NO TROLLS You’re Not Alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you considered adoption?
Yes. Louis was a rescue dog so we are familiar with that. We're wanting a smaller dog. Maybe a Staffy. This is what Louis Charmstrong looked like 20210316_151320.jpg

I got a black dog to help combat the Black Dog.

4daff2ac60cd064547829c5d066cafd7.jpg

Also keeping up my fitness regime, so that even on days when I feel like I’ve achieved nothing, during a lockdown in which we aren’t allowed to do anything, I can still get a sense that I’m having a little win here and there.
A beautiful looking dog you have there

A beautiful looking dog you have there

Why thankyou! She’s a delight, a happy lab. Full of mischief and a twinkle in her eye. :)

EDIT: I should add, as it’s getting topical in this thread, she’s also a rescue of sorts. A family in NSW couldn’t continue to care for her, as the mother had health issues. I took her on, and after getting her vaccinations brought up to date, the vet told me she had to lose 5kgs as she was overweight. Three weeks running with me every day, she’d dropped 7kg! So I upped her food, about which she was very pleased.

Last edited:

Yes. Louis was a rescue dog so we are familiar with that. We're wanting a smaller dog. Maybe a Staffy. This is what Louis Charmstrong looked like View attachment 1229194
My family have been very loyal to staffies all my life, and they've been much more loyal in return. Love those dogs

My family have been very loyal to staffies all my life, and they've been much more loyal in return. Love those dogs
I’m a cat person.
But I grew up with the “dog of the moment” dachshunds.
Very good woofers.
A word of warning for everyone. Beware the “Facebook, gumtree, meet me at the side of the road” sellers.
More than likely fuelling a puppy farm and a big risk of getting a sickly dog.
Avoid that heartache if you can.

Why thankyou! She’s a delight, a happy lab. Full of mischief and a twinkle in her eye. :)

EDIT: I should add, as it’s getting topical in this thread, she’s also a rescue of sorts. A family in NSW couldn’t continue to care for her, as the mother had health issues. I took her on, and after getting her vaccinations brought up to date, the vet told me she had to lose 5kgs as she was overweight. Three weeks running with me every day, she’d dropped 7kg! So I upped her food, about which she was very pleased.
lol...the labs certainly love their food, i think it will be a life time monitoring of food intake.

Years ago now we had a cross eyed brown lab, many instances of rushing him to the vet due to over-eating (breaking into food containers and stealing food). On one occasion we had a trailer load of bread for the cows, he snuck into the cow paddock, gorged that much bread he couldn't get back under the fence. We found him lying on his back on top of the bread pile moaning in pain as he ate that much bread.

Labs, they are truly lovely dogs though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello friends. First post in this thread, so thought I might share something important to me.
I have decided to stop drinking for a while. Don’t know how long yet, but just know I need to do it.

Hello friends. First post in this thread, so thought I might share something important to me.
I have decided to stop drinking for a while. Don’t know how long yet, but just know I need to do it.
Good luck with it Jmac

No IPAs to talk about. That would be the equivalent of my magpies failing to turn up for all further feeds, the beagle becoming a quadriplegic and no longer requiring a walk and Louis the challenging chihuahua finding a new carer on Thursdays. But good luck with it. I am sure there is a perfectly good reason for your decision.

Your liver will love you for it!

One day at a time buddy. Awesome step to be taking.

Good luck and don't be hard on yourself if you slip. Just brush it off and get back on the Good Horse

Thought I would check in. A few bumps in the road but definitely on the improve. Have been having a couple of ultra low alcohol beers on weekdays whilst I cook dinner. Has helped a lot and they’re not too bad. After that I’m fine with a cup of tea.

Still love my IPAs and have a few beauties in the fridge for the weekend. Just need to sip slowly and only have a couple. That’s the challenge!

Thought I would check in. A few bumps in the road but definitely on the improve. Have been having a couple of ultra low alcohol beers on weekdays whilst I cook dinner. Has helped a lot and they’re not too bad. After that I’m fine with a cup of tea.

Still love my IPAs and have a few beauties in the fridge for the weekend. Just need to sip slowly and only have a couple. That’s the challenge!
You can do it!

I had a blow out watching the Grand Final and honestly felt terrible until mid week. Going to have another few weeks off now as my mental state was so much better not drinking. Bumps in the road are apart of it, I was no means an alcoholic but as I am getting older, drinking less is going to be a big key in getting to where I want to be I feel. Good luck 👍

I had a blow out watching the Grand Final and honestly felt terrible until mid week. Going to have another few weeks off now as my mental state was so much better not drinking. Bumps in the road are apart of it, I was no means an alcoholic but as I am getting older, drinking less is going to be a big key in getting to where I want to be I feel. Good luck 👍
You too mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back