You Be The List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also referred to as 'every post by every person in every thread ever,' it's fair to say that people tend to rate themselves as the complete package. The coach, list manager, recruiting manager, CEO and Chairman of the Universe. Why just today some upstart decided to try and turn a preseason game thread into a tirade against esteemed recruiter Hamish Ogilvie. The horror.

The point is, here's your chance. Be the list manager or coach or whatever I don't care. Except it's my thread and my rules, it's a game not real life. Let go of your boner and have some fun, we aren't getting out of the bottom four.

Justify your selection or don't, you still won't get it right, but you'll tell yourself you did.

PICK ONE TO DELIST

[] Daniel Talia
[] Rory Sloane
[] Riley Thilthorpe

You going to cripple the defence, rip out the heart and soul or lose our future club champion?

PICK ONE TO TRADE TO PORT

[] Reilly O'Brien
[] Tex Walker
[] Tom Doedee

You going to give Port one of the missing pieces, give them a club talisman or go for trade value?

PICK ONE TO RE-SIGN FOR 5 YEARS

[] David Mackay
[] Matt Crouch
[] Jake Kelly

PICK ONE TO PLAY EVERY GAME NEXT YEAR

[] Chayce Jones
[] Ned McHenry
[] Billy Frampton

PICK ONE TO COME BACK

[] Bryce Gibbs
[] Jordan Gallucci
[] Andy Otten

PICK ONE DOOMSDAY SCENARIO
[] Crows keep the revolving door of youth at the selection table spinning each week
[] You get stuck in a room with Kane Cornes and Sam Maclure and you are NOT allowed to punch them in the face but you have to listen to them in podcast mode for the entire duration of the lengthy, lengthy stay
[] The band gets back together - welcome back to the club Chapman, Fagan, Pyke, Campo and JJ.

Oh, mine are s**t? Well you think of one okay?

The limited scope and absurdly different choices actually make this an interesting thought experiment. Well played.

PICK ONE TO DELIST - Thilthorpe - The long term futures of all of them is pure speculation, and the loss of any one of them could be recovered from with time. Cutting the other two guarantees a short term loss in addition to that.

PICK ONE TO TRADE TO PORT - O'Brien - more than serviceable player with limited scope for improvement, but has a lot of value for a team looking for a small but rapid improvement in the ruck. Also, he can now never be the off-field leader fans hope for, limiting the benefit of keeping him around. Easy choice

PICK ONE TO RE-SIGN FOR 5 YEARS - Crouch - Even when he's a poor fit for the team strategy and well below his best he's the only one of the three who will still be playing good footy for all 5 years.

PICK ONE TO PLAY EVERY GAME NEXT YEAR - Jones - All 3 were abysmal last year and look like they have no future. A good game from Jones has been known to occur

PICK ONE TO COME BACK - Gallucci - Would have been a harder choice if the other two weren't, in football terms, barely animated corpses at this point

PICK ONE DOOMSDAY SCENARIO - " The band gets back together - welcome back to the club Chapman, Fagan, Pyke, Campo and JJ." - Chapman was bad, but I've seen nothing out of Olsen to suggest he's an improvement. Fagan ultimately had limited impact. The last three are all, unfortunately, trading up from the current situation.

Far too easy

Delist Sloane
Trade Tex to Port
Re-sign Crouch for 5 years
McHenry to play every match
Gallucci can come back
I'd listen to Kane Cornes to prevent the club from getting worse

Also referred to as 'every post by every person in every thread ever,' it's fair to say that people tend to rate themselves as the complete package. The coach, list manager, recruiting manager, CEO and Chairman of the Universe. Why just today some upstart decided to try and turn a preseason game thread into a tirade against esteemed recruiter Hamish Ogilvie. The horror.

The point is, here's your chance. Be the list manager or coach or whatever I don't care. Except it's my thread and my rules, it's a game not real life. Let go of your boner and have some fun, we aren't getting out of the bottom four.

Justify your selection or don't, you still won't get it right, but you'll tell yourself you did.

PICK ONE TO DELIST

[] Daniel Talia
[] Rory Sloane
[] Riley Thilthorpe

You going to cripple the defence, rip out the heart and soul or lose our future club champion?

PICK ONE TO TRADE TO PORT

[] Reilly O'Brien
[] Tex Walker
[] Tom Doedee

You going to give Port one of the missing pieces, give them a club talisman or go for trade value?

PICK ONE TO RE-SIGN FOR 5 YEARS

[] David Mackay
[] Matt Crouch
[] Jake Kelly

PICK ONE TO PLAY EVERY GAME NEXT YEAR

[] Chayce Jones
[] Ned McHenry
[] Billy Frampton

PICK ONE TO COME BACK

[] Bryce Gibbs
[] Jordan Gallucci
[] Andy Otten

PICK ONE DOOMSDAY SCENARIO
[] Crows keep the revolving door of youth at the selection table spinning each week
[] You get stuck in a room with Kane Cornes and Sam Maclure and you are NOT allowed to punch them in the face but you have to listen to them in podcast mode for the entire duration of the lengthy, lengthy stay
[] The band gets back together - welcome back to the club Chapman, Fagan, Pyke, Campo and JJ.

Oh, mine are sh*t? Well you think of one okay?

Now this is a fun thread:

Delist: Rory Sloane - I know he's the captain but out of those three, he's likely finished.

Trade: Tex - Dude is over 30, Port can have our leftovers

Re-sign for 5 years: David Mackay and this is crazy enough that it needs a proper explanation. Crouch is a really bad fit for our midfield, has value, and is a crab at his worst. Jake Kelly is a poor footballer and is young enough to potentially be best 22 for five years, making Mackay seem like the least damaging option. At worst, it's comforting having him around as my whipping boy.

Play every game: McHenry. That was pretty easy

Come back: I was a big fan of Gallucci so I'd like a challenge next time please... considering the resign question, maybe not.

Doomsday scenario: I'll take one for the team and sit through Cornes and Maclure for a lengthy, lengthy stay.

Now this is a fun thread:

Delist: Rory Sloane - I know he's the captain but out of those three, he's likely finished.

Trade: Tex - Dude is over 30, Port can have our leftovers

Re-sign for 5 years: David Mackay and this is crazy enough that it needs a proper explanation. Crouch is a really bad fit for our midfield, has value, and is a crab at his worst. Jake Kelly is a poor footballer and is young enough to potentially be best 22 for five years, making Mackay seem like the least damaging option. At worst, it's comforting having him around as my whipping boy.

Play every game: McHenry. That was pretty easy

Come back: I was a big fan of Gallucci so I'd like a challenge next time please... considering the resign question, maybe not.

Doomsday scenario: I'll take one for the team and sit through Cornes and Maclure for a lengthy, lengthy stay.
We could re-sign Jake Kelly and then frame him for performance enhancing drugs so he gets a 4 year ban from ASADA

• Banned
Far too easy

Delist Sloane
Trade Tex to Port
Re-sign Crouch for 5 years
McHenry to play every match
Gallucci can come back
I'd listen to Kane Cornes to prevent the club from getting worse

Your cold, icy heart (evidence used for this slander is the dumping of two captains like it ain't no thang) makes this too easy. Harumph this took me 8 whole minutes!

Good job on taking one for the team with Cornes though- that wouldn't be easy.

Xoxo

• Banned
PICK ONE TO COME BACK - Gallucci - Would have been a harder choice if the other two weren't, in football terms, barely animated corpses at this point

Hand in the air I got lazy there. Should I have gone for Tippett or Hartigan?

I was just going for that angle of pure disappointment of what could have been with the Gooch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back