Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember a Fox Footy program on the life of Peter Crimmins.

Crimmins (who died of cancer) said that Don Scott told him he only got the captaincy because of sympathy.

Tells me everything I need to know about the character of Scott.

As for Newman, his tantrums over golf last year as people were dying were enough for me.

The podcast is clearly aimed at a certain group of people and there's a podcast for all tastes, so good on them.

Crimmins (who died of cancer) said that Don Scott told him he only got the captaincy because of sympathy.

As for Newman, his tantrums over golf last year as people were dying were enough for me.

The podcast is clearly aimed at a certain group of people and there's a podcast for all tastes, so good on them.
Sam's comments about the golf were accurate. There was no reason courses had to be shut. Just because people are dying due to their Premier, doesn't mean the whole world has to come to a stand still.

Last edited:

Sometimes the truth hurts, we get so pissed off that people don't tell the truth and lack transparency but the second somebody is honest and gives an opinion that upsets somebody the whole world melts down. You cannot win in this world, that's why I like Sam alot, honest, raw, controversial but that's so much better than the other side of the pillow.

Sometimes the truth hurts, we get so pissed off that people don't tell the truth and lack transparency but the second somebody is honest and gives an opinion that upsets somebody the whole world melts down. You cannot win in this world, that's why I like Sam alot, honest, raw, controversial but that's so much better than the other side of the pillow.

The only thing harder than convincing someone of an unpopular truth is dissuading them of a popular lie...

Scott was unfairly maligned over the whole Crimmins scenario, from the captaincy to the horrible rumours regarding his involvement in the cancer.
Reading the book Crimmo, even Crimmins brothers say that Scott was unfairly treated. Crimmins seemed to blame Scott for everything, non selection in the 75GF, captaincy, etc etc.
Selectors and administrators of the time say that Scott wasn't even involved in any of the processes.
Crimmo was actually made Captain prior to his cancer diagnosis

Sam's comments about the golf were accurate. There was no reasons courses had to be shut. Just because people are dying due to their Premier, doesn't mean the whole world has to come to a stand still.

Agreed, and finally the world as we know it in Victoria is starting to resume.

Well part 1 was a shocker, let's see how part 2 goes.

They get on a 'retired' doctor who happens to be pro the horse drug ivermectin AND waiting for Novovax. That's quite the quinella.

They get on a 'retired' doctor who happens to be pro the horse drug ivermectin AND waiting for Novovax. That's quite the quinella.

i like your use of horsey terms!

Yep, part 1 was garbage. Got the feeling the Rocket wont be back, he even seemed bored talking to them on the phone.
I switched off halfway through the ex footballer/doctor interview as soon as he started carrying on about ivermectin.
I reckon the podcast is on its last legs now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, part 1 was garbage. Got the feeling the Rocket wont be back, he even seemed bored talking to them on the phone.
I switched off halfway through the ex footballer/doctor interview as soon as he started carrying on about ivermectin.
I reckon the podcast is on its last legs now
Disagree. Loved part 1, and so did all my mates who are regularly listeners. Perhaps it's on its last legs if you're a lefty who can't get your weekly dose of wokeness from Rod, but for everyone else, it's still going strong.

It could continue in its current guise and maintain a niche audience but I feel Don checked out a while ago now and won’t be long before he pulls the pin. There’s no real reason for rockett to come back so doubt he will.

Disagree. Loved part 1, and so did all my mates who are regularly listeners. Perhaps it's on its last legs if you're a lefty who can't get your weekly dose of wokeness from Rod, but for everyone else, it's still going strong.

You must be a conspiracy theorist/antivaxxer it was absolute bullshit, more antivax bullshit on the podcast in part one

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You must be a conspiracy theorist/antivaxxer it was absolute bullshit, more antivax bullshit on the podcast in part one

It would have been a lot better listening if Sam also invited one out of thousands of GPs to provide a contrasting view.

I think all Sam is doing is providing the alternative view, considering he said he's happy to be vaccinated with pfizer
if he was happy to be vaccinated by Pfizer he would have been vaccinated already. I bet you he wont do it until he has to travel somewhere or is hampered by the restrictions to the unvaccinated. Otherwise morons like the doctor wouldnt be on the podcast

if he was happy to be vaccinated by Pfizer he would have been vaccinated already. I bet you he wont do it until he has to travel somewhere or is hampered by the restrictions to the unvaccinated. Otherwise morons like the doctor wouldnt be on the podcast
I have faith Sam will get the jab, he's said all along he will. maybe blind faith.
Thing is he is probably gaining support from anti vaxxers so IF he is vaccinated he loses that. A vexed situation

You must be a conspiracy theorist/antivaxxer

He is. Read his daft replies on this thread.

Next week’s guest will be a flat-earther. Not that Sam is saying the earth is flat, but many experts say it’s flat, and there is evidence online that the earth is flat, and the mainstream media won’t report it because they’re corrupt and dishonest and have an agenda and driven by activists and etc.

This podcast has jumped the shark.

jono23 likes this post :thumbsu:

I'm definitely not a lefty mate, I agree with Sam's views more often than not.
It's just that he expresses those views every week, multiple times.
I reckon Rod is needed to pull the whole thing back slightly closer to centre

I’m fully vaxxed and don’t believe in the crappy conspiracy theories, but it was interesting listening to that dr today.

That dr was in fact vaccinated with Astra Z so it wasn’t about NOT being vaccinated.

What was fascinating was the discussion re MRNA vaccines vs Novovax

Remove this Banner Ad

Back