Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
4 Episodes down and I'm enjoying it.

I actually think its better when its just Sheahan and Beast talking, however lucky for Sam he brings a bit of humour otherwise i don't think there is really a point of him being on it.

I enjoy it a lot. I giggled during e3 (when sam was gagged), and you could feel his rage and wanting to say something. I look weird laughing when working out.

i like how GT doesnt give a s**t
sam mentioned that trump is making usa great again. when mike asked why did their market crash, sam said it was because of trumps stance on china/imports and that obama was chinas lackey.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
These three boofheads have a very good chemistry, they all bounce off each other and have a clearly defined role to execute.

It is amusing when Sam jokes about GT being coach of St Kilda while their President was face-deep in a bowl of coke. He couldn't say something like that on Ch.9. It's refreshing (pun intended).

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This weeks episode was the best one. It's good that they mix it up and it's not all Footy talk.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I like it even though I don’t agree with the majority of the things they say, I just find it interesting to hear different views on things and in my own head mount the arguments as to why they are wrong. Hope that makes sense and doesn’t make me sound crazy haha

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
I like it even though I don’t agree with the majority of the things they say, I just find it interesting to hear different views on things and in my own head mount the arguments as to why they are wrong. Hope that makes sense and doesn’t make me sound crazy haha

I agree. Mike works well as the devils advocate. Without the voice to keep them in line and question them it wouldn’t work as well

Loved the latest episode when Sam basically said pay equality is stupid because most women don’t seek high ranking jobs as they are too worried about having kids. Mike couldn’t believe what he was hearing

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Maybe Sam hates Daniel Andrews so much because of his war on ice.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
@ 47m50s. What is being insinuated here? Mark Thompson visited a transgender person in a Thailand jail?

This was expanded upon in today's podcast.

Sam Newman talking about the '68 Olympics and Roger Norman with the two American athletes was a POV that you don't hear very often. When you see his plastic stretched face on TV you sometimes forget he is a 70+ yo man with very old-fashioned views.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
This was expanded upon in today's podcast.

Sam Newman talking about the '68 Olympics and Roger Norman with the two American athletes was a POV that you don't hear very often. When you see his plastic stretched face on TV you sometimes forget he is a 70+ yo man with very old-fashioned views.

What did he say

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
What did he say

He described the two Americans (Tommie Smith and John Carlos) as "clowns" and "two dumb athletes" for this from exactly fifty years ago.

John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ive been listening to this and its been allright. Its 3 old buggers ranting on but can be pretty entertaining. Ive always like GT. Their bit about Butterss being on the nose candy was pretty funny

However I just finished my 4th episode and i think im done. Sams grumpy,
antagonistic, anti pc schtick is just too over the top.

His rant about black athletes was a bit rich. Then he started talking about women being daft, happy to settle and not having the drive of men, that was a bit off too. Then when he started going off on one about the treatment of Trump i was out. He sounded like some wacked up conspiracy nut of the_donald.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
They should ask Mike about his annual top 50. I'd like to know if there were any kickbacks from player managers to get their client a smaller number.

No wonder he's the one Fitzy chose to speak to this week. A shill right to the end. Any chance Grant & Sam can do this podcast without him?

They should ask Mike about his annual top 50. I'd like to know if there were any kickbacks from player managers to get their client a smaller number.

No wonder he's the one Fitzy chose to speak to this week. A shill right to the end. Any chance Grant & Sam can do this podcast without him?

was fitzy on the show?

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I really like it. Its good to hear people in football who dont just spew the completely obvious, even if I dont always agree.

Its funny to hear Mike and Sam have an argument about something not football related where neither seem to understand what the other is talking about.

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
I can't decide if I like the hodgepodge of topics, circling back to things, no clear timing.
I think I do...some funny moments. I guess I like that Mike is left leaning, Sam right and Thomo is just unpredictable

Back