Opinion You all need to take a step back

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Young team, going to have ups and downs. Team got their act together in the second half and showed fight and spirit. They will learn from the experience.
My anger and rage after the loss is solely towards White. Lack of attack and being soft is unacceptable in my opinion. Especially from a guy his size. And to a lesser degree Cloke. If our highest paid player and our number 1 kpf has taken a mark 15m out from goal I as a supporter should not have my heart in my mouth, suffering an anxiety attack, shi**ing bricks, wondering if he will kick it or not. It should.....no must be a given that he will.

Don't go to the footy then, simple
No need, the fair weather whingers all left at half time. Missed a fair comeback too, which without a few momentum-killing bonehead moments could have really turned in to something.

No need, the fair weather whingers all left at half time. Missed a fair comeback too, which without a few momentum-killing bonehead moments could have really turned in to something.

I have to admit that I stayed in the bar after half time.

Yep. Young team, going to have ups and downs. Team got their act together in the second half and showed fight and spirit. They will learn from the experience.
My anger and rage after the loss is solely towards White. Lack of attack and being soft is unacceptable in my opinion. Especially from a guy his size. And to a lesser degree Cloke. If our highest paid player and our number 1 kpf has taken a mark 15m out from goal I as a supporter should not have my heart in my mouth, suffering an anxiety attack, shi**ing bricks, wondering if he will kick it or not. It should.....no must be a given that he will.

Plenty to like about the team and the development left in them, but agree with your points ottoman.

White has been holding off the bouncing ball all year, rather than attacking it full throttle. Geez they teach you not to do that in junior footy.

Clokes goal kicking is seriously embarrassing. It unbelievable to think he could walk over to the crowd, grab any bloke who has ever played footy, and in his stead they would have better conversion from 15m than him.

Last edited:
Plenty to like about the team and the development left in them, but agree with your points ottoman.

White has been holding off the bouncing ball all year, rather than attacking it full throttle. Geez they teach you not to do that in junior footy.

Clokes goal kicking is seriously embarrassing. It unbelievable to think he could walk over to the crowd, grab any bloke who has ever played footy, and in his stead they would have better conversion from 15m than him.

Cloke is a seriously frustrating player. Despite that he sits in 9th position for goals kicked for Collingwood in our entire history. Not too many blokes sitting in the stands could do that.

Cloke is a seriously frustrating player. Despite that he sits in 9th position for goals kicked for Collingwood in our entire history. Not too many blokes sitting in the stands could do that.

I don't dispute that.

But would still prefer them kicking at 15m.

I don't dispute that.

But would still prefer them kicking at 15m.

So would I but we all know that he will continue to miss too many of these goals. He will also continue to kick goals from 50 meters out from the boundary. The positive is that he is durable and probably has another three years or more left.

im happy just watching nba on reply on fox :)
Stick to basketball then - the point of this thread is to promote positivity, something you clearly have no concept of let alone the ability to carry out. All of your posts in here thus far have been completely pointless - you've already banged on about the sum total of two poor kicks in posts on other threads this weekend. So watch your NBA and spare us the knife throwing.

Stick to basketball then - the point of this thread is to promote positivity, something you clearly have no concept of let alone the ability to carry out. All of your posts in here thus far have been completely pointless - you've already banged on about the sum total of two poor kicks in posts on other threads this weekend. So watch your NBA and spare us the knife throwing.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)

The main concern for me is that we don't have those 'downs' too regularly! Every 6 to 7 weeks can be expected but if it starts happening more often than that I'll be a tad concerned.

Seriously.

I have seen so many posts calling pretty much our entire forward line s**t, our pressure hopeless, and that we should drop White and Cloke.

Did I miss the years of consistent performances from White that made him immune from being dropped?

Cloke wont/cant be dropped as it would probably break him mentally.

The only thing more annoying then getting destroyed by the cats is campaigners on big footy taking the high ground about how they support the team no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really.
How so?
They have been better than us for all of the last decade bar 2006 and 2010. The results are pretty categoric. Heasd to head and year end ladder backs that up but looking at the games it's pretty clear.

Its taken me a while to come to the same conclusion as you but I have, plus I now see that he is very soft.
Time to give his position to Gault or Moore (after injury) and let them grow into it because White (IMV) will never be the answer

I no huge White fan but ........................

If Gault took 9 marks and kicked 2 goals there'd be a parade for him down Smith St.

Travis Cloke's kicking is poor, highlighted mainly within 25m. It always has been and probably always will be. He was a vital player in the 2010 year and leading up to it, though when they were winning he was still praised as one of the best key forwards in the game, and his goal kicking was still poor back then.
The difference now is that the Pies aren't winning like they once were and he has now become a whipping boy. Though people were perfectly happy having him in the team when they were winning.
He is frustrating and always will be within 25m of goal, but he is still a good player and important to the forward structure.

I still think any highly paid key forward should be able to kick routine goals, but it is what it is. His kicking issues have always been there, just appears that it is a bigger problem for many when the team isn't winning like they were 5 or so years back.

Last edited:
Geelong beat us by 36 points in 2010 and we now how that ended. They jumped us in the first 1/4, that wont happen next time we play them

Add to that nothing went wrong for them, flukey snaps from 50m on the boundary always being a goal whilst under immense pressure. Their entire young midfield all having their best game for the club during the same match. Simply won't be repeated again. That's not to say we'll win, but it wasn't an accurate reflection of where Geelong are actually at, and the people who think so clearly dont watch non Collingwood games.

Add to that nothing went wrong for them, flukey snaps from 50m on the boundary always being a goal whilst under immense pressure. Their entire young midfield all having their best game for the club during the same match. Simply won't be repeated again. That's not to say we'll win, but it wasn't an accurate reflection of where Geelong are actually at, and the people who think so clearly dont watch non Collingwood games.
Totally agree . We weren't on. They were. I've mentioned this in another thread but the last 14 teams that have played (and mostly beaten Carlton) have lost the ext week. I watched the last quarter last week and thought the pies were going at half rat power. they carried that lack of momentum into Friday night's game. Geelong are not special. Any one will look special when the other team isn't on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back