Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Great opportunity for him to sink the boots into Joe Biden, was thinking this might feature this week ha ha
probably not the place to ask, and mods please feel free to remove post, i thought throughout the conflict presidents of the past wanted to withdraw troops at various stages when it suited.

probably not the place to ask, and mods please feel free to remove post, i thought throughout the conflict presidents of the past wanted to withdraw troops at various stages when it suited.

Lol, you've asked yourself to consider removing your own post :tearsofjoy:

Great opportunity for him to sink the boots into Joe Biden, was thinking this might feature this week ha ha
I just listened to Kel Glare, another one who just laid into Dan Andrews over I cook foods amongst other things. This is getting boring,. they need to get someone from the other side and ask the hard questions of them. No point having a 1 sided argument with the same points said over and over and over.

I just listened to Kel Glare, another one who just laid into Dan Andrews over I cook foods amongst other things. This is getting boring,. they need to get someone from the other side and ask the hard questions of them. No point having a 1 sided argument with the same points said over and over and over.

Mate they wouldn't be able to get anyone from the other side to appear on the podcast. Andrews has always refused to appear on 3AW, there's no chance they'll go on something like You Can't Be Serious.

Mate they wouldn't be able to get anyone from the other side to appear on the podcast. Andrews has always refused to appear on 3AW, there's no chance they'll go on something like You Can't Be Serious.
They haven't got any intention of getting someone over though. They can get someone left leaning and have a discussion over it. I am sure they can get someone like that. They have brought in about 5 people from the opposite side and they keep saying the same thing over and over and All of it is circumstantial. But Sam says his usual "this is the greatest corruption of all time and how they get away with it blah blah blah". Its like parrotting the Murdoch press, no evidence, just say the same thing over and over and people will start believing it.
These guys are awesome in irreverent topics but the bias they have in politics is mind numbing. He played a soundbite today of some dude (sounded like Ben Shapiro) who was going on about Victorians not being able to exercise with the family as evidence that the rest of the world is laughing at us??? WTF of course we can exercise together, we just cannot do it outside for more than 2 hours with more than 1 other person.
Noone is laughing at us. We have had periods of way more freedom than the rest of the world for a lot longer than they have. WE just happen to have to lockdown a lot because of idiots who do the wrong thing.
Eh i have ranted too much lol

100%, surely there’s a left wing media commentator at least they can get on. Even the women they’ve had on (not many) generally think like Sam does, not much point

They haven't got any intention of getting someone over though. They can get someone left leaning and have a discussion over it. I am sure they can get someone like that. They have brought in about 5 people from the opposite side and they keep saying the same thing over and over and All of it is circumstantial. But Sam says his usual "this is the greatest corruption of all time and how they get away with it blah blah blah". Its like parrotting the Murdoch press, no evidence, just say the same thing over and over and people will start believing it.
These guys are awesome in irreverent topics but the bias they have in politics is mind numbing. He played a soundbite today of some dude (sounded like Ben Shapiro) who was going on about Victorians not being able to exercise with the family as evidence that the rest of the world is laughing at us??? WTF of course we can exercise together, we just cannot do it outside for more than 2 hours with more than 1 other person.
Noone is laughing at us. We have had periods of way more freedom than the rest of the world for a lot longer than they have. WE just happen to have to lockdown a lot because of idiots who do the wrong thing.
Eh i have ranted too much lol

That was Tucker Carlson I think.
With Andrew's tight grip on his social media profile and that of his party, I can tell you there's no chance anyone from the ALP would go on. Pakula may have been the most affable but I don't believe they have control over their own media opportunities.

With Andrew's tight grip on his social media profile and that of his party, I can tell you there's no chance anyone from the ALP would go on. Pakula may have been the most affable but I don't believe they have control over their own media opportunities.
i will take a left leaning commentator. Anyone will do

100%, surely there’s a left wing media commentator at least they can get on. Even the women they’ve had on (not many) generally think like Sam does, not much point

Nicola Charles, as much as I'd like to smash her, is pretty much batshit crazy.
Sally Capp was probably the closest to centre female that they've had on

I am not sure an ALP polly would gain much or anything from being on the podcast. They are skilled at spin and BS, and could deflect Sams opinions and statements for sure, but are you going to sway opinion? Same for any polly really, Libs or Nats....i cant explain it.....

Having said that, id like to offer an alternative pov. when rob gell was on the discussion was top notch. respectful and mature. Sam listened and contributed really well. So enjoyable. I dont feel sam went as hard as his pov dictates at Robs counter pov than if and when climate change was discussed earlier. So perhaps it maybe something of worth if a left leaning person of note joins the chat. Maybe. Im interested in your thoughts.

Similarly when mick gatto was on, walking on eggshells i felt when discussion turned to MGs mate the CFMEU/union leader.

I love this podcast

I am not sure an ALP polly would gain much or anything from being on the podcast. They are skilled at spin and BS, and could deflect Sams opinions and statements for sure, but are you going to sway opinion? Same for any polly really, Libs or Nats....i cant explain it.....

Having said that, id like to offer an alternative pov. when rob gell was on the discussion was top notch. respectful and mature. Sam listened and contributed really well. So enjoyable. I dont feel sam went as hard as his pov dictates at Robs counter pov than if and when climate change was discussed earlier. So perhaps it maybe something of worth if a left leaning person of note joins the chat. Maybe. Im interested in your thoughts.

Similarly when mick gatto was on, walking on eggshells i felt when discussion turned to MGs mate the CFMEU/union leader.

I love this podcast

Yeah it's a shame no one questioned him on his statement that John Setka should be the prime minister, worth a bit of examination I'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this podcast
I absolutely agree 100% with your statement about Gatto. Sam did turn to water and could've gone so much harder. Don attempted to at times but Gatto is a pretty charming bloke (I know for fact as he is a customer of mine) so he can turn the tables without resorting to intimidation.

Yeah it's a shame no one questioned him on his statement that John Setka should be the prime minister, worth a bit of examination I'd think.

I think from memory sam changed the subject. Or if he didnt glossed over it. One wonders IF gatto wasnt there and it was raised, WOULD Sam have opined?

I absolutely agree 100% with your statement about Gatto. Sam did turn to water and could've gone so much harder. Don attempted to at times but Gatto is a pretty charming bloke (I know for fact as he is a customer of mine) so he can turn the tables without resorting to intimidation.

Thanks mate.
Yes I can see Gatto has a certain thing about him. I think half of it is fear in that person talking to him with knowledge sees he's intimidating and a criminal (term used right or wrongly). So there's a bit of I dont want to piss him off, and you see a softer side. He has that skill.

Public service announcement. If you dont like Sam Newman making a dumbarse of himself about Covid and Trump skip the first 35 mins of part 1.I listen to almost everything but found it very hard to get through. The rest of the pod is good though
No, Sam was actually quite accurate with his comments about Covid and Trump. Not a struggle to listen at all.

lol sure. Do you find it interesting to hear the same thing over and over with no actual facts beside circumstantial evidence to back it up?

Tbh Im not in Melbourne so it doesn’t interest me one bit however theres an amazing thing you can do. either dont listen to that usually separate episode of the podcast or click the two arrows a couple of times and fast forward it so you don’t listen to it.. its an amazing invention.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back