegate St. Kilda to a VFL team, their lack of success for the past 120 years is more than enough of a reason. (We’re down to 17 teams now)

- Northern Territory Kangaroos (red kangaroo as their mascot) to be christened as the first team from N.T where they can play games in Darwin, Alice Springs, Etc. Now we’re getting truly national. This is the relocation of North Melbourne.

- Coaster Cats (with a cat on a surf board as it’s mascot) will be Geelongs relocation and the end of Gold Coast Suns. Coaster Cats or ‘cats of the coast’ will done the wonderful Geelong colours and carry Geelongs history. Which works well for Gary Ablett too. They’ll represent a wider margin of the coast which includes The Sunshine Coast and Cairns, they can play home games along those major parts of the coast and give more people the opportunity to attend games. We’ve eliminated Gold Coast so we’re down to 16 teams now) Go Coasters

-Relocate Hawthorn to Tasmania, calling them Tasmanian Hawks, keeping the colours and the history.

- Include a third and fourth SANFL team in the AFL, to provide a passionate South Australia a great third team. Would allow all current clubs to vote on either Sturt, Norwood, South Adelaide, North Adelaide and West Adelaide

- Include another WAFL club - Subiaco based on history and success.

- Brisbane to rebrand to the Bears, Fitzroy Lions revived in a new and improved VFL competition, which will now include Melbourne Demons, Hawthorn Hawks, North Melbourne Kangaroos, Geelong Cats, St. Kilda Saints and Footscray Bulldogs, University to return too.

Overall -
VICTORIA
Collingwood Magpies
Carlton Blues
Richmond Tigers
Essendon Bombers

TASMANIA
Tasmania Hawks

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Adelaide Crows
Port Adelaide Power
Norwood Football Club
South Adelaide Panthers (?)

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
West Coast Eagles
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle Dockers
Subiaco Lions

QUEENSLAND
Brisbane Bears
Coaster Cats

NORTHERN TERRITORY
Northern Territory Kangaroos

NEW SOUTH WALES
Greater Western Sydney Giants
Sydney Swans

2. Bring back state of origin.

3. Bring back Champions of Australia tournament to include top teams of all state leagues to go against the top teams of the national league.

4. Fund grassroots and state leagues to make them produce great talent, have state games as curtain raisers to AFL games to give fans more value and players more opportunity to be seen by a wider audience.

5. review fixture, every team to play each other once, teams from same state to play each other twice for 22 games per year, won’t be perfectly fair, but wayyyyyyyy better than current system.

6. work with state governments to increase capacity to adelaide oval and Perth stadium, grand finals to be played in the state of the finalist that wins the right to a home advantage, won’t work for tassie, and Northern Territory because of small stadiums

7. Give myself a pay rise for creating an equal competition.

8. Rewrite history to make VFL premierships stand as VFL premierships and AFL premierships to remain as AFL premierships, for example, Collingwood will only have two AFL premierships 1990 and 2010, whilst they’ll have 13 VFL premierships.

9. Support former AFL sides in their relegated leagues financially.

10. Rebuild Victoria Park and increase capacity to be Collingwoods home ground, same with Optus Oval for Carlton, Richmond to stay at the MCG, and build a brand new stadium in Tulla for the bombers. Work together with clubs, state and government to fund these, provide facilities for the community to use.

11. ban clubs from investing in gaming.
And I retire, boom,

For me,

Decision number 1 - reduce the amount of victorian teams and increased the amount of interstate teams in the AFL competition. My focus would be ultimately make this a truly national competition and completely cut through the VFL ties on the competition.

- Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton remain untouched.

- Retain Melbourne Demons, first ever club in aussie rules, maintain them for the history of the first ever club...nah kidding, cull them, this is my league and I get to make this decision.

They’re economical viable, through success and failure and that’s important here. They’re the backbone to the competition and their supporter bases are very large which will support the league throughout this change.

-Western Bulldogs, relocate them to W.A, where they can keep their name because well...They’re in the west of Australia, I would hire a team to find the proper area in W.A to relocate them. WA is strong enough for three teams. Instantly benefits Fremantle and West Coast, who will both play less Victorian games and a few more WA games.

- Relegate St. Kilda to a VFL team, their lack of success for the past 120 years is more than enough of a reason. (We’re down to 17 teams now)

- Northern Territory Kangaroos (red kangaroo as their mascot) to be christened as the first team from N.T where they can play games in Darwin, Alice Springs, Etc. Now we’re getting truly national. This is the relocation of North Melbourne.

- Coaster Cats (with a cat on a surf board as it’s mascot) will be Geelongs relocation and the end of Gold Coast Suns. Coaster Cats or ‘cats of the coast’ will done the wonderful Geelong colours and carry Geelongs history. Which works well for Gary Ablett too. They’ll represent a wider margin of the coast which includes The Sunshine Coast and Cairns, they can play home games along those major parts of the coast and give more people the opportunity to attend games. We’ve eliminated Gold Coast so we’re down to 16 teams now) Go Coasters

-Relocate Hawthorn to Tasmania, calling them Tasmanian Hawks, keeping the colours and the history.

- Include a third and fourth SANFL team in the AFL, to provide a passionate South Australia a great third team. Would allow all current clubs to vote on either Sturt, Norwood, South Adelaide, North Adelaide and West Adelaide

- Include another WAFL club - Subiaco based on history and success.

- Brisbane to rebrand to the Bears, Fitzroy Lions revived in a new and improved VFL competition, which will now include Melbourne Demons, Hawthorn Hawks, North Melbourne Kangaroos, Geelong Cats, St. Kilda Saints and Footscray Bulldogs, University to return too.

Overall -
VICTORIA
Collingwood Magpies
Carlton Blues
Richmond Tigers
Essendon Bombers

TASMANIA
Tasmania Hawks

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Adelaide Crows
Port Adelaide Power
Norwood Football Club
South Adelaide Panthers (?)

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
West Coast Eagles
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle Dockers
Subiaco Lions

QUEENSLAND
Brisbane Bears
Coaster Cats

NORTHERN TERRITORY
Northern Territory Kangaroos

NEW SOUTH WALES
Greater Western Sydney Giants
Sydney Swans

2. Bring back state of origin.

3. Bring back Champions of Australia tournament to include top teams of all state leagues to go against the top teams of the national league.

4. Fund grassroots and state leagues to make them produce great talent, have state games as curtain raisers to AFL games to give fans more value and players more opportunity to be seen by a wider audience.

5. review fixture, every team to play each other once, teams from same state to play each other twice for 22 games per year, won’t be perfectly fair, but wayyyyyyyy better than current system.

6. work with state governments to increase capacity to adelaide oval and Perth stadium, grand finals to be played in the state of the finalist that wins the right to a home advantage, won’t work for tassie, and Northern Territory because of small stadiums

7. Give myself a pay rise for creating an equal competition.

8. Rewrite history to make VFL premierships stand as VFL premierships and AFL premierships to remain as AFL premierships, for example, Collingwood will only have two AFL premierships 1990 and 2010, whilst they’ll have 13 VFL premierships.

9. Support former AFL sides in their relegated leagues financially.

10. Rebuild Victoria Park and increase capacity to be Collingwoods home ground, same with Optus Oval for Carlton, Richmond to stay at the MCG, and build a brand new stadium in Tulla for the bombers. Work together with clubs, state and government to fund these, provide facilities for the community to use.

11. ban clubs from investing in gaming.
And I retire, boom,

Subiaco have been great for the last 20 years, but arguably the smallest WAFL club with a very average history.

You could have just said "I'll kill the league", it would have been way easier to type out
Relocating north Melbourne and relegating st Kilda is strengthening the league. Giving a strong western and south Australia an extra few teams will create a fairer competition against a heavily skewed Victorian league, what you want me to do? Keep north and kill off Essendon? 😂 Gotta remove the smaller team, and allow them to play in the smaller leaguer instead.

Alright, lets see...

First things first - we all know that professional athletes do not require rest. So I propose that in the late spring-early summer months we run an AFL World Series of Handball, where all 18 clubs are forced to participate in a massive European handball competition. Sure, it’d probably cut into the preseason a bit, but the winner would get a big financial incentive. It would replace International Rules.

Secondly - We are playing games in Tanzania. There is an untapped potential market there waiting for us to take it. The proposed fixtures we will be sending over are Adelaide vs Port Adelaide, Carlton vs Collingwood, West Coast vs Fremantle, Essendon vs Hawthorn and Richmond vs Gold Coast. We will build a facility known as the Tanzanian Super Dome specifically for these games.

Third - Place expansion teams in Singapore, Calgary, Tijuana and Port Moresby. We will stagger these expansion teams into the league at a pace of one every two-three years. This will also accomodate our growing number of Mexican players who may wish to return home to be close to their family.

Fourth - Toby Greene is the only guy I want representing the AFLPA. I will use his assistance to help ensure the tribunal process goes down a lot smoother, as he has proven to be a stand up guy throughout his career.

Fifth - I will give myself a pay raise, and blame the missing money on the cost of building the Tanzanian Super Dome.

Sixth - Promise Tasmania a team in 11 years time.

Oh wait nvm, scratch that last one...

Works for me :moustache::moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relocating north Melbourne and relegating st Kilda is strengthening the league. Giving a strong western and south Australia an extra few teams will create a fairer competition against a heavily skewed Victorian league, what you want me to do? Keep north and kill off Essendon? 😂 Gotta remove the smaller team, and allow them to play in the smaller leaguer instead.

I was actually talking about every other awful choice you listed. But yeah, the "Northern Territory Kangaroos" are probably the second worst idea on your list, behind putting a surfboard on Geelong's logo. I can just imagine you typing that out and thinking, "that's so siiick!!"

Say no to money - make the following changes.

1. Cut the number of rounds to 17 (increase if/when a club is added)
2. Clubs control players for first 6 years of service with set wages for first 4 years and arbitration available for last 2 years
3. Increase salary cap to reward those who become free agents (7+ years)
4. Reserved seating not purchased can be used by anyone come GameDay
5. Grand final played at top qualifying home ground
6. Turn down music/entertainment in the breaks so you can actually speak to people sitting next to you
7. Less commentators on tv each game
8. Stop moving home games interstate and especially overseas.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

1. Ban all gambling revenue
2. Liquidate the AFLPA
3. Players can't leave their club for 5 years (and if they do become ineligible for future afl drafts).
4. Get rid of the umpires and fit the ground out with better camera technology instead.
5. Get rid of GC and merge North with Melbourne.
6. Get rid of finals bye
7. Expel fans from the stadium for being too loud or unpleasant.
8. Pay players who aren't A grade closer to 150k wages.
9. Charge companies/people double for corporate boxes to help suppliment loss of gambling revenue.
10. Put Steve Hocking in my succession plan to take over for the next decade
11. Scrap the TV rights deal and renegotiate a new deal with ABC or SBS

Year 1
Non-Vic teams play games in Vic @ MCG against tenants
AFLW starts during the finals Bye week
Trade period starts monday after GF, runs until Oct 31. No trades (picks incl.) done after this date.
Rule changes: Push in the back n/a during a tackling scenario. Rucks can physically contest each other, only pushing your opponent in the air whilst you're on the ground is restricted

Year 2
Negotiate TV rights to Disney streaming service for $20bn over 10 years. Expect themes (money means you can do things)
Relocate Suns to NT (AFLW team included). NT suns have same access privileges as GCS in terms of zoning.
Keep Metricon for some exhibition games.
Build indoor stadium in Darwin. Build a community industry around the club.
Player movement changes: 2 year mandatory + 2 year club controlled contracts for all newly drafted players.

Year 3
St Kilda & North to VFL. 16 team comp to be the status quo for the time being
Expand the bench to 8 players and list sizes to 50.
30 round season with everyone playing each other twice

Year 4 - 10
Redevelop MCG, Marvel & reconfigure GMHBA
Probably do something about the Sydney stadiums too...expect Disney names.

-Make Brodie Grundy and Alex Rance bang in the middle of the MCG, Take away the MCC members because im sure about 60k Pies and 60k Richmond supporters would be keen.
-Cut out any player/official who has said anything about hong kong, or traveled to hong kong, have Enslave hong kong round
-Bring in the supergoal
-Bring in a Conference system
-Trade players against their permission across cities when they only make like 100k a year before tax and agent cuts
-No vegeterians because we're australian and we eat meat and drink beer!
-Let George Pell remain the number 1 ticketholder of Richmond
-Live microphone for new host of friday night games Gretel Killeen, Replaces commentators as well.
-Let players put bets on because it helps with gambling revenue unlocking a bunch of well paid men to piss their dollars away, will help with re-negotiating a new sponcership deal.
-Kicking backwards and marking is now automatically play on.
-Expand to Tasmania
-Get pokemon go to have rare spawns like mewtwo/ect. at the game so people attending can catch rare pokemon usually unavailable.
-Put in measures so no nuffie who has posted in this thread could ever touch our game because what im posting is stupid i cant believe people's half serious ideas. Whats wrong with our education system? Probably sell the game and force another 2-3 years of schooling for our young generation, or at least safeguards to stop cousins banging
-For the last measure probably relocate Geelong to W.A. because my safeguards for cousins banging has drasticly dropped the population growth of Geelong and there is no more growth in the area

Last edited:
And whether someone is being 'unpleasant' is decided by whom?

Anyone. If they're loud and feral throw them out!

Usually they are drunks looking for attention and no one gives a s**t they're extremely unpleasant. Anyone can spot the type. Hard to make a mistake and throw the wrong people out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back