anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
I can't believ it.This is the first time I have been able to come in here for a while and post.Have you people not been told that Pavlich has re-signed with us?Surely this is the biggest topic in football for us.This is bigger than Carey or anything else and nobody has anything to say on it.:( :(
This is bigger than the LONG WAY TO THE TOP CONCERT I attendened on Saturday night.
C'mon people lets here it for the people of the board who must have done so much to influence Pav to stay and be part of the surge of the MIGHTY IMPERIAL PURPLE.

ozzult

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2002
P-Town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
They posted it on the Eagles board instead cos that's the only forum the Freo fans go to anyway.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Heehee. Its funny cause its true.

FreoDocker

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Like I said on the main board.

I'm stoked that Pav has re-signed.
I was pretty much thinking that he would be leaving, now all we have to do is sign up Hase, Longmuir, Cookie and grover and make sure we can keep all of these young blokes together.
It is great news and must have been a tough decision to make.
THANKYOU #29!!!!!!

S.J Rollin

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2002
Lathlain
AFL Club
Fremantle
This Fremantle Board is a bit like the public toilets in Russell Square... it would be nice to use it more often, but the number of freaks hanging around it sort of puts you off.

BTW, Pav talk is on the main board...the wet toast board makes minor mention of it and how nobody cheered when it was announced at Subi on Satuday evening....as if lack of crowd participation is something new at a weagles game???

Captain Random

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2001
Hiding under the desk
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Megan Gale
Originally posted by S.J Rollin
the wet toast board makes minor mention of it and how nobody cheered when it was announced at Subi on Satuday evening....as if lack of crowd participation is something new at a weagles game???
Heh. You have to hand it to Slim Jim - who'da thought anyone could make us feel nostalgic about Karl and his lamé (lame?) strides.

The most important/relevant thing to come out of all this Pavlich talk has been the discovery that Dennis Lillee is a keen Eagles supporter. Good on you Dennis.

RacerX

All Australian
Mar 25, 2001
Myaree
Other Teams
Fremantle Dockers
Is it just me or does anyone else think there is a strange coincidence between Pavlich re-signing with Freo and Carey announcing that he is going to Adelaide?

Tredders#16

All Australian
Oct 10, 2001
Strathalbyn, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Originally posted by RacerX
Is it just me or does anyone else think there is a strange coincidence between Pavlich re-signing with Freo and Carey announcing that he is going to Adelaide?

Sorry mate, I'm on the go-slows today, huh?

:confused:

Tredders#16

Monkey^Magic

Debutant
Aug 20, 2002
Other Teams
DOCKERS
The most important/relevant thing to come out of all this Pavlich talk has been the discovery that Dennis Lillee is a keen Eagles supporter. Good on you Dennis.

Read the article, thought the most important part was a footballer not using going home to mummy as an excuse to chase bigger money.

It's refreshing to see a young gun like Pav backing his side & looking to the future.:)

RacerX

All Australian
Mar 25, 2001
Myaree
Other Teams
Fremantle Dockers
It was just a thought that came to me earlier today. Pavlich was supposedly not going to make his decision till the end of the season, but suddenly he re-signs. He happens to re-sign on the same day Carey announces that he wants to play for Adelaide.

So i'm thinking that maybe Pavlich was seriously considering joining the crows. But once Carey opted for the crows a significant amount of crow salary cap was taken. Leaving no room for Pavlich.

Tredders#16

All Australian
Oct 10, 2001
Strathalbyn, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Originally posted by RacerX
It was just a thought that came to me earlier today. Pavlich was supposedly not going to make his decision till the end of the season, but suddenly he re-signs. He happens to re-sign on the same day Carey announces that he wants to play for Adelaide.

So i'm thinking that maybe Pavlich was seriously considering joining the crows. But once Carey opted for the crows a significant amount of crow salary cap was taken. Leaving no room for Pavlich.

I don't think that had anything to do with it, just quietly. I think Pav was more Port-bound than Cow-bound.

Tredders#16

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Originally posted by port1978
Pavlich probably decided to stay because he likes living in Perth better than Adelaide.......I know that's what happened with me! :)

Same here! The place really grows on you. :)

About the only thing I miss about Adelaide is going to the SANFL games.

Kick_a_hole!

Debutant
Aug 19, 2002
Ballarat
Other Teams
Geelong
I think it's good that Pavlich stayed (contrary to the Port whinging) because Freo need him in the long term development of the club, and as they seem to give away way too many players if they are to make the finals one year, he may have a big part of it!

milo

Club Legend
Suspended
Apr 18, 2002
South West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth, Man City
Originally posted by PrideofSA

Yeah but Pav may have retired by then!

The good thing about what you said is that you underestimate Freo - which more than likely your coach and players do as well.

Be warned - do this at your own peril. Your grotty SA clubs will pale into insignificance!:)

Back