MFC Fans Only You Are a Melbourne Board Member

Do We Sack Neeld Tonight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interested to see so many No's being given here. Not saying that choice is wrong, just interests that after all of that you still want the guy to coach the club.

Yes, we are going no where with Neeld and the longer we stick with him the worse we are going to get.

Neil Craig to take over as care taker coach. But at the same time he is auditioning for the senior role.

With Neeld gone it opens the door for someone to come in also. Paul Roos wouldn't be the sort of bloke that would back stab Neeld but if Neeld is gone it gives us all year to go after someone like Roos. We can also start targeting others like Ratten, mark Williams ect.. If we can get a new coach in during the season they then can have a proper look at the playing list and make changes this coming off season

If we had a solid replacement lined up (Roos, Eade, Matthews... anyone with a record verging on respectable, so not Terry Wallace), I'd say yes. We don't though, so no. When you lose a game like this, always like to see the following match to see if there's a 'reaction' from the players. If we get meekly rolled over in the matches leading up to the bye, spear him and give any Joe Blow who'll take the job on a crack.

I say we give Roos, Williams & Ratten a call on Monday and find out if any of them would be interested coaching us first.

If not we hold on to him until the end of the year, but he is effectively sacked, he just doesn't know it yet
Unless we can get Ross Lyon as his assistant I'd be giving Roos a miss. Figurehead at Sydney, Lyon was the brains of that operation. One of the reasons he has not coached since.

I vote no, the following reasons:

Doesn't help this season
No other options
I actually believe we will improve before seasons end

Very interested to see so many No's being given here. Not saying that choice is wrong, just interests that after all of that you still want the guy to coach the club.

I don't want him coaching the club but I also don't think he should be sacked tonight. Knee-jerk reactions are what got us in this hole in the first place. I just think we should throw all our support behind Peter Jackson and let him do whatever he feels is best. Guy makes more sense than anyone else at the club over the last few years.

I say no for now. If the season were past round 15, then I would be saying yes, but at Round 7 I just can't see the benefit in sacking a coach. We would end up with an interim / caretaker coach which isn't going to help us anyway and will just cost money.

Once we get near the end of the year we can tell Neeld he won't be continuing and openly start chasing Roos, Clarkson, Eade etc Our job advertisement needs to say MUST have experience as an AFL head coach.

doesn't matter how he got it, it's still not good to look at.

that's like saying the lady who got mauled by a chimp looks good.

View attachment 18020
So you take a serious fascination with people who've suffered severe facial injuries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, yeah facial injuries.

Back on topic guys.
back on topic, yes.

everything is ****ed and he is part of the problem. people will say we won't get better if we sack him. we wont be any better by keeping him either

No point sacking him. Wait out the year, tonight was a horrible loss, we were appalling, and poorly coached, but sacking him at this stage of the season just seems ridiculous.

As much as I'd love to get past this - no.

It serves no purpose sacking him before seasons end - Gold Coast aren't the easy beats they were, they're 3 and 4 after 7 rounds, and we fielded a very poor team IMO.

That said, I'd almost definitely sack him come seasons end - he isn't developing the players.

Watch the press conference....

"Not good enough' 'Ups and downs' '50 games or less was the average games played'....

Its the same.old.s**t

How many more times are we going to have to listen to this? Nothing is changing.
He thought that the situation was pretty amusing.

It solves nothing but we almost have to now don't we? We are getting worse and he is actually destroying the fabric and culture of the club .. Basically I'm wondering if we are gonna be worse off come the end of the year if he's still in charge .. s**t we will probably lose to GWS next time around

Back