• Patrick Cripps

• Zach Merrett

• Josh Kelly

• Rory Laird

• Matt Crouch

• Jack Billings

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would hesitate in using what the Cats did with Cameron as a template for other trades. The fact that they traded 3 first rounders for a player that will be 28 next year hints of extreme desperation. A very aged list that some would argue is approaching a precipice and almost a decade of final appearances with nothing to show for it. The natives are restless at catland and anything less than a premiership would be considered a failure. In other words our success at their expense has driven them slightly insane. In stark contrast since we have become successful all our trading and drafting has been about the long term, it's like the club looked at Hawthorn as some kind of cautionary tale.

Anyhow it's all academic, the really good ones on this list we can't afford and the others we don't really need. But yeah you're right if we were going to splurge 3 first rounders on one of those players it would have to be the Bont.
The only other player on that list i'd chase is kelly.
2yrs ago i would've had Cripps but as mentioned i think his body is just about shot.
So if not Bont or kelly then lets go to the draft.

I would hesitate in using what the Cats did with Cameron as a template for other trades. The fact that they traded 3 first rounders for a player that will be 28 next year hints of extreme desperation. A very aged list that some would argue is approaching a precipice and almost a decade of final appearances with nothing to show for it. The natives are restless at catland and anything less than a premiership would be considered a failure. In other words our success at their expense has driven them slightly insane. In stark contrast since we have become successful all our trading and drafting has been about the long term, it's like the club looked at Hawthorn as some kind of cautionary tale.

Anyhow it's all academic, the really good ones on this list we can't afford and the others we don't really need. But yeah you're right if we were going to splurge 3 first rounders on one of those players it would have to be the Bont.
GFC will be interesting. They're having a crack at a flag with 30 y.o. recruits. They are always up, I can't see them out of the 8 again. I hope we use FA for a KPF & trade well. Managing the exit of club champs is never perfect. Houli & Cotch seem the most shot physically. Then JR & Astbury. A year is a long time in a contact sport & injury gods will have a say.

Bont but he’ll stay , wouldn’t surprise at all if clubs made a big play for the overrated Kelly , not us I hope
If GWS have another bad year then Kelly will most likely leave imo , But i doubt he would leave to come play at Richmond for $600k
North will be whacking $1 million on the table

Bont is the captain and he wont leave the doggies and they would br able to pay him more than what we could anyway
Find our own Bont's

Agree, however, Bevo can be a very polarising figure at times and say things that gets players offside (I guess that can be true for most coaches - but Bevo particularly so) - if there is a way to get Bont it will be by these means if we are lucky. I think Bont will finish his career at the Doggies and revered like Hird was as a player at the Bombers (minus the drugs saga).

It's why I would support moving heaven and a little earth to get his prowess to Tigerland - some of his most influential footy may well be ahead of him still!

Agree, however, Bevo can be a very polarising figure at times and say things that gets players offside (I guess that can be true for most coaches - but Bevo particularly so) - if there is a way to get Bont it will be by these means if we are lucky. I think Bont will finish his career at the Doggies and revered like Hird was as a player at the Bombers (minus the drugs saga).

It's why I would support moving heaven and a little earth to get his prowess to Tigerland - some of his most influential footy may well be ahead of him still!
Bont will be getting offers of $1 mil plus x 5/7 years and he is captain who seems to be on the same page as the coach and it would less than a 1% chance to get him to leave the doggies and would be wanting to finish as a 1 team player and captain.

Bont will be getting offers of $1 mil plus x 5/7 years and he is captain who seems to be on the same page as the coach and it would less than a 1% chance to get him to leave the doggies and would be wanting to finish as a 1 team player and captain.

Same thought....different words

Reckon cripps would be gettable if carlton don't make finals , but I’ve got no idea if we could afford him , would love to get him purely for the carlton melts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon cripps would be gettable if carlton don't make finals , but I’ve got no idea if we could afford him , would love to get him purely for the carlton melts.

They demanded and got two first rounders for Gibbs, I shudder to think even with his injury concerns what they would demand for Cripps. Plus this is the club that sold us a lemon in Yarran for a first rounder. Essendon has a bad reputation as traders, these guys are not much better. If we were to splurge our trade capital I'd rather we'd deal with Footscray or GWS than this mob.

Last edited:
I would take any of cripps , bont , Kelly all, different
Types of midfielders but all guns
We landed 1 of them oppo melts would be off the planet.

A fit Cripps would be unbelievable in our midfield.

Cripps
Martin
Cotchin
Prestia
Edwards
Bolton
Lambert

it would be a frightening midfield proposition for any opposition

Back