Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Nov 17, 2012
22 Acacia Ave.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pistons, Bills
Don: “Meat is expensive. The price of animal livestock is very high at the moment ”

Rod: Speaking of animals, have you seen how expensive dogs are now” ?

Don: “Huh?What?! Do you eat dog?”
7BF1D187-22A0-49A1-900C-A1E9F634BF8F.jpeg

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I felt bad for the guest who was brought in today so Sam could whinge about the banning of a lot of the right wing off social media but the podcast was redeemed when Sam did an impression of Jeff Kennett meeting Don at Graham Arthur's funeral in the 3rd part. I had tears in my eyes laughing so hard while almost driving off the road.

He didn't seem to be really across the issues, or armed with facts, nor willing to express much of an opinion either!

Maybe he was a bit overawed or intimidated, or just very submissive towards Sam's rants.

Based on the comments at the end, sounded like he is a mate of Sam's son? All in all, a very disappointing "expert".

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He didn't seem to be really across the issues, or armed with facts, nor willing to express much of an opinion either!

Maybe he was a bit overawed or intimidated, or just very submissive towards Sam's rants.

Based on the comments at the end, sounded like he is a mate of Sam's son? All in all, a very disappointing "expert".

Yeah he was a bit like that but also Sam has his mind made up about a lot of things and isn't really open to balanced analysis.

Facts are they linked the social media to the Capitol stuff so whether you agree with it or not that was there reasoning and it's pretty hard to argue doing something to stop another event like that is a bad thing.

What a lot of people miss with free speech is that it's not free of consequences.

Sam can shut down any argument by the simple basic tactic used by a lot of people.

1) whataboutism - but what about this what about that etc
2) if all else fails say something about fake news, depends where you get your information from, alternative facts etc

so it really is pointless having a discussion with someone like that.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I fell for it for a while

And agree it would be over

Funny how the Footy Show could never work without Sam.....

In the same way , the podcast would never work without Don

I agree about not working without Don.
Isn't it funny though how quickly they moved on when Mike left, the podcast has probably gone to another level since he's been gone.
That's an indication of how much impact he had on it

The episode with Alex the tech expert....man Sam seems to have gone another level.

“They” (Amazon etc) are behind everything. Election fraud, stopped stories about Biden being posted etc.

It does sound like he’s displeased because parlor a conservative platform was taken down. One wonders if a leftist platform was removed would he be as spirited

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree about not working without Don.
Isn't it funny though how quickly they moved on when Mike left, the podcast has probably gone to another level since he's been gone.
That's an indication of how much impact he had on it

Sheahan is pissweak. Even as someone who thinks Newmans views are decades out of date and embarrassing I'd rather listen to him than Mike. Mike is too afraid to have an opinion on anything and shits himself when challenged. Sam isn't bad when he isn't crapping on about right wing bullshit.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Sheahan is pissweak. Even as someone who thinks Newmans views are decades out of date and embarrassing I'd rather listen to him than Mike. Mike is too afraid to have an opinion on anything and shits himself when challenged. Sam isn't bad when he isn't crapping on about right wing bullshit.
I think Sams views are exactly what the people think but are too afraid to say.

I think Sams views are exactly what the people think but are too afraid to say.
May well be freddy. But if people dont say it, how do we know they're thinking it?

The same can be applied to the extreme left or lefties who espouse extreme whacky opinions, they're saying what people are too afraid of saying.

Back