You are Kidding Me Balwyn !!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

RMercadi

Senior List
Jul 31, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Rumour I just heard is that Balwyn has dropped all their young kids for tomorrow's Second Semi Final game against Norwood.

No players at all who are Under 23.

Seriously, are they that desperate to win the Div 1 Flag that they are willing to risk the future of the club by disaffecting the future backbone of the Club ???
I am usually the first person to support Balwyn, but seriously - dropping Interleague players, forwards who have kicked over 70 goals in the Reserves and also past young Grand Final players, would have to be one of the strangest and short sighted decision in years.

I only assume this is the wealthy presidents last year, and he wants to leave with a Premiership.

Any other idea why they would do this ???

Well, could I have misread this ??? Looking at the Balwyn side for the past couple of weeks, many of the younger blokes are back in.

Maybe its a cunning plan to run Norwood off their feet on the weekend ?

We'll all know at 5 p.m. tomorrow night.

Well, could I have misread this ??? Looking at the Balwyn side for the past couple of weeks, many of the younger blokes are back in.

Maybe its a cunning plan to run Norwood off their feet on the weekend ?

We'll all know at 5 p.m. tomorrow night.

Fair to say it worked

Bizarre selection decisions at Norwood. It's fair to say leaving out 3-4 of their big bodied players was a mistake, but they wouldn't have changed the result. Interesting post season coming up at Norwood.

Fair to say it worked
Even Balwyn supporters (not that there are many of them) are still in shock.

As for Norwood - at least their supporters still had the nouse to get stuck in to Barker when he was kicking for goal in the last quarter even when they were 99 pts down !!!!
I think Barker pointed to the scoreboard, (I think that they were already aware of the score Barks)

I only assume this is the wealthy presidents last year, and he wants to leave with a Premiership

Next year should be his last, as its Balwyn's 100th year as a club in 2016. So back to back a would be a nice farewell gift!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back