Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Inspired by the famous 'UP YOURS OAKLEY' banner that was created by the Bulldogs fans when the AFL tried to merge them in the 1990s. James Brayshaw is the sole reason the SUNS exist in its current form. If it weren't for him we would be a relocated team called the Gold Coast Kangaroos and would be wearing the blue and white. He ran a campaign called 'Keep North at North' when he was elected president so I have produced a banner of our own! I know it's grammatically incorrect but so is the original Bulldogs version so I'm keeping with that theme. I would love to see this in the sunscreamers section every time we play North. I would also love to see how the Roos fans react if it were to make an appearance at Etihad Stadium :D

tkSuTsp.png

Last edited:
James Brayshaw has said he'll resign as North Melbourne president at the end of 2016 so how sweet would it be to win the 2016 grand final and hold up these signs! He rejected our city and treated us like we were nothing more than a way to make money. I resent that. So here is the original 'UP YOURS OAKLEY' banner.

JVeEOrr.jpg

I'd love to see that in the cheer squad at a game against Melbourne - * that would make me laugh!

Inspired by the famous 'UP YOURS OAKLEY' banner that was created by the Bulldogs fans when the AFL tried to merge them in the 1990s. James Brayshaw is the sole reason the SUNS exist in its current form. If it weren't for him we would be a relocated team called the Gold Coast Kangaroos and would be wearing the blue and white. He ran a campaign called 'Keep North at North' when he was elected president so I have produced a banner of our own! I know it's grammatically incorrect but so is the original Bulldogs version so I'm keeping with that theme. I would love to see this in the sunscreamers section every time we play North. I would also love to see how the Roos fans react if it were to make an appearance at Etihad Stadium :D

tkSuTsp.png

Pffft far to controversial for our cheersquad

James Brayshaw has said he'll resign as North Melbourne president at the end of 2016 so how sweet would it be to win the 2016 grand final and hold up these signs! He rejected our city and treated us like we were nothing more than a way to make money. I resent that. So here is the original 'UP YOURS OAKLEY' banner.

JVeEOrr.jpg
I remember seeing that slogan on a car many years ago. Never understood why someone would hate a brand of sunglasses so much they would make a bumper sticker against it.

I think the whole keep north south campaign was more about keeping the Roos at their spiritual home of more than 100 years, in a city where the majority of it's supporters live. It wasn't because we don't like the Gold Coast as a city or anything like you're suggesting. How would you feel if the afl tried to relocate the suns to cairns or Ipswich?

I think the whole keep north south campaign was more about keeping the Roos at their spiritual home of more than 100 years, in a city where the majority of it's supporters live. It wasn't because we don't like the Gold Coast as a city or anything like you're suggesting. How would you feel if the afl tried to relocate the suns to cairns or Ipswich?
We were willing to take them on and accept them as our own and Brayshaw and co just spat in our face. Look at the attendances before and after the announcement. We were getting behind them.

Like a said, it wasn't a fu to the Goldy it was a we are the north melbourne football club and want to remain the north melbourne football club type thing. North fans didn't want to see our club go the same way as fitzroy and the swans. I don't think you can hold that against us can you?

We were willing to take them on and accept them as our own and Brayshaw and co just spat in our face. Look at the attendances before and after the announcement. We were getting behind them.

What?? North Melbourne never agreed to relocate the the GC. There was an offer on the table that was declined by Brayshaw after being overwhelmingly voted in on a platform of no relocation for the Roos. If you or any of your fellow Jonny come lately fans take offence with Brayshaw for fulfilling his promise to the North members you are kidding yourselves in pursuit of a contrived reason to dislike another club. Your banner is so nonsensical it is downright embarrassing. At least the Footscray fans had a real issue to rally behind.

What?? North Melbourne never agreed to relocate the the GC. There was an offer on the table that was declined by Brayshaw after being overwhelmingly voted in on a platform of no relocation for the Roos. If you or any of your fellow Jonny come lately fans take offence with Brayshaw for fulfilling his promise to the North members you are kidding yourselves in pursuit of a contrived reason to dislike another club. Your banner is so nonsensical it is downright embarrassing. At least the Footscray fans had a real issue to rally behind.
That's your opinion. We were willing to get behind your debt ridden club until Brayshaw puled the pin. We got our own team as a result and I think all of us up here are happy about that. So, as the banner says, you can keep North!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but that is not entirely correct, I was a long serving member of North (more than 25 years) and it was the vitriol and bloody minded hatered of all things Gold Coast that finally made me sever ties with the club.

I understand peoples passion about their club but mindlessly attacking people even if you supported the stay in Melbourne fight (as I did) just because they live in Qld (and would therefore know nothing about football) made me realise that it was not a club that valued me so I would no longer value it.

Are you blaming or thanking Brayshaw??? Anyway it now appears you have more serious things to worry about, or somehow will Brayshaw be blamed for that as well?? Its a shame now as your side were seriously starting to grow but now this could set you back a bit.

Are you blaming or thanking Brayshaw??? Anyway it now appears you have more serious things to worry about, or somehow will Brayshaw be blamed for that as well?? Its a shame now as your side were seriously starting to grow but now this could set you back a bit.
Cant speak for others but I am thanking him, good result for North and a good result for the Coast with our own team. Win / win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back